+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: lol objectives

What are these "objectives" you guys are talking about? Isn't Rift PvP a deathmatch?

Kappa
    Last edited by VolitheBear; 06-22-2014 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Kappa

Ascendant

Im sorry Ave i didnt know that pug groups forced you to stay in your safety zerg net holding peoples hands and not stray from your zerg so you wouldnt get 1v1 pwned at a flag.

Do you guys actually have to make a group decision to move from mid to zerg somewhere else to win the game? I suggest better communication skills.

Oh and you arent beating people on kb-d ratio. Your team by and far beats everyone i know on damage taken/heals received. Id start touting that as an accomplishment in Rift if i were you.

Wrastion-the guy that kills your healers without bothering to attack you and wins the game easily playing objectives. You are right-Rifts tough.

Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    What are these "objectives" you guys are talking about? Isn't Rift PvP a deathmatch?

Kappa
    Objectives are finally realistically. It's the problem that not killing anyone has become the easier more preferred solution to completing them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Im sorry Ave i didnt know that pug groups forced you to stay in your safety zerg net holding peoples hands and not stray from your zerg so you wouldnt get 1v1 pwned at a flag.

Do you guys actually have to make a group decision to move from mid to zerg somewhere else to win the game? I suggest better communication skills.

Oh and you arent beating people on kb-d ratio. Your team by and far beats everyone i know on damage taken/heals received. Id start touting that as an accomplishment in Rift if i were you.

Wrastion-the guy that kills your healers without bothering to attack you and wins the game easily playing objectives. You are right-Rifts tough.
    We have to keep my KDR safe. It's unhealthy for me to die in video games.
    Last edited by Aveleys; 06-22-2014 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Because if your only/primary way of learning video games was MMOs, objectives ARE PvP. hell it was the first PvP. Take an objective and hold it, capture the flag, keep seiges etc.

Then along came FPS games. The people raised on those don't get that there are different kinds of PvP. That it is not just about mass zerg kills.

So yeah Objectives are PvP.
    Quite opposite. People raised on FPS games should be well aware that objective gameplay is a much higher level of performance and awareness compared to simply being lethal without the ability to control a map or be at the right place at the right time. Of course, when I say FPS, I means old 90's FPS, not CoD 439903 on Xbox. The tournaments that gave away stuff like $25,000, they were 1 v 1's that were 100% about map control. People always laughed because people who were awesome at Deathmatch and TDM would hop into these 1 v 1 map control games thinking they can just go pure accuracy style and wipe the other person and get utterly creamed. But that was one of the hardest 1 v 1 styles to master, controlling a map while maintaining a mental timer of several powerups on 20 - 30s respawns. You HAD to make runs around the map. You had to avoid the enemy at times because controlling the map and a powerup was FAR more important than trying to snag an extra kill many times. Now, to do that and be a lethal machine? That is what amazing players are made of. I'll even admit I sucked at 1 v 1 osp (what I just described, osp mod). I was not good at map control, it's not easy. Even harder to regain control if you start losing it.

As I always say, I remember seeing people get berrated on CTF servers and literally vote kicked, because they were only focusing on getting kills and the team didn't want someone bringing them down. That was how I grew up, if you didn't play objectives, you got kicked from your team and they didn't want someone of lesser skill on their team who can only kill and not multi task.

I don't get the glorification of not doing objectives. All I say is people shouting "Look at me! I'm a 1 dimensional player who lacks the ability to multi task with awareness!". It's like.. "ummm, psst, your bad is showing."
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-22-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I don't get the glorification of not doing objectives.
    It's simple. In the time you're wasting doing objectives, you could be preparing for your next scoreboard screenshot exchange with sprawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    It's simple. In the time you're wasting doing objectives, you could be preparing for your next scoreboard screenshot exchange with sprawl.
    Thanks for summing up my stance with stellar sarcasm.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    We have to keep my KDR safe. It's unhealthy for me to die in video games.
    Hahaha too much Liandel rubbing off on you =P is there a dammaz kron add on for rift?
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Champion of Telara

Hey wait.....

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Of course, when I say FPS, I means old 90's FPS, not CoD 439903 on Xbox.
    I am talking about "modern" FPS. Even Tribes, one of my all time faves had objectives, but the newer generation of FPS games have become filled with zerg baby death matches of bunny hoppers with nothing to risk and nothing to gain.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Hahaha too much Liandel rubbing off on you =P is there a dammaz kron add on for rift?
    I taught liandel how to run away from fights and avoid dying! and yes there is it's called Book of the Fallen, works in the same way. Great for **** talking since when someone calls me bad I just look them up in my BoF and find how many more kb's I have on them!

except I play objectives and still top the leaderboard heros

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    except I play objectives and still top the leaderboard heros
    I know, we all have to resign ourselves to losses to match your prowess. You set the bar too high, mate.

Ascendant

Rift Rule Number 1
    Once one achieves a self-perceived high level of skill, one must display their disdain for objectives both in-game and on the game's forums in order to convince others of their skill.

Rift players must adhere to the following rank structure:
    Rank 1: Nobody
    Rank 2: Forum Nobody
    Rank 3: In-game and forum troll
    Rank 4: Self-perceived adept
    Rank 5: Self-perceived Rift God who's skill must be praised by all
    Rank 6: lol objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Rift Rule Number 1
    Once one achieves a self-perceived high level of skill, one must display their disdain for objectives both in-game and on the game's forums in order to convince others of their skill.

Rift players must adhere to the following rank structure:
    Rank 1: Nobody
    Rank 2: Forum Nobody
    Rank 3: In-game and forum troll
    Rank 4: Self-perceived adept
    Rank 5: Self-perceived Rift God who's skill must be praised by all
    Rank 6: lol objectives.
    I feel a couple of the steps were skipped in this case.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast