+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why combust is cleansable in pvp if its very important for pyro burst

Shield of Telara

Default Why combust is cleansable in pvp if its very important for pyro burst

While Rogues and warrior stack points to use them on their finishers mages have to stack combust on target that can be cleansed very easy. that make very hard to target switch and using fusillade in any player. Fusillade is very important for pyro burst. When you have stack of combust in a target you have to apply it again and again if there is a happy healer cleansing. I don't know why this is happening.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 06-17-2014 at 09:23 AM.

Because mages should be playing dom.

Quote Originally Posted by elfaraon View Post
    While Rogues and warrior stack points to use them on their finishers mages have to stack combust on target that can be cleansed very easy. that make very hard to target switch and using fusillade in any player. Fusillade is very important for pyro burst. When you have stack of combust in a target you have to apply it again and again if there is a happy healer cleansing. I don't know why this is happening.

...so healers cleanse your combust instead of healing and you have problem with it...?

oh look an elfaraon thread. have you considered that maybe this is why combust is being removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    ...so healers cleanse your combust instead of healing and you have problem with it...?
    you realise that cleanses are free instant heals, right?

Shield of Telara

are you real? how much time take to aoe cleanse? 1s or less than that , nobody have to stop healing , have you healed before because if you know how to heal you should be cleansing all the time, and then pyro loss a lot of dps

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Healing numbers on cleanses are hillarious...

Practice dummies do not cleanse. I think you will be much more content with your performance if you go hit one of those for a while.
    Last edited by Stihl; 06-17-2014 at 09:34 AM.

While I understand the importance of combust and the issue with its stacks it is no way comparable to combo points. What a mage compares to combo points is charge. There are temporary buffs and debuffs that these other classes have that can be either cleansed or debuffed so don't feel alone in having to deal with this.

Now if you want to talk about the charge mechanic for mages we can. I think it the worst ability builder I have ever seen. Warriors only have to use a builder three times, and in some cases twice, to get to a finisher. A rogue is 5 times. A mage is forced to do a build type ability 10 times in some cases before it has maxed charge.

And like I said I do know the importance of combust. The difference between a 4 stack and a 5 stack is huge. But even if all of the stacks are removed you have several abilities that places a complete 5 stack on someone in one button.

Saboteurs have a similar problem, all their charges are cleanseable as well, and their charges are a lot of their damage.

are you real? how much time take to aoe cleanse? 1s or less than that , nobody have to stop healing , have you healed before because if you know how to heal you should be cleansing all the time, and then pyro loss a lot of dps
    AoE cleanses got CDs.
    And yes, im healing with all 4 classess.

Shield of Telara

oh look an elfaraon thread. have you considered that maybe this is why combust is being removed?

probably but in the meantime we have to deal with happy healers cleansing a debuff that shouldn't be cleansable at all .

Healing numbers on cleanses are hillarious...
    In excess of 1k if you're a Chloro. That's 1k HPS from spamming your cleanse. It's your only option for healing on the move, too. Sentinel's isn't much worse depending on gear level/spec (though of course it's a bigger healing sacrifice for them).

probably but in the meantime we have to deal with happy healers cleansing a debuff that shouldn't be cleansable at all .
    We've been dealing with it for a year and a half, I think we can take another month or two.

lol who cleanses in wf?

In excess of 1k if you're a Chloro. That's 1k HPS from spamming your cleanse. It's your only option for healing on the move, too. Sentinel's isn't much worse depending on gear level/spec (though of course it's a bigger healing sacrifice for them).
    1k healing / GCD is a joke, sin poisons crit for more, WL does more with reactives etc...
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-17-2014 at 09:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast