+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Can physician be 1v1 killed in a wf?

Rift Disciple

Default Can physician be 1v1 killed in a wf?

im only asking because i saw one guy (who claims to be good @ rift and participates in pvp tourneys) trying to kill a phys 1v1 and wasnt able to.

should 1 person be able to kill phys?

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    im only asking because i saw one guy (who claims to be good @ rift and participates in pvp tourneys) trying to kill a phys 1v1 and wasnt able to.

should 1 person be able to kill phys?
    The answer is no. Doms can lock them down a little but not kill. Burstier classes like paragon and shaman can give them scares. Usually takes 2 burst dps lining up 15 sec burst to kill a good one.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Today I was in a warfront playing warlord and I did try to attack a physician at our base in whitefall steppes. Sometimes I can take down some decent healers 1on1, especially if I can continue my burst with bf exp on. If you're wondering yes I'm rank 90, with pretty good gear, but that physican I mentioned had 36k hp I believe (he may have even had better gear?). Anyway when I was attacking him with my hardest hitting abilities for about seconds he had time to say 'lol'. Then eventually 2 other of my team mates were on him; however,he managed to retreat to mid. Afterwards he said something about my attacks tickle. I don't recall anyone ever saying that to me, I presume he may have had guardian phase on, though I didn't check.

About your question, my bets are on 61 paragon or sin? It really depends on a lot of factors though such as gear difference and their skill levels.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Since I only play bard in wf's I don't have many opportunities to 1v1 anyone but I can easily 1v1 a physician as a bard, please buff.

Answer....yes you can. You just need to realize you are not presurring a Cloro or a Warden. If you do not use drains and/or CC you will have an exercise of frustration however. Now admittedly I am killing them through the use of 2 CC's in my build (have not tried with other builds) but it is doable. Tip you have CC hot keyed (not macro'd). This is because you have to use them at specific points during the encounter. The drains also do not have to be a dom drain, Sin and NBesque drains are adequate. Now note my CC is NOT debilitate. If you have debilitate it is even easier. Phys healing, including it's passive shield, are based half on weapon dps and half on AP. So a disarmed Phys can't even proc a passive (example preventative medication) or conditional heal (example Life Insurance.). These would still proc under the influence of a stun (as an example)

Now this is more difficult if the other side has stacked the hell out of healers. Half the problem now is not the Phys as much as metric butt tons of cross healing. However people saying it is impossible? Yeah no.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-24-2014 at 12:52 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Answer....yes you can. You just need to realize you are not presurring a Cloro or a Warden. If you do not use drains and/or CC you will have an exercise of frustration however. Now admittedly I am killing them through the use of 2 CC's in my build (have not tried with other builds) but it is doable. Tip you have CC hot keyed (not macro'd). This is because you have to use them at specific points during the encounter. The drains also do not have to be a dom drain, Sin and NBesque drains are adequate. Now note my CC is NOT debilitate. If you have debilitate it is even easier. Phys healing, including it's passive shield, are based half on weapon dps and half on AP. So a disarmed Phys can't even proc a passive (example preventative medication) or conditional heal (example Life Insurance.). These would still proc under the influence of a stun (as an example)

Now this is more difficult if the other side has stacked the hell out of healers. Half the problem now is not the Phys as much as metric butt tons of cross healing. However people saying it is impossible? Yeah no.
    He said 1v1. Any class that can drain does not have enough burst. And any phys, being the highest ST healing class, that loses 1v1 is just plain bad. You can give them a scare with paragons using a full alacrity + shifting blades burst rotation and a timed wrist strike but you won't kill the good ones. It's just how ST healing is.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Paragons also decrease healing output with Death touch and have a stun and a debil you will kill the **** ones but the good ones no.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    He said 1v1. Any class that can drain does not have enough burst. And any phys, being the highest ST healing class, that loses 1v1 is just plain bad. You can give them a scare with paragons using a full alacrity + shifting blades burst rotation and a timed wrist strike but you won't kill the good ones. It's just how ST healing is.
    Assassin, NB (and hybrids of same) have drains, burst and CC. Also again from a static healing point of view Sent and Phys throughput are =, sent has more burst but Phys shields (a part of throughput) is said to compensate. It is the ST throughput that will save your ***.

Additionally in terms of self healing the through put of Phys is lower since then can no longer apply supportive care to themselves and the other passive shields are crushed in PvP. A warfront score board off the hook usually indicates a hybrid (which lacks the ST oomph of 61 due to changes to tactician and is AoE healing in a Cloro sorta way) or an encounter where 61 Phys could do A LOT of parse padding with their AoE HoT.

BTW the ST Sent = ST Phys is not my personal math, rather the target and results of the testing both closed and open on PTS as confirmed by multiple testers.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Oh and inb4 "yeah rogues can do it so they op" try 40 (or 44) VK/32 Para.

Don't believe yet anyone can solo a physician. I've put offers out there for someone to impress me and, as a solo DPS, take me out in my Rogues heal spec. But I don't think anyone can to be frank. Not just me I mean, any properly played Physician.

At best I've died to 2 - 3 good DPS at once. But never have I been paying attention, playing properly, and died to a solo person. Infact, the last person trash talking me was 5 v 1'ing me - I caught them alone and they couldn't dent my Physician below 90%. Some bad DPS I can actually make it so they can't even dent the shields (this is poor DPS, not a powerful physician). I can maybe keep a Physician having to mostly heal themselves, but even in my most glassy specs I don't think they will take a well played one out 1 on 1. Average and poor physicians I've killed solo.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-24-2014 at 05:19 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Walker

You can always solo the bad ones.

Any competent Physician will require at least 2 DPS and a well timed stun. If they have cross heals then you will need a lot more. But still pressure the Physician so maybe the idiot PUGs on your team will finally take down that Warlord.
    Last edited by Malidrag; 06-24-2014 at 05:23 AM.

Whoa nelly, edit timer.

Al though even some good ones I've had to make use some good abilities.

I can at least dent a physician below 50% hp. One of them I had to laugh at, he was talking such a big game after almost eating dirt. No idea who he was, he had a break free blown and I had a stun saved. Dropped the stun and it wore off when he was between 5 - 10% and he popped ER. He walked away talking like he wasn't a thread away from death a bit ago. The ego these people have. I at least want to back mine up, it's why I *want* to see a DPS solo me. So I can know it can be done and there are good DPS out there. Infact, that may be my new recruit phase for my guild I'm kickstarting. If you can solo me on my Physician, you beyond dispute have a spot.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion of Telara

I can kill them only when they aren't paying attention and I get lucky crits back to back on a Bolt of Depravity-Nysyr's-Bolt of Retribution barrage.

Yeah, the ego and trash talking from physicians is pretty bad. It gets worse with cross heals and no dom for CC. With the valor changes, ttk is just too long unless you're using myrmidon weapons but the problem with matchmaking is that you'll probably have a dps next to you only pushing 800 dps.

Good physicians wont die 1vs1, you need at minimum, two quality dps, emphasize on *quality* dps. Most skilled/geared healers cant die 1vs1, that's not new. But seeing as how 98% of pvp dps are atrocious, I can see why physicians are considered god mode. After the recent changes by Vladd, they're definitely susceptible to an easy kill with two above average dps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast