+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: lol objectives

Default lol objectives

Why do people think objectives are pvp?

Clicking on a flag does not make you good at Rift.

Trion needs to award more points for players killed not for "pvp avoided".

the funny part about this thread is that it's made by a rogue

"lol objectives"

Said every pug PVPer ever.
    Abhor@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    the funny part about this thread is that it's made by a rogue
    Being the best player in Rift (not that this is an accomplishment cause rift) I don't need to spec2win and hide on flags ganking lowbies.

Removing the incentive to avoid pvp by clicking flags would encourage actual pvp and help herd the pugs to one spot in the map so it's easier to farm them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post

I agree wholeheartedly. It seems like a weird development decision to reward players who run away from fights to stare at a flag for 10 minutes more than players who actually fight.

In Trion's PvE, players are rewarded for fighting and killing enemy mobs, it should only logically follow that in PvP players should be rewarded for fighting and killing enemy players.

cookie clicker comps OP

Ascendant

Winning at Capture the Flag doesn't mean you're good at Halo, even if you do it in MLG and win without a single loss.

Said nobody ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Winning at Capture the Flag doesn't mean you're good at Halo, even if you do it in MLG and win without a single loss.

Said nobody ever.
    People can die in halo though. Even with their carebear regenerative shields. And doesn't take 10 people 2 minutes to kill them either.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-21-2014 at 04:21 PM.

There is no such thing as "PvE objectives" of "PvE'ing" in Warfronts. But there are people who join a game with a precise rule-set and ignore the ruleset. If it is a raw deathmatch then yeah, going for kills is the pure objective. But if it's something like a domination map. That is not deathmatch. Calling objectives "PvE" has been the lamest cop-out for losing a map and the person being upset because they lost with more kills. Reality check: Not all the WF's are deathmatches. The true "lol" is when a team is so into the kill and ignorant to the rule-set of the mod they are particiapting in, that I have come up and capped flags with 8 enemies backs to me. With recon vials up, there is no excuse for such poor gameplay from an entire team with the amount of time it takes to cap a flag. A win is a win is a win.

But Rift has it setup so players can't avoid rulesets they don't enjoy. I admit I'm not the biggest fan of map control/objective play. When I did FPS I was more into being a kill machine. My biggest addiction was team death match with last man standing type rule sets - where the winner is determined by best X out of Y rounds. But, without rewards and all the strings attached, I could simply go for years and just participate in TDM if that was my cup of tea. We have strings attached and a random queue that doesn't allow you to see the map you are entering. Also, I find it sort of silly that we do have a plethora of rule sets for WF PvP and CQ's, yet, not even for a bonus weekend experiment, have they tried a bit of mainstream deathmatch and see how the community takes it. I've suggested for years that it would be a great experiment to make Scion bonus weekends into a Deathmatch map and change points of interest to significant self/team buffs to encourage spread out gameplay. But I prefer typically to play a game by it's rules that deem the results a win. What I despise is when my team manages to get more kills and lose the game. That tells me I had a lazy team who probably could have won if they had awareness or even so much as cared about winning. Yes I am a nerd, I don't enjoy playing with people who don't want to win. It is very clear and concise at the end of a WF who the winner is, and I prefer to do what it takes to be the winning team.

TL - DR? I simply prefer to win games instead of losing them. Objectives give a map meaning. Being lethal is good, but being lethal with the ability to lock objectives and have greater map control is a step above in skilled gameplay.

It is just funny seeing the trend and how times change. I have seen people berated and called scrubs because they joined CTF games and just killed people. You know...leave the flag open, let the carrier run a route just around you, pretty much screw the team because you were too worried about fragging some clown. People couldn't stand people wouldn't play a rule-set by the proper rules. Now I am sitting here reading people writing off not playing the rule-set correctly as a proper approach as if it is superior or something. Times certainly do change and in this case it is for the worse.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

They should redesign World War II.

There were millions of people trying to accomplish objectives.

Ascendant

Flags dont fight back, that's why ;)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I do objectives 7 times every Saturday when I have to complete 7 daily's =) Then its hunting season...

Champion of Telara

I just do what I feel like doing. If I care about winning or need a win for a quest I will kill flag carriers and hit objectives (although more and more that's just throwing yourself to the stealth zerg). If I just want to pew, then I do that. It's all about my enjoyment to me.

i do objectives against premades. It's funny when they do a 50 to 2 kill stomp but then lose the game =)
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    People can die in halo though. Even with their carebear regenerative shields. And doesn't take 10 people 2 minutes to kill them either.
    You're right, sometimes fire fights can last for more than a minute or two due to playing defensively in halo.
    Doesn't take me two minutes to kill people unless they receive immense amounts of healing. At which point, I blow up the guy next to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast