+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I can't wait

Dyes were added to replace world pvp...

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    25 credits my spaceman! That is a small price to pay for Battle Dye War Paint.
    25 credits per match x 20 matches a day = 500 credits per day = 15,000 credits per month

That's almost $100 PER MONTH to dye your character a different color.

Doesn't sound like a very appealing deal to me. More like an attempt to squeeze more cash from the pockets of the PVPers.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

guys this thread is becoming a little too negative for me. Just a reminder to keep comments constructive. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    The game is becoming devoid of free QoL features and raw gameplay demand.
    Aside from the new macro UI, which is a massive improvement over the old one, and the upcoming auction house revamp, and the new, easier anchoring system, and all of the other free QoL fixes?

Ascendant

Wait, are these actually consumable? I assumed they would be a multiple use clicky for like 500 credits for the full set.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Wait, are these actually consumable? I assumed they would be a multiple use clicky for like 500 credits for the full set.
    Look folks, Trion is doing us a favor by letting the dye last through death.

Quote Originally Posted by RainDogs View Post
    25 credits my spaceman! That is a small price to pay for Battle Dye War Paint.
    Well if we're going to have war paint... I want face paint! Woo Woo!

No, body paint yeah!
    Last edited by Nuuli; 06-18-2014 at 11:53 AM.

people.will buy just like people pay plat for artifacts that serve no purpose or mounts or skins or dimensions
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 06-18-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Aside from the new macro UI, which is a massive improvement over the old one, and the upcoming auction house revamp, and the new, easier anchoring system, and all of the other free QoL fixes?
    Key word: becoming.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Doesn't sound like a very appealing deal to me. More like an attempt to squeeze more cash from the pockets of the PVPers.
    I'm just lost as to how Trion could come up with this.
    I mean, who is the target audience - players who can't math or have short attention spans that want a different color for every warfront match they go into?

Say you go into a match, consume one of these Battle Dyes and the match ends a few seconds after count-down because one team has a lack of numbers. Do you get a refund? You'd look pretty silly then, sporting your temporary dyes in the spawn area.

If they were going to go this route it would have been at least a little better if it was a one-week or one-month-long type deal and used rare dyes you can only get for a limited time every now and then - stuff like the Exceptionally Dyes (outside Black and White that can be gained via recipe). That way those who like to change their dye scheme on their outfits have something that may be cheaper than completely re-dying their costumes every other week.

If the names are the proper dye names then most of these Battle Dye combinations use dyes you can buy for 4 silver. Adding it all up it's 48 silver total cost to fully dye primary and secondary dye slots for the non-black/white/gold dye combinations.

One-match dyes...I can only shake my head at that.
    Last edited by Jonus; 06-18-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ico1 View Post
    Why would you pay actual money for this? Would think this would be a cool free thing...
    Agree with this so much

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Key word: becoming.
    Having QoL fixes that cost credits is not new-- they were doing it from day one of free-to-play.

At the same time, they've continued to offer some free QoL fixes. So, no, "becoming" is not an accurate term.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    I'm just lost as to how Trion could come up with this.
    I mean, who is the target audience - players who can't math or have short attention spans that want a different color for every warfront match they go into?
    My guess is that they're intended for marking teams as different colors in PvP dimensions, although I'd say that's an overly narrow niche-- but then, they do have limited use outside of that, too.

You people are clueless. Obviously new dyes are new pvp content which the community has been asking for.

Duh.

Plane Touched

25 credits = 17-20 plat for an optional cosmetic item. People really need to get a grip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast