+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: T3 Crystals and PvP gear.

Default T3 Crystals and PvP gear.

For all the PvP + PvE players out there would it be possible to make those t3 crystals work on myrm gear? Maybe relic only? Or even scale the crystal down when using myrm gear but allow them to work nonetheless? I'm currently farming IS to upgrade all my crystals because I just got my t3 4piece tonight but I'm also a casual PvPer and this is a serious blow to my PvP specs.

I know a lot of people don't give any f*cks about this because they don't PvE at all or just enought to farm RIC in t1 but for anyone playing more then just 1 aspect of the game this is a pretty big inconvenience,

Imho you should be able to use the most expensive crystal for any set of gear you have and just have the crystal scale depending on which tier the set belongs to.

Please allow a way for T3 crystals to be useful/usable in PvP.

This would be nice cos I just had to buy a 2nd Defiler crystal for my PVP gear since I upgraded to the Luminous. And I need to buy others too still :<.

relic myrm gear should give t3
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

first world raider problems.

Ascendant

worldFirst problems

Ascendant

They should add an acheivement if you enter a wf with a tier. 3 pve crystal.

Id call it, "dun that suck now"

The answer is also no. Trion has a money issue. You have it; they want it. Play more or pay more so you dont have to grind more.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The answer is also no. Trion has a money issue. You have it; they want it. Play more or pay more so you dont have to grind more.
    There's far more people that would buy the T3 crystal if it worked with relic myrm gear than there's PvEers with 4+ T3 armor that also PvP and would buy new sets of crystals. If your argument is money then I'm pretty sure this QOL change would earn them more.

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...quirement.html

already tried this, thread was closed
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Plane Walker

Maybe you all should stop raiding instead.

I believe this is Karma for all those PvE trinkets I had to deal with in the last year.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...quirement.html

already tried this, thread was closed
    Threads are automatically locked after x amount of time has passed. It was not locked because of the idea you presented.

See: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...n/index14.html

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    I believe this is Karma for all those PvE trinkets I had to deal with in the last year.
    Try since forever! The best days of PVP were DPS going in with 2-4pc HK crystal set + PVE weap + PVE trinket and watching people get nuked.
    Last edited by Riane; 06-26-2014 at 08:10 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Try since forever! The best days of PVP were DPS going in with 2-4pc HK crystal set + PVE weap + PVE trinket and watching people get nuked.
    3.0 Wishlist - Bolstered trinket slot

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    3.0 Wishlist - Bolstered trinket slot
    Wishlist:
    - Ppl in WFs bolstered to top gear lvl
    - PvP gear > PvE gear in open world, well on PvP servers...
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-26-2014 at 09:01 AM.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    For all the PvP + PvE players out there would it be possible to make those t3 crystals work on myrm gear? Maybe relic only? Or even scale the crystal down when using myrm gear but allow them to work nonetheless? I'm currently farming IS to upgrade all my crystals because I just got my t3 4piece tonight but I'm also a casual PvPer and this is a serious blow to my PvP specs.

I know a lot of people don't give any f*cks about this because they don't PvE at all or just enought to farm RIC in t1 but for anyone playing more then just 1 aspect of the game this is a pretty big inconvenience,

Imho you should be able to use the most expensive crystal for any set of gear you have and just have the crystal scale depending on which tier the set belongs to.

Please allow a way for T3 crystals to be useful/usable in PvP.
    Unfortunately we cannot support this at this point in time. A major rework of how our synergy crystal system works would have to be done. We have looked at other options, but they are all bad options from both a user experience standpoint and a development standpoint.

~Daglar

Can you at least make the upgrade not consume the crystal?

Otherwise we have to farm enough IS to not only upgrade exisiting to t3 but also farm new ones for t2 pvp.

Seems like a punishment for upgrading to a new tier, that shouldnt exist.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Unfortunately we cannot support this at this point in time. A major rework of how our synergy crystal system works would have to be done. We have looked at other options, but they are all bad options from both a user experience standpoint and a development standpoint.

~Daglar
    I was going to say what the person below said, the only flaw is that upgrading consumes the prior. Forgive me if I am ignorant here because I most likely am, as I know little about coding and what is "easy" and "strenuous". But, couldn't you make the upgrade simply 'check' that you have the prior crystal without consuming it? And all people with t3 crystals in their inventory, have the game automatically hand them back the prior crystals that correspond to the t3 versions?

Otherwise, I thought you guys had made stuff retroactive before. If not, I am sure it is on your guys to-do list for the level raise. After doing lots of set bonus shenanigans in my Eq2 days, I always found making stuff retroactive was best. Ya know, t1 armor triggers t1 crystals. T2 armor triggers t2 and t1 crystals and so forth. But that may be where my ignorance to coding comes in.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast