+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: lol objectives

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Why do people think objectives are pvp?

Clicking on a flag does not make you good at Rift.

Trion needs to award more points for players killed not for "pvp avoided".
    Because if your only/primary way of learning video games was MMOs, objectives ARE PvP. hell it was the first PvP. Take an objective and hold it, capture the flag, keep seiges etc.

Then along came FPS games. The people raised on those don't get that there are different kinds of PvP. That it is not just about mass zerg kills.

So yeah Objectives are PvP.

That said I would not mind having more points award for kills, even a straight up death match WF or CQ IF there was actually a measurable penalty for death. I like that kind of play WHEN there is a risk.

Back in the original betas I was calling for corpse looting, limited respawns in a war front and the like. This then mitigates the "zerg, zerg, zerg, don't think just fast twicth with my key binds" attitude which is gutting PvP and actually makes people think. In the current system more kills makes NO sense because then you enable the "all I have to do is respawn and CHARGE!!!!!!!!"

To me PvP isn't jack without risk. Risk losing the objectives thus lose the match. Risk losing your loot or getting locked out well before the timer because you died to many times. That would be cool. You could even have the loot scale. If your corpse gets picked you lose an item in an ascending order of value with each death.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-21-2014 at 08:01 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    I blow up the guy next to them.
    No you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    No you don't.
    got em !

I'm glad everyone agrees. Hopefully this get fixed in the next patch and points are awarded for players killed not flags clicked.

Remember plebs: lol objectives.

Rift Disciple

Being the best player in Rift (not that this is an accomplishment cause rift) I don't need to spec2win and hide on flags ganking lowbies.

Removing the incentive to avoid pvp by clicking flags would encourage actual pvp and help herd the pugs to one spot in the map so it's easier to farm them.

not sure if serious about being the best player in rift lol

starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

The "fix" is simple, you lose a match you get nothing..nada, zilch, zero.

No XP, no kills credit, no marks, no prestige, nothing. This concept that everyone's a winner even when a loser is what's making MMO's the sad case of little Jimmy feeling all 'special' and has him been a solo hero ignoring objectives.

pretty sure some trion exec is looking at a heatmap of all the battles in each map, nodding his approval at the amount of success his objectives have created.

Telaran

but if you got rid of objectives players like Dakkota and Kronos would never win warfronts

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    The "fix" is simple, you lose a match you get nothing..nada, zilch, zero.

No XP, no kills credit, no marks, no prestige, nothing. This concept that everyone's a winner even when a loser is what's making MMO's the sad case of little Jimmy feeling all 'special' and has him been a solo hero ignoring objectives.
    So only people in guild premades would ever progress? BRILLIANT SAYS I!

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    not sure if serious about being the best player in rift lol
    Everything I say on the forums is entirely serious without an element of sarcasm.

Be glad I graced you plebs when I did.

Why do people think objectives are pvp?

Clicking on a flag does not make you good at Rift.

Trion needs to award more points for players killed not for "pvp avoided".
    "i dont do objectives" unless im facing sprawl in which case i will cuz i dont wanna lose
    http://i.imgur.com/6Uk0OA8.jpg
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 06-22-2014 at 05:51 AM.

Objectives are, to me, simply about positioning. Take WhiteHorse Steppes. The flags spawn in a pattern. You need to fight at the spawns or the other team will take them all. You might win kbs but if you don't know to fight where the flags are you will lose the match. I think they promote PvP in WFs by setting a place where you must, or should, go. CODEX is the exception of course. There, everybody knows by now that the Vault is AUTOWIN.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

It's all preference, whatever floats your boat. In my experience players who enjoy PvP don't always say a whole lot, they just do their thing. A lot of very good PvPers have never posted on any forum and you never see their name in any chat window. Yet if you meet them in solo combat you'll have your hands full, and win or lose there won't be any whisper.
    Last edited by LeCreaux; 06-22-2014 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    "i dont do objectives" unless im facing sprawl in which case i will cuz i dont wanna lose
    http://i.imgur.com/6Uk0OA8.jpg
    I wanted to take more damage to help you out <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast