+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
Like Tree10Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: T3 Crystals and PvP gear.

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default T3 Crystals and PvP gear.

    For all the PvP + PvE players out there would it be possible to make those t3 crystals work on myrm gear? Maybe relic only? Or even scale the crystal down when using myrm gear but allow them to work nonetheless? I'm currently farming IS to upgrade all my crystals because I just got my t3 4piece tonight but I'm also a casual PvPer and this is a serious blow to my PvP specs.

    I know a lot of people don't give any f*cks about this because they don't PvE at all or just enought to farm RIC in t1 but for anyone playing more then just 1 aspect of the game this is a pretty big inconvenience,

    Imho you should be able to use the most expensive crystal for any set of gear you have and just have the crystal scale depending on which tier the set belongs to.

    Please allow a way for T3 crystals to be useful/usable in PvP.

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    This would be nice cos I just had to buy a 2nd Defiler crystal for my PVP gear since I upgraded to the Luminous. And I need to buy others too still :<.

  3. #3
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    relic myrm gear should give t3
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

  4. #4
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    first world raider problems.

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    worldFirst problems

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,580

    Default

    They should add an acheivement if you enter a wf with a tier. 3 pve crystal.

    Id call it, "dun that suck now"


    The answer is also no. Trion has a money issue. You have it; they want it. Play more or pay more so you dont have to grind more.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Allmightyone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The answer is also no. Trion has a money issue. You have it; they want it. Play more or pay more so you dont have to grind more.
    There's far more people that would buy the T3 crystal if it worked with relic myrm gear than there's PvEers with 4+ T3 armor that also PvP and would buy new sets of crystals. If your argument is money then I'm pretty sure this QOL change would earn them more.

  8. #8
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...quirement.html

    already tried this, thread was closed
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Maybe you all should stop raiding instead.

    I believe this is Karma for all those PvE trinkets I had to deal with in the last year.

  10. #10
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Riane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    5,612

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...quirement.html

    already tried this, thread was closed
    Threads are automatically locked after x amount of time has passed. It was not locked because of the idea you presented.

    See: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...n/index14.html

    Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    I believe this is Karma for all those PvE trinkets I had to deal with in the last year.
    Try since forever! The best days of PVP were DPS going in with 2-4pc HK crystal set + PVE weap + PVE trinket and watching people get nuked.
    Last edited by Riane; 06-26-2014 at 08:10 AM.

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Try since forever! The best days of PVP were DPS going in with 2-4pc HK crystal set + PVE weap + PVE trinket and watching people get nuked.
    3.0 Wishlist - Bolstered trinket slot

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Morwath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    3.0 Wishlist - Bolstered trinket slot
    Wishlist:
    - Ppl in WFs bolstered to top gear lvl
    - PvP gear > PvE gear in open world, well on PvP servers...
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-26-2014 at 09:01 AM.

  13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,389

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    For all the PvP + PvE players out there would it be possible to make those t3 crystals work on myrm gear? Maybe relic only? Or even scale the crystal down when using myrm gear but allow them to work nonetheless? I'm currently farming IS to upgrade all my crystals because I just got my t3 4piece tonight but I'm also a casual PvPer and this is a serious blow to my PvP specs.

    I know a lot of people don't give any f*cks about this because they don't PvE at all or just enought to farm RIC in t1 but for anyone playing more then just 1 aspect of the game this is a pretty big inconvenience,

    Imho you should be able to use the most expensive crystal for any set of gear you have and just have the crystal scale depending on which tier the set belongs to.

    Please allow a way for T3 crystals to be useful/usable in PvP.
    Unfortunately we cannot support this at this point in time. A major rework of how our synergy crystal system works would have to be done. We have looked at other options, but they are all bad options from both a user experience standpoint and a development standpoint.

    ~Daglar

  14. #14
    RIFT Guide Writer IllusiveEQ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    561

    Default

    Can you at least make the upgrade not consume the crystal?

    Otherwise we have to farm enough IS to not only upgrade exisiting to t3 but also farm new ones for t2 pvp.

    Seems like a punishment for upgrading to a new tier, that shouldnt exist.
    Illusive - EQ - retired, Illu - EQ2 - retired
    Illusive - Vanguard SoH - retired
    Illusive - AoC - retired
    Illusive - WoW - retired
    IllusiveEQ - Rift - current

  15. #15
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Unfortunately we cannot support this at this point in time. A major rework of how our synergy crystal system works would have to be done. We have looked at other options, but they are all bad options from both a user experience standpoint and a development standpoint.

    ~Daglar
    I was going to say what the person below said, the only flaw is that upgrading consumes the prior. Forgive me if I am ignorant here because I most likely am, as I know little about coding and what is "easy" and "strenuous". But, couldn't you make the upgrade simply 'check' that you have the prior crystal without consuming it? And all people with t3 crystals in their inventory, have the game automatically hand them back the prior crystals that correspond to the t3 versions?

    Otherwise, I thought you guys had made stuff retroactive before. If not, I am sure it is on your guys to-do list for the level raise. After doing lots of set bonus shenanigans in my Eq2 days, I always found making stuff retroactive was best. Ya know, t1 armor triggers t1 crystals. T2 armor triggers t2 and t1 crystals and so forth. But that may be where my ignorance to coding comes in.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts