+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Allowing Alerts add ons in PvP seems kind of ghetto to me

Champion of Telara

Default Allowing Alerts add ons in PvP seems kind of ghetto to me

I can't think of a single good justification for this in PvP. It is pretty much a replacement for skilled play.

Too many buffs/debuffs in this game for how fast the pvp is (pre physician).

Ideally, you should just be able to rely upon the stupidity of others. For example, I've seen folks with /yell macros announcing the target of their large and imminently purgeable cooldowns.

Literal facepalm.

Ascendant

It's good adjustment for casual game like RIFT, bad players would be even worse without it thus more complains about balance.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Ideally, you should just be able to rely upon the stupidity of others. For example, I've seen folks with /yell macros announcing the target of their large and imminently purgeable cooldowns.

Literal facepalm.
    I love people that do that. It gives me a little smile every time i see it.

Yelling purge targets is another one i see around. I even saw a dom yelling every time he squirrelled someone and every time he put TI on someone.

So while the OP looks through 20 icons to find mass betrayal, he should also work on a nerf melee thread, since that's the range he'll be in once he finds his little icon.

Champion of Telara

Yes that seems reasonable to me, if you can't figure it out on your own then you shouldn't be able to counter it.

I'm shocked that this is a real conversation.

#letsallplayblindfoldedforskillprowess

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    I'm shocked that this is a real conversation.

#letsallplayblindfoldedforskillprowess
    If we are going to allow cheat sheets and trophies for participation why not go all the way and implement scripts and reactive macros that check conditions?

I am surprised this doesn't bother more people. To me it's super cheesy. "I am going to derp until my bot tells me it's time to use a skill, basically."
    Last edited by Caeus; 06-19-2014 at 09:52 AM.

If you don't want to utilize Kalerts, then don't. It's really that simple. Players opting to utilize an add-on for whatever purpose isn't "ghetto."

Champion of Telara

Ok, then I should get an add on or feature that let's me disallow my abilities from being reported to KA. That seems fair, then only the people who want to participate have to.

Rift Chaser

Well, it's kind of refreshing to see this. The typical "push more buttons = skill" threads were getting old. Good to see it move on to "no addons = skill"

I still stand by jump 360's, you can even up that higher if you'd like, not sure keyboard turners can even jump 180.

Champion of Telara

Using an add-on to track in combat abilities is less skilled play by definition. Especially when the only justification offered up is "there's too much stuff". It gives a significant advantage to users.

its no surprise you see the most pve baddy noobs with their yell macros on conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Using an add-on to track in combat abilities is less skilled play by definition. Especially when the only justification offered up is "there's too much stuff". It gives a significant advantage to users.
    10/10 would read again.
    Last edited by Riane; 06-19-2014 at 10:43 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast