+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Conquest Chests

Default Conquest Chests

Having played in a conquest match the other day that ended in a tie it was very disheartening to see my entire team unable to loot our chest.

We tied with a popular premade team and we were a pug team, we definately didnt have the matching fire power of the premade or even the numbers but guess you could say we were lucky to tie the game at all.

It would be much fairer (and im not whining) if in a tied match the chests were put on opposite sides of the Eye so each team has at least a chance of looting it, the match was extremely long and seemed so unfair that even with a technical win one winning goup got nothing, it does nothing to encourage people to play conquest matches.

p.s This is not the character i pvp with.
    Last edited by Purrr; 06-23-2014 at 05:25 AM.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Xhex@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

Rift Chaser

sorry man. This is how CQ works. That's why there is a 10minutes to DENY your foes from looting. I feel your pain, i too had a couple of times able to loot the chest.

Anyway, Trion will not change the way current CQ is. IT is here to stay. Get your team to focus fire.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Conquest is still PvP. And PvP means Players versus Player. As much as many want to deny the fact that "Conquest isn't PvP", it still falls into the category of players beating the hell out of other players to complete/deny an objective or deny another person, faction, group; whatever it might be, their reward(s).

If it's the CQ I was in the other night, the faction tie was Oath and Dom, I think. Dom didn't have a premade or a postmade, that i knew of, on it - just a very good lead. And a team that listened to the leads calls quite well. I saw numerous instances where the Oathsworn faction kept splitting up into smaller groups of 10 to 20 trying to force the timer before the kill counter timer. Thing is, I had a good laugh at that.

Players who more-or-less focus on objectives-only are the easiest to kill players in PvP.

It's just the way Stillmoor conquest is. It won't change anytime soon.

Some of us were trying to let you loot. Trion is killing it's own beast making it bad enough with RNG but then adding extra RNG on top if you can even loot the chest. It's only stillmoor this still happens. it's hard to stop zerg minds sometimes some still need kills etc sometimes other priorities are get their kills in, some people are just %@@sholes, some people are just fithing back cause then the other side starts pushing again.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-23-2014 at 06:37 AM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

even a 30 sec window at the end to loot I mean if you are actually in this position near the chest you are having a good tough fight in the middle anyway. Everyone gets to epeen everyone gets theirs kills for the week but still takes away the extra RNG for new players etc.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Conquest, by definition, is the act of forcefully taking control or an area. The spoils of your domination is loot rights to the chest.

You ended up in that situation because your team failed in securing the win. You didn't conquer Stillmoor, because the other team(s) finished on equal footing. Absent an outright "WIN," you theoretically have no loot rights, and therefore must fight to loot.

Part of the problem is the PVE mentality of CQ participants during that phase of CQ. Instead of killing players and driving the other team back, I guarantee that at least half your team was whacking on the boss to loot the 60 infinity stones he drops. Idiots.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Part of the problem is the PVE mentality of CQ participants during that phase of CQ. Instead of killing players and driving the other team back, I guarantee that at least half your team was whacking on the boss to loot the 60 infinity stones he drops. Idiots.
    Agree! Especially those trying to loot the chest when tons of AoE was on the chest area. LOL. Still standing there trying to loot... Lmao.

Champion of Telara

I once participated in a 3 day Relic Raid in DAoC where even getting one frontier keep took 8 hours.

Rift PvP is what happens when you turn the 'get a trophy just for participating' generation loose on an MMO. Such entitlement.
    Last edited by Caeus; 06-23-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Rift Disciple

You mean it's not fun playing a dozen+ Conquest matches a week, winning/tieing one by some stupid luck, then not being able to loot a chest, meanwhile seeing people with 'Hello Kitty' guild tags that have multiple relic pieces? This game is beyond ****ed and Trion doesn't really care. If they did, they would have stopped the premades a long while back and this relic **** wouldn't exist. It's a 'pay to win' game all the way now and if you still take it seriously, then I'm sorry. It's like the old saying goes: 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'

If you want to loot, you have to actually pvp at some point. Shocking, I know.
    Rianeva@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Toushirou View Post
    You mean it's not fun playing a dozen+ Conquest matches a week, winning/tieing one by some stupid luck, then not being able to loot a chest, meanwhile seeing people with 'Hello Kitty' guild tags that have multiple relic pieces? This game is beyond ****ed and Trion doesn't really care. If they did, they would have stopped the premades a long while back and this relic **** wouldn't exist. It's a 'pay to win' game all the way now and if you still take it seriously, then I'm sorry. It's like the old saying goes: 'Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.'
    Pugging in CQ can be a miserable experience. Try getting in on a PM. They usually start asking about 20 -30 minutes before a match. Several guilds have leaders that form. Not as much in steppes, but stillmore for sure.

You can also form your own PM. It's a lot more work but you can do things the way you want to.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Pugging in CQ can be a miserable experience. Try getting in on a PM. They usually start asking about 20 -30 minutes before a match. Several guilds have leaders that form. Not as much in steppes, but stillmore for sure.

You can also form your own PM. It's a lot more work but you can do things the way you want to.
    That's a nice thought and although I admire your attempt at making it seem as if it were possible to form a competent pm of your own, anyone with any sense knows that all of the players with gear and/or knowledge of Conquest are already lined up at one of the current pm's doors. Have you pugged recently? Have you witnessed the raids that run multiple Assassins and Chloros that are all running Lifegiving Veil?...Conquest is nothing but a sad joke, which stopped being funny a long time ago.

p.s. I would LOVE to know which pm you are referring to that is still asking for players in chat, because I haven't seen one of them since before Hello Kitty was Hello Kitty.
    Last edited by Toushirou; 06-23-2014 at 09:39 AM.

Think I might have been on your team because this describes the experience I had. Ties are a real drag, and always end up poorly for one team. A good number of folks in my raid got the winning CQ marks and left. Without a full team, it was very hard to match the organization and focus that they had.

CQ is working as designed, and this is the way it will be. At least with a tie, you can prepare yourself mentally for not being able to loot. The real bummer for me is being the only winning team and not getting the chest.

Quote Originally Posted by Toushirou View Post
    That's a nice thought and although I admire your attempt at making it seem as if it were possible to form a competent pm of your own, anyone with any sense knows that all of the players with gear and/or knowledge of Conquest are already lined up at one of the current pm's doors. Have you pugged recently? Have you witnessed the raids that run multiple Assassins and Chloros that are all running Lifegiving Veil?...Conquest is nothing but a sad joke, which stopped being funny a long time ago.

p.s. I would LOVE to know which pm you are referring to that is still asking for players in chat, because I haven't seen one of them since before Hello Kitty was Hello Kitty.
    I would disagree about not being able to form a competent raid on your own. The real issue there is getting your name well known enough that people start sending you tells before a match to see if you are forming. I know leaders across several guilds that experience that. Having said that, there are still a lot of good people out there left you can set up a raid with but starting out it is tougher than people realize - just because of the name recognition thing. I also know HK does not gear check (ran my p75 rogue in several last week) and I know Dachro does not. (gave him a hard time last night because he requested in raid chat that everyone should have their Synergy Crystal). That was his extent of gear check.

As far as Assasin / Chloro raids, well, there are several raid builds that would demolish that. I have run on 10 Dom raids, 10 Marksman/Ranger raids, even 10 BM raids (don't try this at home). Predict started playing around with various setups on the weekends running these. It was suprising what was/was not effective.

As far as chat, I see folks spamming in HK chat channel all the time. Keep in mind, a lot of guilds and leaders from other guilds utilize the channel also, so its not just HK.

One final note - if you don't want to form - bug a CQ leader that you know about 30 mins before match. They may kill me for saying this, because it can be overwhelming with the tells they get, but you can have a shot at getting in on a PM that way, also.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Thankyou for all the replies and yes i do acknowledge that Trion will not change the way conquest currently is. I just wanted to put forward a easy solution to a frustrating problem.

I am not a PvE player i love PvP and love doing conquest and are currently 1 match off being R90, i have looked for premades calling in chat but i also have failed to see any. I have had one offer to join one permanently but they wanted me to leave my guild which i'm happy in so its not that easy.

I also understand the mentality of groups at the last fight where some sort of blind rage takes on players where its kill alll kill everything and have tried to get my group to stop so players can loot on a match tie but i agree its hard for the 5 people that want the other team to loot there are 20 that dont and wont listen.

Anyway will keep playing and working on maxing gear now.

Purrdie.
    Purrr@Faeblight, Meowie@Faeblight, Purrfect@Faeblight, Xhex@Faebight + others

Karma..what goes around comes around.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast