Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Warfronts have somehow gotten worse

Ascendant

Default Warfronts have somehow gotten worse

http://i.imgur.com/BVCmYZr.png

http://i.imgur.com/U6r3vuK.png

In one of these matches (and others from today) there were multiple occasions where someone is like "GG they have more healers; it's hopeless. AFK."

This person usually has about 10% of my damage.

The question I need to ask: How do these people even drive a car without crashing into pedestrians? How can they possibly be so bad at Rift?

I'm still awaiting SOME implementation of queues based on performance so I don't get stuck with these kids any more.

41 Oracle/31 Druid/4 Inquisitor.

Yes, I'm mad.
    Last edited by Ahov; 06-21-2014 at 11:05 AM.

Apparently a lot of people are having problems with stalemates because a certain healing soul has no cross-healing limitations like every other healing soul does, so now everybody just blames that for their inability to kill people.

Oddly enough I find Warfronts to be better-balanced and more enjoyable than they've been in a long time, maybe since SL release. These are good days to be a Mage.

lol you died.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    lol you died.
    *Golf clap

I find that 90% of the time "They have too many healers" translates to "I do terrible DPS"

http://i.imgur.com/vKvij30.jpg

this was a fun one...two many people just play horrible specs. too many warlord pallys, or cleric tanks. i mean i see the worse specs ever. its shocking too when two good paragons,sins nbs shamans ect ect ect get on 1 target. they melt them like butter.

bad dps is a plague since i started playing again, and it doesnt help that healing is insanely easy
    Last edited by dday; 06-21-2014 at 12:39 PM.

With crosshealing being a bigger problem then before its just putting a larger emphasis on objective caps.

Warfronts used to be based more on whoever has more overwhelming damage tied with the ability to cause more respawns and less enemy players on the map.

Last night I logged in for a warfront and me and another rogue did some serious healing. There was very few deaths and we were even against a hello kitty premade with decent damage.

They simply played the objectives and won.

The first person to complain 9/10 times is one of the worst performers on the team. And they usually can go a full warfront without even one objective cap attempt.

Usually the same person is nerding out on the healer whilst completely ignoring the fang carrier taking 20k fang damage ticks.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/BVCmYZr.png

http://i.imgur.com/U6r3vuK.png

In one of these matches (and others from today) there were multiple occasions where someone is like "GG they have more healers; it's hopeless. AFK."

This person usually has about 10% of my damage.

The question I need to ask: How do these people even drive a car without crashing into pedestrians? How can they possibly be so bad at Rift?

I'm still awaiting SOME implementation of queues based on performance so I don't get stuck with these kids any more.

41 Oracle/31 Druid/4 Inquisitor.

Yes, I'm mad.
    where's the one where you got lucky to be on my team? freelancer warrior op
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 06-21-2014 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    With crosshealing being a bigger problem then before its just putting a larger emphasis on objective caps.

Warfronts used to be based more on whoever has more overwhelming damage tied with the ability to cause more respawns and less enemy players on the map.

Last night I logged in for a warfront and me and another rogue did some serious healing. There was very few deaths and we were even against a hello kitty premade with decent damage.

They simply played the objectives and won.

The first person to complain 9/10 times is one of the worst performers on the team. And they usually can go a full warfront without even one objective cap attempt.

Usually the same person is nerding out on the healer whilst completely ignoring the fang carrier taking 20k fang damage ticks.
    Maybe cause what you described is very boring play.

Im not a big onbjective fan but I still need to hit r80 so wins are important to me :P

Boring or not, unless trion fixes crosshealing... objectives are what we are stuck playing.

I think they have this idea that the new healing souls are going to be less played in the future. As long as physician stays as easy to play and strong there will always be more healers then before per team.

Remember when they tweaked valor and vengence a while back? The average warfront back then didnt have nearly as many healers. They tested those changes on live servers before every class could heal. We are still playing with those ratios just with more healers. And now we are running into our current problem.

Like I said in the thread I created. The system needs an update with significantly more healing options in the game.

But Trion hasnt acknowledged anything so far so im not holding my breath.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 06-21-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Im not a big onbjective fan but I still need to hit r80 so wins are important to me :P

Boring or not, unless trion fixes crosshealing... objectives are what we are stuck playing.

I think they have this idea that the new healing souls are going to be less played in the future. As long as physician stays as easy to play and strong there will always be more healers then before per team.

Remember when they tweaked valor and vengence a while back? The average warfront back then didnt have nearly as many healers. They tested those changes on live servers before every class could heal. We are still playing with those ratios just with more healers. And now we are running into our current problem.

Like I said in the thread I created. The system needs an update with significantly more healing options in the game.

lol objectives.

the problem is it's way easier to cross heal than it is to assist dps. especially melee. hence why bad healers are better than bad dps.

i think the healing to dps ratio is balanced if people all played correctly. st dps is very strong still and dom is as powerful as ever. the problem is when you dont have a dom and instead have a mage tank. people are just bad and you cant change a game based on bad play.

the only thing you can do is match make better which is what i have been saying for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    the problem is it's way easier to cross heal than it is to assist dps. especially melee. hence why bad healers are better than bad dps.

i think the healing to dps ratio is balanced if people all played correctly. st dps is very strong still and dom is as powerful as ever. the problem is when you dont have a dom and instead have a mage tank. people are just bad and you cant change a game based on bad play.

the only thing you can do is match make better which is what i have been saying for over a year.
    Like I said last night me, a sent, and another rogue where keeping people alive through relic geared dps focus fire while taking damage ourselves.

I agree crosshealing is effortless compared to focus fire and that it does play a role in the problem, but you will never EVER get a group of pug dps to focus fire enough to make a difference in crosshealing. Nothing will ever change that. Marks, macros, nothing.

I have suggested active single target healing taken debuffs, warfront role locks, diminishing returns over time without kills, interupts that actually make a difference, etc etc. Fixes that Trion actually can control.

Unfortunately they cant control the dps who ignore the giant green plus signs walking circles around them.

i havn't had a single warfront where i am playing dps where there is too much healing to get a kill, did a few last night against teams with 5+ healers and atleast 2 of them being physicians, never had a problem getting people down, it may have taken a minute or two but people did die.

healing isn't the problem, bad dps is.

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post

healing isn't the problem, bad dps is.
    Easy healing is a problem.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast