+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 7 Post By RainDogs
  • 1 Post By xamen

Thread: What was your best Warfront or CQ Match ever?

Default What was your best Warfront or CQ Match ever?

I just came out of a Conquest Match all hyped up. Why? Read on and you'll find out.

All match long, the Dominion, led by 5 guild members of the guild Hello Kitty, was leading and it looked like they were gonna cruise out of Stillmoor with a victory in their pockets, which Hello Kitty is known for (Predict, a member of that guild, is a absolute beast at Conquest, and I personally cringe every time I have to face him). But, as soon as the 5 minute timer started, they started to crumble.

My team, the Oathsworn, seized the opportunity, and we took 3 extractors in succession, finally arriving at Dark Passage only to see we had a little resistance facing us. However, the Hello Kitty guild also sent a force to take Hillscrest and snatch the victory back out of our hands.

It looked like they would succeed...and with 10 seconds left, the score was Dominion 33%, Oathsworn 33%, Nightfall 16%. My heart rate had jumped to 160, according to my heart rate monitor (I like to exercise when I'm not playing Rift), and with 2 seconds left, the Oathsworn took an extractor, making it Oathsworn 38%, Dominion 33%, Nightfall 16%. I saw the score for a brief second before a message said "Stillmoor has been conquered", then "Oathsworn is victorious!". Everyone on the Oathsworn was celebrating. I leapt out of my chair, knocking my cat out of my lap. I was so busy celebrating, my foot happened to kick my cat right into my dog's face (Hey, before you say anything, my cat is not supposed to be in the computer room). Still, we snatched the victory at the last second, taking the saying "At the last second..." to the extreme. As a teammate said, "Photo finish victory."

Anyway, it's been 45 minutes, and my heart rate still hasn't gone below 150 (don't worry, if I had a heart attack, I'd be in the hospital by now).

What about you? What was your best CQ Match ever? Also, can anyone top my photo finish victory with your own experience? I want to hear it!

I was in my grandmother's basement and I had just used my unemployment/disability check on 10 pvp boxes. I managed to score the trinket and I q'd up for a wf. I spotted aveleys solo which is a 1/1000 chance. As my hands were sweating and my heart topped out at 250 (i'm fat and I do not exercise) I see aveleys behind 9 other players. I creep up slowly and manage to get 2 hits on aveleys. He kites all the way back to his spawn point with me giving chase. Just when I think i may get a third hit on ave, 8 players respawn and kill me. I jump off my bean bag chair spilling 2 day old piss bottles mixed with red bull all over my keyboard.

Just then i pop my battle dye and a message that says "you win rift" pops up on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    I was in my grandmother's basement and I had just used my unemployment/disability check on 10 pvp boxes. I managed to score the trinket and I q'd up for a wf. I spotted aveleys solo which is a 1/1000 chance. As my hands were sweating and my heart topped out at 250 (i'm fat and I do not exercise) I see aveleys behind 9 other players. I creep up slowly and manage to get 2 hits on aveleys. He kites all the way back to his spawn point with me giving chase. Just when I think i may get a third hit on ave, 8 players respawn and kill me. I jump off my bean bag chair spilling 2 day old piss bottles mixed with red bull all over my keyboard.

Just then i pop my battle dye and a message that says "you win rift" pops up on my screen.
    You and the OP should be friends.

Ascendant

The codex where the final tick brought the score to 1001-1000

Or the other codex where our team controlled 3/4 with one contested but someone died and gave the other team the final 2 points with about a second left on the next tick.

One that stands out, when I was playing last year with Pridy (I swear I will make her come back!), we got into a KR game where our team was down. Other team was low 500's, our team was double digits. We managed to turn the game around though and hit 1000 while the other team lost with around 900 some points. Insane comeback.

Been some pretty good base steal games too, tedious stone stealing and running.

I have fun swinging around some big damage and getting some KO's, but those are the more thrilling moments.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-18-2014 at 12:00 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

That time when someone announced in lvl 60 chat that CQ timer had just started. I went to the bathroom, got a drink, then came back and joined just in time for my team to win. I claimed my 100 infinity stones from the chest and exited. Best CQ ever.

This Just In:

Heart rate finally went down to "normal" heart rate, which is 90. I put "normal" in quotations because...well, I'm always hyper (think a 7-year old kid in a teenager's body).

Anyway, going back to Dakkota...insane comeback? Maybe. Other team total jerks for not finishing the job? Without doubt.

Also, I just determined I cannot kill a player to save my life. Just lost Codex match, but that was because there was no apparent leadership (and the fact I kept getting killed even when facing people solo).
    Last edited by Shedelin; 06-18-2014 at 12:47 PM.

Best? Meh... those come and go since I'm such a casual player.

Favorite? Here's a classic:

What was your best Warfront or CQ Match ever?-crtbw.jpg

Battle for port scion.

We had been losing the whole game. I was a merc for the other team. We lost the bridge right in the beginning. Then after the score was 950 to 940 their advantage. I capped the bridge and we ended up pushing them back from church and ended up winning the game. It was simple amazing.

My favorite was a Whitefall Steppes match where we were out-matched for the most part but both sides kept stealing and re-stealing stones. Different players switched roles every now and then depending on the situation - both sides got their kills, re-takes and steals and it was overall quite intense till the last few seconds.

I enjoy matches where I'm not just in the middle healing or DPSing the entire time. Matches where I'm forced to run from one flag to the next with runspeed to get a clutch save on someone dying to a sin at an adjacent flag because we don't have enough heals to cover multiple areas, then being able to run back to the main group and just manage to keep them up - or having to kill thieves, then steal stones and fend off those trying to kill me are the most fun. Get the adrenaline pumping.

103-0

Was port scion

Back when you could double tap dev shadows as warlock.

Litterally just stood on bridge gy and instantly killed everyone who rezzed.

Also had a 82-0 port scion when you could 1 shot people as stormcaller. Fun times <3
    Last edited by Thedarkside; 06-18-2014 at 02:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread