+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Why combust is cleansable in pvp if its very important for pyro burst

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    In excess of 1k if you're a Chloro. That's 1k HPS from spamming your cleanse. It's your only option for healing on the move, too. Sentinel's isn't much worse depending on gear level/spec (though of course it's a bigger healing sacrifice for them).
    My cleanses don't heal on my liberator.

Buff Liberator!!!!!!!!!

#rinao

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    While I understand the importance of combust and the issue with its stacks it is no way comparable to combo points. What a mage compares to combo points is charge. There are temporary buffs and debuffs that these other classes have that can be either cleansed or debuffed so don't feel alone in having to deal with this.

Now if you want to talk about the charge mechanic for mages we can. I think it the worst ability builder I have ever seen. Warriors only have to use a builder three times, and in some cases twice, to get to a finisher. A rogue is 5 times. A mage is forced to do a build type ability 10 times in some cases before it has maxed charge.

And like I said I do know the importance of combust. The difference between a 4 stack and a 5 stack is huge. But even if all of the stacks are removed you have several abilities that places a complete 5 stack on someone in one button.
    Throw Warlock on a 61 Pyro build as a sub-soul. 5/5 Magical Affinity. Now, starting at 0% charge, you are 3-4 button presses away from any finisher. Using this in my build, i have never had an issue with charge. (ancient Mage secret)
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    Throw Warlock on a 61 Pyro build as a sub-soul. 5/5 Magical Affinity. Now, starting at 0% charge, you are 3-4 button presses away from any finisher. Using this in my build, i have never had an issue with charge. (ancient Magei secret)
    I learn stuff everyday.

So... this thread compares stacks of Combust to combo points instead of stacks of Fiery Spike or Ebon Blades. Am I to take it that it's a bad analogy competition?

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    So... this thread compares stacks of Combust to combo points instead of stacks of Fiery Spike or Ebon Blades. Am I to take it that it's a bad analogy competition?
    If you thought an Elfaraon thread was going to make sense, you haven't been paying attention.

- Ramsay Bolton
    Last edited by Stihl; 06-17-2014 at 10:16 AM.

Ascendant

The difference between 4 and 5 stack fusillade isn't THAT huge.

And most healers aren't spamming cleanse that often, if you use prime(like you should) there's really no reason you'd land one at less than 4.

why are sin poisons purgeable when it's 90% of our dmg?

Shield of Telara

Also there is a bug that if you use fusillade+ fulminate at the same time fulminate almost do nothing .

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Rift Team

Pretty sure combustion stacks are going away in 2.8. Check the mage forums.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    1k healing / GCD is a joke, sin poisons crit for more, WL does more with reactives etc...
    yeah well, that's chloro for you. what else are you going to do? cast natural healing? lololol, having a mage attack you is the best chance you have at staying alive

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    why are sin poisons purgeable when it's 90% of our dmg?
    Because sins can actually kill things before they get purged.

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    Because sins can actually kill things before they get purged.
    pyro has more burst than sin

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    pyro has more burst than sin
    1. Sustained/Passive damage
    2. Time between GCD's

I think those numbers, while I don't have them memorized, favor Sins. Thus, the reason why you can't 1v1 a sin as a Pyro.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    1. Sustained/Passive damage
    2. Time between GCD's

I think those numbers, while I don't have them memorized, favor Sins. Thus, the reason why you can't 1v1 a sin as a Pyro.
    I think cloak and dagger and the -10% damage poison probably contribute more to that than just a sustained damage comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    yeah well, that's chloro for you. what else are you going to do? cast natural healing? lololol, having a mage attack you is the best chance you have at staying alive

If pyro is aiming at me, then yes, I will launch my shield so he won't burst me down easily and rotate instant heals with NH which isn't that bad option if you run build with opportunity >_>
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-17-2014 at 11:48 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast