+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why are pvpers scattered all over the shards

Vye
    Rift Disciple

Default Why are pvpers scattered all over the shards

Why not all move to the PvP shard. If all the pvpers did that, i am confident that world pvp would be very active.

Ascendant

You can anchor there any time, and spend the rest of your time being on shards where accomplishing pve is far more convenient.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

The people who only engage in PvP are a tiny tiny minority (this is true of any game with a mix of activities available). Most players who PvP also engage in other aspects of the game. So they might want to raid on a PvE server rather than dealing with open world PvP for example. Or they might want to play with PvE focused friends sometimes, and PvP other times. Or they might spend the majority of their time building up dimensions. To each their own.

Fortunately cross shard tech is pretty integrated into RIFT, so it's much less a barrier than it is in some other games.

I got bored of fighting rogues.

And there is no reason to fight in open world. Zero risk vs reward.

Plus only a foolish team would make shard travel so trivial but give you no bonus to playing on the pvp server... at least while still trying to deny they killed seastone.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-17-2014 at 10:35 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    And there is no reason to fight in open world. Zero risk vs reward.
    You don't have to split rolls, I got my fluffy without a roll off from a pvp rift solo ages ago. You also get more cash per kill for them cheeves. Totally worth it!

No wpvp
    Pvp flag causes issues cross shard
    Can't do cq pms
    No wpvp
    Can't do at pms
    No one wants to be on a server that is considered a bunch of terrible trolls
    Did I mention no wpvp
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Still think it would be neat if dreamorbs enchants could disappeared on death. It could be like crystals from Tera. A pretty casual friendly no so bad reason to die.
    There needs to be some pve factor driving the pvp for it to be sustainable, and coin is always a good one, which always ends up in the economy and even the game shop in some form.

Would be even neater if they dropped on death and were lootable ;)
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-17-2014 at 10:45 AM.

Plane Touched

World PvP is awful anyways, so who wants that? Oh yeah, r90 Assassins in full myrm.

what's the advantage of being a seastone player? only thing it gets you is pvp flagged and getting kicked out of a raid that has players from other shards while you're in anywhere other than tb/sanctum/meridian. so you can't be out gathering mats/tagging events while waiting for the raid to get ready for cq or whatsoever.
    if you want to ocasionally owpvp you can just port over and do that. basically, they made seastone like a toilet. you only go when you need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vye View Post
    Why not all move to the PvP shard. If all the pvpers did that, i am confident that world pvp would be very active.
    If Trion made it Guild vs Guild then it might happen. But at the moment, with it being Guardian vs Defiant, it's better to be on a PvE shard than the PvP one.

Shadowlander

I go where it's necessary to complete my daily pvp kill quest. If you're out there doing pvp quests in the daily area, then you're you're a target. By flagging you're telling me that you want open world pvp and accept the minimal "risk" associated with it.

The daily pvp areas are pretty sparse across all servers. So shard hopping maximizes my playtime.

-Dartain

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    The people who only engage in PvP are a tiny tiny minority (this is true of any game with a mix of activities available). Most players who PvP also engage in other aspects of the game. So they might want to raid on a PvE server rather than dealing with open world PvP for example. Or they might want to play with PvE focused friends sometimes, and PvP other times. Or they might spend the majority of their time building up dimensions. To each their own.

Fortunately cross shard tech is pretty integrated into RIFT, so it's much less a barrier than it is in some other games.

It's only because there are no pvp objectives = no pvp outside of WFs and CQ.

Shield of Telara

its a good idea to have a open world shard where if you kill a player this player can drop 50plat or a good amount of plat / unique pvp artifact / crafting mats/ RIC/ etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    its a good idea to have a open world shard where if you kill a player this player can drop 50plat or a good amount of plat / unique pvp artifact / crafting mats/ RIC/ etc etc
    Marks, I. Stones, plat, pvp runes, 0.001% RiC chance etc... would make sense on PvP shards.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post

I think he was just saying - as you pointed out - many areas of the game are viable aspects to play. It is visibly clear W-PvP has taken a backseat. I think, poorly worded, he meant all the people who do have at least a majority of interest in PvP (enough to the point where W-pvp isn't a bother) that if they actually moved to Seastone, W-PvP might be a viable route of gameplay again. Or at least better. And truly, the logic can be flipped both ways. You can just as easily pop into Seastone to Pvp. And you can just as easily pop out of Seastone to PvE without concern in the world. For some reason I think if Seastone is your native shard, you are more likely to participate in it's world.

I focus on PvP for example (though I play other faucets of the game) but I play on Deepwood. Think his post was directed at people like me. But truly by this logic, if W-pvp was desired, it clearly is out for the taking and anyone can hop into seastone. But...this is where I think the native shard generates more population on that shard rather than relying on cross shard participation.

Either way it is an odd request, everyone has their free will and strings attached that keep them to their servers. And theres no way Trion would really strong arm people into a PvP server. So I don't this train of thought (OP) going far anyway.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-17-2014 at 12:37 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast