+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Thread: 3v3 Tournament June 28th (3000 plat prize) hosted by <-Godlike Awesomeness->

Default GG

I admit I didn't play so well ... I didn't really want to play paragon because I probably suck at it seemingly I made it last min for the tourney because warlord was to good in warfronts. It isn't that easy getting used to new buttons and managing new cd's. As much as I wanted to go warlord I couldn't go warlord especially with the gear I had at the time, so I didn't have much of a choice.

By playing the tourney one skill that was particularly important was team coordination. It is embarrassing to say that I have never bothered with a team assist macro and when I wanted to make one at the last minute, it seemed like I couldn't get the right code working; therefore, I left it at that because I had a series of issues. These issues included any improvements to the macros I use for the build, getting vent working at the last hour before the torn (which I couldn't get working at all in the end even though I selected my device I was using at setup!) and grinding a bit more pa/rep for the torn a few days before.

I still see premades in warfronts greatly tarnishing pvp in the game. I would generally see these premades are a particularly bad influence in the games current state (lack of support to be competitive besides these tourneys). However, if there were actual competitive content and fairer matchmaking to support this content; pvp could be a lot more amazing, hence, motivating to play.Pvp should have had inbuilt ventrilo were you had the option to talk (just like in a fps game)

Not to mention, I was amazed at my last minute motivation to grind a bit more gear for the tourney, in the end I managed to get make some slight improvements like 345 cp to 559 or something like that. I know paragon needs all the stats it can get (bet the winners are bis xD)!.

P.S You all know rift is P2W! If I had maxed PA exp and gotten bis gear from these depleted crates with cp/runes and a organized and prepared team, things may have turned out a bit differently. Aside from that fact I look forward to the upcoming release of 3.0, hopefully there will be some better changes then the recent ones.
    Anyway, congrats to the winners and I look forward to the next tournament which I may possibly participate again. Overall the experience was a good and fun one.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

/assist whoever

Probably don't even need the /

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Firebl@de View Post
    lol if thats the case next tourney i'm running 3 * 40/36 sin/phys ...its clearly a dps spec right?? or even better 40/36 rs/phys ...force you to have a match with 0 healers after 3 ties.. (which that spec would be considered as a non healer spec) and the more creative ideas would follow.

How can you guys even justify that anything that high in chloro isn't a healing spec (even if chloro still sucks compared to phys or cleric heals)
    That's pointless, you arent going to kill anybody while you still risk that one of you can get bursted. Even if you rez him you will still lose, because team wtih most deaths loses when time ends.

40 rs / 36 phys is tanky but it's healing power is very poor. Dont forget that hybrid got nerfed (stalker phase doesnt increase healing done anymore) This hybrid can at most get 5sec cd on CT, so you are stuck with AT, UC and finishers for healing each other.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SpellwarriorX View Post

Not to mention, I was amazed at my last minute motivation to grind a bit more gear for the tourney, in the end I managed to get make some slight improvements like 345 cp to 559 or something like that. I know paragon needs all the stats it can get (bet the winners are bis xD)!.

P.S You all know rift is P2W! If I had maxed PA exp and gotten bis gear from these depleted crates with cp/runes and a organized and prepared team, things may have turned out a bit differently. Aside from that fact I look forward to the upcoming release of 3.0, hopefully there will be some better changes then the recent ones.
    Anyway, congrats to the winners and I look forward to the next tournament which I may possibly participate again. Overall the experience was a good and fun one.
    My warrior doesn't have any relics, and still has a few warlord pieces (same with goatyy and that guy is a total baller). Nefy only has like 3 relics. So basically, coordination/strategy > skill/execution > gear.

Also, 3s/5s are just insanely dynamic, you have to come prepared to play many different compositions.

Side note: I look forward to next tourney!
    Nerfshot/Slowshot/Noobshot

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by veeru View Post
    I got screwed over hard in this tourney, but I hope it's a lesson to be learned for the next tournament. I only entered the tournament so I could try to get some plat/rex to buy my friends the new soul bundle. I had intended on using another player's account so that I wouldn't be undergeared compared to everyone else. Instead, I got told the morning of the event that I was no longer allowed to do so due to complaints from other participants in the tournmanet. So, here I am stuck with 0 cq power, a few pieces of warlord gear/freelancer essences, 1 or 2 pvp runes, and not a single relic item. I was already gimped going into the tourney as a dps. Sure, I had some crit power (800 or so), but that's still not high enough, and I lost whatever amount of decent AP i had to try and gain that CP just so i could do some decent burst damage.

Instead of arguing about this, I just accepted it and went on with the tourney. Aloegel and Caellia were nice enough to at least give me a chance to participate, so I just dealt with it. Well, it turns out that I got screwed over again because a 37 point chloro/dom and a 61 physician are allowed on the same team lol. It's impossible for heartattack and I to kill two healers (I say two because fast cast chlorodom healing is the equivalent of a normal healer itself). There was no way we could've possible killed them because of my gear relative to them. Sure, heartattack could go bm, but that doesn't even ensure that I could kill them because i couldn't do any burst dps with the gear i had. Not even a bard would save us there. It was already a forfeit at that point. I wanted to go physician to counter their comp because they just slowly drain mana bars (which is what they did to pompeezy and tyaus), but guess what? I have no physician soul or physician synergy crystal on my account. So yeah, it was gg at that point. The clerics would die a slow death no matter what, while the other team lived through our damage with 2 healers.

The rules need to be more well thought out and enforced for the next tourney. I'm not upset over what happened. It's just a video game after all. Luckily, Caellia and Aloegel were generous enough to give my friends the new soul bundles along with other gifts, even though they barely know me. I can't thank them enough for that. They truly are the nicest people I've ever met in any gaming community. I hope they receive something in return for everything they've done for the community because they really do deserve it. Anyways, thanks again for giving me the chance to participate. I played very rusty for being gone for so many months .
    so to sum it up

you didn't grind gear or CQ power that others did to compete

you weren't creative enough to come up with a comp that was completely within the rules

you weren't smart enough to keep your mouth shut about whose account you wanted to enter with

you used s*** souls for damage and are mad that you couldn't kill anything

and now that you're fortunate enough to get the souls given to you for nothing, you're complaining, yeah really sounds like you got screwed to me

Quote Originally Posted by Slowburn View Post
    My warrior doesn't have any relics, and still has a few warlord pieces (same with goatyy and that guy is a total baller). Nefy only has like 3 relics. So basically, coordination/strategy > skill/execution > gear.

Also, 3s/5s are just insanely dynamic, you have to come prepared to play many different compositions.

Side note: I look forward to next tourney!
    everyone can be dynamic cept for the mages =P
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Otts View Post
    That's pointless, you arent going to kill anybody while you still risk that one of you can get bursted. Even if you rez him you will still lose, because team wtih most deaths loses when time ends.

40 rs / 36 phys is tanky but it's healing power is very poor. Dont forget that hybrid got nerfed (stalker phase doesnt increase healing done anymore) This hybrid can at most get 5sec cd on CT, so you are stuck with AT, UC and finishers for healing each other.

with mem capture as a cc breaker and well over 40k hp with the rs shields and phys shields you wont get anyone bursted down (unless all 3 players derp). 36 phys still heals well enough. infact i'm pretty sure gankt (or dualla) ran 44/32 phystalker. i saw the mem capture there. if it was that easy to burst one down, naked/goaty could have done that. I ran this spec from the 2nd day phys soul was out.

The point is 3 * phystalkers with cross heals, mobility, 3 cc breakers one of which is a mem capture, dmg reductions, and rift prisons you wont kill anyone. and if someone is taking heavy dmg, ill use the 50% link from rs. since this isn't considered a healing spec you can use it after the 3rd tie as well.

Bottom-line is although the players playing in the tourney played very well - chlorodom as a secondary support healer should not have been allowed in this.
    Last edited by Firebl@de; 06-30-2014 at 02:34 AM.

Rift Disciple

why was chloro/dom even allowed to enter? sounds to me like stacking a phy and a 37 point chloro is a cheesy, bs way to win.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    why was chloro/dom even allowed to enter? sounds to me like stacking a phy and a 37 point chloro is a cheesy, bs way to win.
    Because they didnt put more than 38 points in chloro. Any spec that gets a B-res, hybrid or not is a healer. Getting a spamable heal, B-res and full heal is a healer. I get it was within the rules that were set out but its bending them so far they become a curve.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

Quote Originally Posted by Devaak View Post
    Because they didnt put more than 38 points in chloro. Any spec that gets a B-res, hybrid or not is a healer. Getting a spamable heal, B-res and full heal is a healer. I get it was within the rules that were set out but its bending them so far they become a curve.
    that is how competitive pvp works in its infancy with a game, it's not about skill or team work it's about finding the cheesiest comp you can and playing that until it is nerfed. only thing is rift never has and never will be balanced around 3v3 or 5v5 so cheesy comps will remain cheesy. that's how wow arenas started out, gw1, gw2, etc. but yea spammable purges and un cleansable cc's are all about dat skill.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 06-30-2014 at 03:18 AM.

Ascendant

Every calling except for mage can get a spammable heal with very little investment into a heal spec. Chloro hybrids are pretty useless without the spammable heal and need to invest more.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 06-30-2014 at 03:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Every calling except for mage can get a spammable heal with very little investment into a heal spec. Chloro hybrids are pretty useless without the spammable heal and need to invest more.
    How far into chloro would you have to go before you considered it a healing class? Chloro hybrids do have to go further into their tree but they were never designed around spammable ST heals. The rules had one healer per team, we were discussing whether having the spammable heal, b-res and full heal classed you as a healer even if you didnt have 38 points in the spec.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

This game has trouble with comprehending rules (see lol pve objecticve threads and "terrain exploits" aka, creative jumping) I see. Everyone is debating logistics of what is and isn't a healer. But the fact is, everyone read the same rules, and had equal access to any comp that fit within the rules. Hate to say it, but sometimes staying an inch within the rules lets you pull some stuff people would argue you should't. Easy example, I did fine in highschool and when senior year came, I got the habit in me to skip class. Well eventually I just checked my transcripts and realized I could actually flat out fail a few classes and still graduate perfectly fine. One class I racked up over 40 absences in. The point is, I skating by my graduation by the bare minimum rules to create a picture where I could get all F's a couple semesters, skip class freely, and still walk out of there in the summer with a HS diploma. I hate to say it, but, sometimes it's the more creative/dirty thinkers that pull ahead because they are sometimes willing to take absurdity to the brink of its legitimacy.

So yes, you can argue all day long what hybrids are and are not healers. The rules were clear. It said X amount of points. We all know there isn't a magical number that all of a sudden makes you a healer/non healer - there is a blurred line. Nobody broke any rules, they played within them as cunningly as you could. It's why I wanted to form a team with a bard. Because a 61bard has good buffs/CC mechanics, but it's a 61 support soul with spot heals and overall healing. I wanted to do this because I knew it would be like allowing a semi healer in a game that is only suppose to have 1 (pure) healer. But I was not the mastermind creator of my teams, just helping some people out who wanted to participate.

We all had the same rules given to us, and we all had clear drawn line of what breaking the rule would be. If you want to let ethics and logistics get in the way of a tournaments rules, that is why good guys finish last. In a tournament or game, you play 100% by the rules. If the rules allow it, don't question it. Do it, and the organizers will make a choice in the future if they feel they need to amend their rules to be more strict. But rules are rules and once the game is going - just follow the rules. Simple as that. No winners broke any rules. Fair game, fair win.

I've been doing this online team vs team competing since I was a pre-teen. I hate to say but, it just has never ceased. Every death sometimes has a story. I merely pointed out a few things my team had against us. But I won't go on a tirade about how we didn't practice a lot before, our main lifeline was sort of in Veeru's position with lower gear. It's just excuses. My team lost the first round, end of story. No need in making a novel out of why we lost, even if one could be written. I think we all had fun so, I can walk away from it feeling good enough. I found I enjoyed it much more when it took it far less serious (not to say when I'm not serious I don't try , I just receive the results with a different perspective).

And ps to veeru - things have changed a lot since you been gone. I truly hate to say it but, those specs you were playing have gone utterly down the drain - they aren't what they were in 2013. A voice in the back of my head told me even though you are a great player, a 3 v 3 with such a poor weak link spec is nearly team suicide. Even if you had my gear, which sounds like what you were wishing for, those mm/ranger hybrid specs just hit like butt. Unless things swing back in the direction of Rogue ranged being very powerful, right now our niche for this stuff is being a rough melee that can drain. NB and Sin are probably our king specs right now (BD rocks CC hard but, I don't think they are a small scale fighter). 61mm could probably be fine in a 5 v 5 if the other DPS is good. But you are better off making a melee with the 12bd interrupt and giving up the purge for having real dps. Cause right now, even if you choose MM, going 61 is better than the hybrid in pvp. And now that I have a healer I can frequent on...MM damage is just pathetic these days in any form. It doesn't hurt anymore. All it does is make existing trains move faster. But it's the caboose for sure.

Just my 2c.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Devaak View Post
    How far into chloro would you have to go before you considered it a healing class? Chloro hybrids do have to go further into their tree but they were never designed around spammable ST heals. The rules had one healer per team, we were discussing whether having the spammable heal, b-res and full heal classed you as a healer even if you didnt have 38 points in the spec.
    I consider it a support role and don't see the issue with allowing it in 3v3 games. Its primary job is to control the other team and reduce their healing/damage output by hard CC and resource denial. It does have fairly significant off-heals, but doing this requires using the stun or transmog to proc the hastened casts. The immunity granted by transmog is 8 seconds, so there are drawbacks to using it- particularly if someone wants to burst when they realize they have immunity to debil. The healing output using natural healing isn't close to what 61pt ST healing souls are capable of though.

edit: About 51 chloro is what I would consider a healing role as that is when it begins to become an effective healer.
    Last edited by Tookmyjob; 06-30-2014 at 04:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    that is how competitive pvp works in its infancy with a game, it's not about skill or team work it's about finding the cheesiest comp you can and playing that until it is nerfed. only thing is rift never has and never will be balanced around 3v3 or 5v5 so cheesy comps will remain cheesy. that's how wow arenas started out, gw1, gw2, etc. but yea spammable purges and un cleansable cc's are all about dat skill.
    spammable purges are dumb, but there are plenty of comps that people could of rolled with. there is still plenty of skill in small scale pvp, more so than any other form of pvp in this game. The key to being a good player is knowing counters to specs and comps and knowing when to play them. too many people know how to play one spec/comp and only one spec/comp and IMO that doesnt make them a good player.

i would nerf bm and archon and give out more purges to other souls. would make the game much better IMO

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast