+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 3v3 Tournament June 28th (3000 plat prize) hosted by <-Godlike Awesomeness->

Default 3v3 Tournament June 28th (3000 plat prize) hosted by <-Godlike Awesomeness->

3v3 Tournament June 28th (3000 plat prize) hosted by <-Godlike Awesomeness->-sandbox-arena.jpg
    Where: Sandbox Arena
    When: Saturday June 28th 6:30 PM Server Time.
    Coverage: http://www.twitch.tv/grimgamertv/

Prizes:

1st place: 3000 plat (1000 per player), and one REX per player.

2nd place: 1200 plat ( 400 per player), and one REX per player.

3rd place: 300 plat (100 per player), and one REX per player.

Entry prize: one depleted supply crate per player.

Rules/ Format:
    There will be 8 teams, playoff style (every series between each team will be the best 3 out of 5 games). There will be a bracket posted when all of the teams have been entered. There will also be a 3rd place game.

1. All classes, souls and specs are legal.

2. All gear is legal.

3. All consumables are legal.

4. We will wait for up to two min for CD's to be ready per match.

5. Jumping out or leaving the arena during a match will result in a loss of the match for your team (if you happen to be feared or CC'd out of the arena you have 10 seconds to reenter). Trying to keep players from coming back into the arena is a DQ.

6. Soul Walk is not allowed.

7. No running back into the active match if you have been killed.

8. Battle Rez is legal.

9. Only 1 healer allowed per team due to time constraints.

10. Using Jete's Bouncemaster 5000 is a DQ.

11. Disconnects are unfortunate, but there will be no match redo's if a player D/C's during an active game.

12. If a match in a series goes over 8 minutes and neither team was annihilated, the team with the most deaths loses.

13. If a match in a series goes over 8 minutes and each team had no deaths (or the same amount of deaths), it will be called a stalemate (1-1); if the next match in the series is called a stalemate it will go (2-2). If the last match in the series is called a stalemate, there will be a tiebreaker game; both teams cannot have any healers.

14. No dueling inside the dimension due to a rez bug: if you are flagged for a faction in a PvP dimension AND in a duel, then your respawn will be automatic like a duel; however, you will respawn at the location set by your faction and not where you die (like a normal duel). Players cannot do both simultaneously in a PvP dimension currently.

More info on rules/format

We are also working on future 5v5 EU and NA events, so stay tuned!

Player Tournament Rankings

Need 5 more teams! Post below or send me a tell in game: Aloegel@Deepwood
    Last edited by Aloegel; 06-18-2014 at 10:39 PM.

Rift Disciple

comgrats team cupcakey.

oops too soon.

If only I could get the original rogue army back in full force from 2013. We rolled so hard. Team Dakkota/Veeru/Nintechno. Certified mashers.

But like....2 of those people don't even play the game anymore.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Plane Touched

I thought pve weapons weren't going to be allowed in this one.... not all of us have them, and you can switch in combat. There's a reason as to why nakedstone hits so hard in these tourneys. You get like 30% more dmg..... ban pve weapons if you want a fair playing field.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    I thought pve weapons weren't going to be allowed in this one.... not all of us have them, and you can switch in combat. There's a reason as to why nakedstone hits so hard in these tourneys. You get like 30% more dmg..... ban pve weapons if you want a fair playing field.
    Dont complain, it's almost the same ;)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/F2B0E...us-Great-Sword
    vs
    http://www.riftscene.com/database/it...krakens-spine/

the +500AP proc on crit is hilarious though, since relic physical crit pots give like 1800 of it ;D
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Dont complain, it's almost the same ;)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/F2B0E...us-Great-Sword
    vs
    http://www.riftscene.com/database/it...krakens-spine/

the +500AP proc on crit is hilarious though, since relic physical crit pots give like 1800 of it ;D
    Yea... it's not even close to being fair. Also, the one hander pve weapons are more deadly though, since you retain half the valor you would have lost with a 2 hander. You just use an off hand pvp weapon as a stat stick for valor.
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Pve trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    Yea... it's not even close to being fair. Also, the one hander pve weapons are more deadly though, since you retain half the valor you would have lost with a 2 hander. You just use an off hand pvp weapon as a stat stick for valor.
    in warfronts you don't even lose any valor and still gain damage, the problem in warfronts is the weapons are normalized, but weapon dps is not. so you basically get the stats of a freelancer weapon with the dps of a PVE raid weapon, hooray for free ~15% dmg increase to your base damages! oh, and that 500 ap proc is lol.

Rules update: Raid weapons will not be allowed.

Still looking for 5 teams

I know some of you are my friends, but I hope ALL of you complaining about pve weapons lose. You guys wouldnt be saying a word if you were as skilled in the pve aspect of this game and therefore had access to the weapons yourselves.

This is coming from someone who doesn't have access to the weapons himself, just to make that very clear.
    Last edited by Moirg; 06-19-2014 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post
    I know some of you are my friends, but I hope ALL of you complaining about pve weapons lose. You guys wouldnt be saying a word if you were as skilled in the pve aspect of this game and therefore had access to the weapons yourselves.

This is coming from someone who doesn't have access to the weapons himself, just to make that very clear.
    any top tier pvp player should have no problem succeeding in pve, it's more of a matter of people not interested in pve don't want to be at a disadvantage when it comes to pvp because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moirg View Post

not sure if srs. Any legit pvper wants an even playing field regardless of what they have access to. and no you dont have access to the weapons but didn't your 5v5 team have access to them? oh right they not only had access to them they actually HAVE them. gg

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    any top tier pvp player should have no problem succeeding in pve, it's more of a matter of people not interested in pve don't want to be at a disadvantage when it comes to pvp because of it.
    I agree with this. It's also, in big part, a time factor. There are too many grinds in this game to get to the "fun stuff".

I like to do wf's, not grind CQ out, do the dailies, and let alone run pve constantly to keep up with BIS for pvp? Added all together that's a lot of non-fun stuff time just to stay on top of the fun stuff time.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If only I could get the original rogue army back in full force from 2013. We rolled so hard. Team Dakkota/Veeru/Nintechno. Certified mashers.

But like....2 of those people don't even play the game anymore.
    I've seen both of them in the past month, at least I "thought" I saw them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast