+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The fix to conquest lag

Default The fix to conquest lag

might actually be able to play conquest at more than 2 fps with this =P

http://i.imgur.com/YiimAZx.jpg
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-21-2014 at 07:54 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

I wonder how long that machine would take to recognise "cecond" as a spelling mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I wonder how long that machine would take to recognise "cecond" as a spelling mistake.
    yeah i think everyone has noticed that. i got this from I F%#king love science or IFLS
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

In a full on 100v100 cq zerg, I maintain about 15fps with all max settings.

Why are people so cheap with computers these days. I remember when the cheapest computer you could buy was around $2000.

You can achieve this type of performance with a $1200 pc. Go back to consoles if your using mom's old work labtop to play rift.

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

Quote Originally Posted by Meduza View Post

Why are people so cheap with computers these days. I remember when the cheapest computer you could buy was around $2000.

You can achieve this type of performance with a $1200 pc. Go back to consoles if your using mom's old work labtop to play rift.
    What you should do is post on a thread that's obviously a joke then insult people who play on LABtops??? ...... I am crossfiring 2x2gig 7800 series cards and get about 10-15fps and that is sh%$thouse for performance by any standards. It's my time to get the upgrade this year tho the missus was last year =)
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    What you should do is post on a thread that's obviously a joke then insult people who play on LABtops??? ...... I am crossfiring 2x2gig 7800 series cards and get about 10-15fps and that is sh%$thouse for performance by any standards. It's my time to get the upgrade this year tho the missus was last year =)
    video cards mean very little.

You will probably get the same performance with a single ~ $100 card. It's all about processor speed once you have a somewhat decent vid card. Take that $300 you spent on that crossfire setup, buy a $100 processor cooler and overclock 40%, you'll see a direct 30-40% increase in fps.

Meduza@Deepwood - [YouTube]

video cards mean very little.

You will probably get the same performance with a single ~ $100 card. It's all about processor speed once you have a somewhat decent vid card. Take that $300 you spent on that crossfire setup, buy a $100 processor cooler and overclock 40%, you'll see a direct 30-40% increase in fps.
    Quad core overclocked liquid cooled...... it's definately video cards letting me down atm. Pretty sure one is close to failing it's running way too hot according to catalyst.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Wow.. arrogant much? I'm able to run games such as Battlefield 4 on ultra settings with 60+ FPS, tweaked Far Cry 3 to go beyond ultra with added enchancements but a zerg in CQ doesn't go above 10 FPS. But hey, I'm sure it's my PC because Rift is such a graphical powerhouse and optimized game, making use of x64 and definitely not outdated... oh wait.
    Last Dawn @ Zaviel
    Shifthappens - 50 Cleric || Omfgkittens - 60 Mage

Rift Chaser

just ignore meduza comment. Rift game performance varies differently on each individual computers/laptops. U can have multi-core cpu, but Rift doesn't make use of multi-core. Remember, L3 cache is the most important factor follow by cpu speed then lastly vga. Vga u dun need to buy those high tier, juz a average joe card is good enough. CPU: it seems Rift favor Intel more than AMD. Don't ask me why. Also, ur internet latency too affect the FPS.

Rift is running on old game engine, an era where cpu is still a single core. And the scripting isn't optimized for modern usage.

Default something i found by accident....

I have a decent home built machine - I didnt build it but I watched lol

anyway - I had been having some lag and the other day I decided to clean the heat sink thats on my processor - I took it off cleaned it and put it back....upon starting it back up it wouldnt stay running - overheated and shut down - thats how I learned about gaming goop lol

for $25 I picked up Arctic Silver thermal compound - goes between the heat sink and the processor - lil dab will do ya - apparently the stuff that comes with your processor isnt meant for gaming and barely helps at all....

made a HUGE difference in my gaming temperature and lag....blew my mind....gaming goop!

forgive me if this is rudimentary knowledge - but I am amazed and I had to share

Just disable 'see target of target' and 'cast on target of target'
    Mass FPS increase.
    Mageerza@Faeblight; Leader of that which once was, yet is still to come.
    Know before you judge, or be judged for judging what you don't know.

What. I been building them since I was 11, 27 now, and never has a good PC needed to cost $2000. Unless you really are talking about pre-built PCs. Through my lifetime, no good PC has ever costed over $2000. It simply shouldn't if you are hand picking parts and deals. Now it could have costed over $2000, but, I am talking about redeemable gaming rigs that can run the latest games on typically max settings. Like when I built a computer for Doom 3 etc.

I think people buy pre-built garbage (pre-built PC's have sucked for gamers for over a decade, and are overpriced) or have it in their mind that you can game on a laptop and not be frustrated. "Gaming Laptop" is a laughable title.

I am with you though, I built my PC back in mid 2011, it costed under $1200, and I still run Rift just fine with max settings if I want, but I take a couple down for lil faster PvP frame rates. But this PC wasn't even considered top of the line in 2011 when I built it and here I am, 2014, still running Rift fine. Yet people buy new PC's within the last 6 months and can't run Rift. Sounds like a user problem and people need to research PC parts more before making a purchase. I never built a PC without extensively researching every single part that was going into it. But heck, gamers are so tech clueless these days. I want to stab myself whenever I say to someone "crap, I'm getting bad ping lag", and they reply with "I have an awesome video card".

Last edited by Violacea; 06-22-2014 at 11:38 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    What. I been building them since I was 11, 27 now, and never has a good PC needed to cost $2000. Unless you really are talking about pre-built PCs. Through my lifetime, no good PC has ever costed over $2000. It simply shouldn't if you are hand picking parts and deals. Now it could have costed over $2000, but, I am talking about redeemable gaming rigs that can run the latest games on typically max settings. Like when I built a computer for Doom 3 etc.

I think people buy pre-built garbage (pre-built PC's have sucked for gamers for over a decade, and are overpriced) or have it in their mind that you can game on a laptop and not be frustrated. "Gaming Laptop" is a laughable title.

I am with you though, I built my PC back in mid 2011, it costed under $1200, and I still run Rift just fine with max settings if I want, but I take a couple down for lil faster PvP frame rates. But this PC wasn't even considered top of the line in 2011 when I built it and here I am, 2014, still running Rift fine. Yet people buy new PC's within the last 6 months and can't run Rift. Sounds like a user problem and people need to research PC parts more before making a purchase. I never built a PC without extensively researching every single part that was going into it. But heck, gamers are so tech clueless these days. I want to stab myself whenever I say to someone "crap, I'm getting bad ping lag", and they reply with "I have an awesome video card".

The Thing is people don't build PC's to play rift exclusively. And yes research research research. best cooling is liquid cooling but then i got a sealed radiator system rather than a full system with pumps that can fail. It's a quad core AMD processor... it's not sh%t it's just obviously no good for rift after reading Polars comments. The cards i have are overkill but for some games video cache has been more important than anything. As with ram frequency. Hell at once stage when velociraptors where big it was HDD speed that was important especially around the times of Vista. When it only supported 4 gig of ram then used 2 gig of it itself.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

This also the reason that the MMO monster that is WoW is so successful. You can run it on anything you don't need the latest and greatest like some games required (conan on release) and you don't need to step back in time like Rift. They cater for everybody on any system with any internet connection with any play style (hardcore or casual). Love it or hate it, it's the perfect business structure
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Bad game engine + 300$ PC + 200 ppl zerg = 1-2 fps

Bad game engine + 2k$ PC + 200 ppl zerg = 15 fps

See the pattern?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast