+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Should a focused DPS completely neutralize a healer?

Champion of Telara

Default Should a focused DPS completely neutralize a healer?

What I mean is, should they force them to spend all of their time healing themselves rather than supporting the group? I think the answer to this should be 'yes, all other things beign equal', it shouldn't be possible for an equal skilled/geared healer to heal himself through focused single target damage from a pure DPS and still provide healing for his teammates.

There are several healing specs that can definitely still heal others for a decent amount of time while being DPS'd.

If I can lay into a healer they will be healing mostly themselves. They could probably pull off some spot heals to keep near death people alive. But if I am stuck on you and nobody is giving me any issue (doms/DPS putting counter pressure on me) then yeah, it will be mostly a game of the healer healing themselves with spot heals in between my lacks of burst. I haven't taken the NB approach though lately, mostly the sin and BD one.

Sin - steady pressure that drains your main resources in a timely manner
    NB - drains some resources, but mostly just has such a crunch window of burst it's best to catch a healer off guard and if not kill them, chunk them down to 25% or less.
    BD - you got 3 highly powerful CC's (BD gaining "debilitate" instead of a "disarm" was amazing) and some wicked burst. (this is the top of the mountain when it comes to a BD, your critical Fated Blades hits. How sexy to drop a crit finisher with a buff stacked QS. BD needs more base crit talents .

Only issue with NB is they don't provide much pressure outside of their CD's. BD's CD's are always up, but you are forced to cycle through one that isn't going to do much ST pressure. Sin is pretty much a plateau of out-put compared to the others with some heavier burst in between due to RNG (3x poison procs/crits)
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-18-2014 at 06:46 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

You mean... Clerics and Phys?
    Because Lib and Chloro will AoE anyway.
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-18-2014 at 06:57 AM.

You're not saying a solo dps should burn down a healer right? because that is not how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

hmm i completely forgot that BD will have a debilitate now instead of a disarm, that is pretty big lol, 2 debilitates in one spec.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    You're not saying a solo dps should burn down a healer right? because that is not how it works.
    Nope, asking if you think balance means they cancel each other out. Basically the DPS can't kill the healer, but the healer can't heal anyone else and still live.

Rift Master

No, a focused DPS should not be able to neutralize a single target healer. If a healer was that easy to take out of the equation, what would be the point of having one?

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    No, a focused DPS should not be able to neutralize a single target healer. If a healer was that easy to take out of the equation, what would be the point of having one?
    Because: the highest ST dps is melee, healers got 35m range. Also it's easier to heal than dps.
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-18-2014 at 01:13 PM.

2 dps should always kill a healer.

And they do.

Except in Rift where no dps actually know how to kill anything.

Ascendant

It's not just about dps but also timing your CC.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

During their burst, yes. But not sustained.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Because: the highest ST dps is melee, healers got 35m range. Also it's easier to heal than dps.
    First, a minor point of fact: Chloro is 30m. Second, if you seriously believe that you're either a Physician or terrible at healing or, more likely, both.

two to three competent dps should easily neutralize the best healer, working as intended. And most dps are pretty horrible, that's why its hard to kill healers in this game, most folks have macros half a page long. That is not very efficient, nor do they even know what a rotation is.
    Last edited by Gunzip; 06-18-2014 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    2 dps should always kill a healer.

And they do.

Except in Rift where no dps actually know how to kill anything.
    I don't necessarily disagree, on either point. But the question being asked is if a single DPS should be able to keep a healer from healing the team.

Maybe the question should be: Should 2 DPS be able to kill a healer if one is Aveleys?. There I made this about you. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

First, a minor point of fact: Chloro is 30m.
    First,
    Chloro Healing spells got 35m range.
    Chloro Damaging spells got 30m range, if you havent speced +5m range.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Second, if you seriously believe that you're either a Physician or terrible at healing or, more likely, both.
    Second,
    Im healing with all 4 classes, including Phys which is indeed easiest.
    Don't remember if people were complaining about my healing.

Now let me explain why healing is easier:
    - Healers usauly doesn't overextend, unlike DPS, which often has to push.
    - It's easier to pick right target to heal than dps in fly. You got lifebars of your team, don't need to look around for low life prey or marked targets etc, you just heal most vaulable ppl over those less vaulable.
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-18-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I don't necessarily disagree, on either point. But the question being asked is if a single DPS should be able to keep a healer from healing the team.

Maybe the question should be: Should 2 DPS be able to kill a healer if one is Aveleys?. There I made this about you. You're welcome.
    Thanks for feeding my endless ego! <3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast