+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Whitefall Stalemates

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    My suggestion is to have the first stone spawn at one of the far outside spawn points on the ice river. This should break up the healing zerg much earlier and make for a better match.
    Or even have both the outside stones spawn simultaneously at the start to break things up.

Shadowlander

I entered a whitefall last night as a dom, saw that we had a couple of doms and not a lot of dps, so I switched to pyro. Due to the healing, it was a stalemate for a while and no one got the stone. I got bored, turned around, flickered away and ran until I was out of combat. I then switched to dom, went back and helped lock down the healers. We ended up pushing them back, sequentially getting the stones, and winning the game. Healers can be countered, just gotta play smart!
    Rumplehealskin
    Getatmecuz
    I see some ladies that should be having my baby

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Let's be honest, DPS didn't all the sudden just get terrible on the PuG side. It's fallen off a cliff because of the healing changes back in March and the new healing souls.

Can DPS still beat healing with expert coordination, perfect ability timing, and well organizaed focus fire? Of course, but healing is as tough as managing some cooldowns and watching frames. There is a huge skill gap in what is needed to heal well versus what is needed to DPS well. And that has pretty much killed PuG DPS.
    The problem is all the DPS in BG and Whitefail have decided to just AoE the stone/fang. It isn't necessarily the over healing now, it's nobody is doing ST damage.
    Last edited by -Shiva-; 06-20-2014 at 11:50 AM.

Ok. I am so confused right now. I can't even understand half the terms.

Enlighten me on what these abbreviations mean:

dom = ?
    ST = ?
    BG = ?
    PM = ?
    PuG = ? (I know it's a certain type of raid group, but I don't know what the letters stand for)
    TTK = ?
    CP = ?

All of these abbreviations are found in this thread. Enlighten me on these. I apologize, but I am not as..."gamey" as you are (yeah, I likely made that word up). Thank you.

Shedelin

Quote Originally Posted by Shedelin View Post
    Ok. I am so confused right now. I can't even understand half the terms.

Enlighten me on what these abbreviations mean:

dom = ?
    ST = ?
    BG = ?
    PM = ?
    PuG = ? (I know it's a certain type of raid group, but I don't know what the letters stand for)
    TTK = ?
    CP = ?

All of these abbreviations are found in this thread. Enlighten me on these. I apologize, but I am not as..."gamey" as you are (yeah, I likely made that word up). Thank you.

Shedelin
    Dom=Dominator
    ST=Single Target
    BG=Black Garden
    PM=Premade
    PuG=Pick up Group
    TTK=Time to Kill
    CP=Crit Power

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post
    Thank you Captain Obvious.
    Remember with super powers come super responsibilities...

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    The problem is all the DPS in BG and Whitefail have decided to just AoE the stone/fang. It isn't necessarily the over healing now, it's nobody is doing ST damage.

This. I love Whitefall, but the idea of AOE'ing the fang instead of, oh I don't know, actually killing the other team to drive them back is ridiculous, but common. This is pvp, not a dps race on an objective.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Ascendant

Imo if objectives arent touched for more than 5min there should be more objectives spawning in random places. This will force ppl to split up and fight in different places instead of zerging one spot over and over again.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by -Shiva- View Post
    based on my observations approx. 80% of mages believe fire storm is a single-target ability

my favs are the doms spamming malevolent bolt though, the people that SHOULD be using AOE abilities

Rift is like a beloved grandparent who is falling into dementia but the family is in denial about how bad it is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Pull, focus fire, gg.

I was in a Whitefall the other day with notable players, both dps and heals, that knew how to play (PM on both sides). My side had main physician healers, the other side had just two good physician healers and one derpy one (keep in mind this was 2 PM's and there is a reason both had these healers). Also keep in mind there was very good dps on both sides that knew how to focus fire, CC, pull, etc...

Top killer was violyne at 6-he's usually way up there (I've seen him through several wf's and try to beat him in kills myself). I think he got most his kills when I went NB and pushed the middle and caused one physician to fall back (Only got 3 kills the entire match by quick switching targets-physicians were impossible to kill by experienced, great dps). The bouncing of hp from next to nothing to max full was ridiculous as well as absorbs added into the litter.

Lets just say in the end I stole some stones since the actual battle of "pvp" wasn't in the middle but rather it was regulated to a heal wars where the best tactic was to steal the stones, keep one, and grab the others as they spawned.

Boring, dumb, and only took a couple healers to create this mess, albeit good healers, but the point is despite good dps its not "balanced". And yes, certain souls are more of a problem then others making it easier to create superbly boring wfs. This has been a trend for a while now, not the only poster to keep remarking on the healing issues.

That is not to say nerf healing as a whole. I'm firmly in the belief it is certain souls that are pushing us into the horrible ttk issue, and those need looked at. As many have mentioned this is a team wf and so individually 1v1 is not to be taken into account but rather the synergy of how certain souls can continue to output constantly with no starving would then be taken into account since just one other healer can help you survive, apparently, through good focused dps. There is no other way to put it. Everyone keeps arguing but everyone keeps seeing this healfest continue, and its NOT due to large number of healers always but just a few, indicating an issue.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-21-2014 at 10:43 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    it is because if you have 12 dps and 3 healers on each team you wont have a stalemate and the team with more organized dps will win. if you have 6 healers on each team you will have a stalemate unless one team has a PM or all geared out dps, because cross healing without significant pressure is the easiest thing to do in this game
    Not true. I'll have to disagree.

See my other post containing two PMs with just a few healers. I do believe there were no more then 3 on both sides with 2 being the only main heals, coordinated, GOOD dps. It was a complete stalemate in whitefall.

Normally yes you have bad, clueless dps or overkill on heals, but when you get down to it, skill for skill, the healers are winning out even with a smart team, focus fire, and CC.

Why? Ever been squirreled when you were juuuust about to finally kill someone on the other team? Or energy drained, pulled, suddenly stunned, pushed, pulled and everything else because you were about to kill someone? Yes people, CC works against dps as well as for them, equally so.

This DOES happen in an organized team. Good luck killing that healer or most anyone else when you get insta squirreled or any of the above CC just as your pressure was about to kill them. 1 sec later-full health on that warlord.

Certain areas you can't gank either because both sides ARE actually playing safety play meaning all grouped. As dumb as it is, its best to let them grab a stone and simply go steal it. This is a go to method due to the constant, continuous imbalance certain healing souls have created and are continuing to create.

Who kept saying, "just wait, itll die down?" Oh yea, tons of you. LOL. Its the souls people.

Ascendant

Whitefall is faceroll map get some more aoe purges and you'll ****, since most ppl stick close to each other at middle.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Whitefall is faceroll map get some more aoe purges and you'll ****, since most ppl stick close to each other at middle.
    Once again, I can't force other people to play certain classes.

Rift Disciple

I'm getting pretty sick of stone carriers picking it up and not turning it in for ... 14:30 minutes; yes I'm complaining about my own teammates. Looting it before they do isn't always possible. Put a *strong* debuff after so long or something?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2