+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why combust is cleansable in pvp if its very important for pyro burst

Rift Master

A dot is a dot. I don't understand why it is that some classes dots can be cleansed if not others. Is that another one of those melee>range things? They have to have their dots not be cleansable in order to maintain their superior damage?

Then again, I also don't understand how the cleanses in this game don't have the ability to cleanse everything. Lost count of how many times someone's yelled at my cleric to cleanse something that's uncleansable. In PVE.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    Nothing would be better than seeing all of the Warrior and Rogue tears if their DoTs became cleansable. Especially now with the addition of the new healing and support classes with (AoE)cleanse.
    no problem as long as:

1. it doesnt require combo points or stealth / other specific situations (aka usable only after a dodge or some other stupid thing)
    2. it doesnt have a cd and similar range and dps as mage dots
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

It's not just DOTs you know, it's everything. Rending Slash is cleansable, but Magnify Pain and Enhanced Conductivity aren't. Combust is a passively-applied debuff from Fireballs; it's cleansable, but Serrated Blades isn't.

And why is it fair that charge-consuming DOTs (Defile) and abilities (Arresting Presence) can be cleansed but combo-point consuming ones (Impale, Shock Burst) can't?

Rift Disciple

Nothing would be better than seeing all of the Warrior and Rogue tears if their DoTs became cleansable.
    Me thinks warlock dots becoming uncleansable would be even sweeter.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xeasike View Post
    I'm sure all of the warlocks would appreciate having ~20% of their rotation not go to waste. If there are any in pvp, it's definitely not a spec I see much in warfronts.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I'm sure all of the warlocks would appreciate having ~20% of their rotation not go to waste. If there are any in pvp, it's definitely not a spec I see much in warfronts.
    I changed over to it once when I realised that the enemy team were essentially playing like NPC trash mobs. I wish I had a stormcaller role ready that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeasike View Post
    being able to ae neddras torture would be better =)
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    I use it occasionally it's decent damage but just doesn't stack up to pyro burst or the fact that doms also drain. I tend to use it more in them low population domination matches late at night where dom is no good to try kill anything and pyro is not good cause heaps of 1v1. it's a really good 1v1 spec and you know even if you die you landed enough dots that they will die not long after. Using it in scion is pretty fun too
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-18-2014 at 11:27 PM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

This thread has inspired me to create the following threads:

"Why Debilitating poison is purgeable if its very important for Sin burst"

"Why Stealth can be broken if its very important for rogue burst"

"Why Physician's can't heal"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    no problem as long as:

1. it doesnt require combo points or stealth / other specific situations (aka usable only after a dodge or some other stupid thing)
    2. it doesnt have a cd and similar range and dps as mage dots
    I disagree. For assassin particularly, it's already the best ganking/griefing/point defending/1v1/healer pressure class there is, why does it have to have the best DoTs too?

And you know which soul doesn't fit into those exceptions(except for range)? BM doesn't. If any class shouldn't have cleansable DoTs it should be BM because it needs all the help in PvP it can get.

Ascendant

I disagree. For assassin particularly, it's already the best ganking/griefing/point defending/1v1/healer pressure class there is, why does it have to have the best DoTs too?

And you know which soul doesn't fit into those exceptions(except for range)? BM doesn't. If any class shouldn't have cleansable DoTs it should be BM because it needs all the help in PvP it can get.
    That's your opinion doesnt mean everyone thinks the same. For me Sin is very easy to counter you just need dedicated purger and he loses a lot more than other specs. Also I didnt say "best dots" just equal.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    That's your opinion doesnt mean everyone thinks the same. For me Sin is very easy to counter you just need dedicated purger and he loses a lot more than other specs. Also I didnt say "best dots" just equal.
    It's by default the best DoT class because they're the most damaging that are uncleansable. I've had quite a few battles with a sin where I've killed one and then I just sit there and wait to die because all of the DoTs are still ticking on me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4