+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 28
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nerf mages.... Pyro PVP video Snaggleteeth

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default Nerf mages.... Pyro PVP video Snaggleteeth

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xdI...ature=youtu.be

    I made a video to showcase how ballin Pyro mages are!

  2. #2
    Rift Master Sezex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Yes plz nef pyro so we can ignore it even more at 60.

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Aveleys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,191

    Default

    That was literally painful to watch.

  4. #4
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sezex View Post
    Yes plz nef pyro so we can ignore it even more at 60.
    Pretty much the only reason I top boards on mine. No one cares to acknowledge their existence xD.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    my first reaction was "what the **** are those macros?"

    my second reaction was "oh level 37 *close tab*"

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Pyros are great in PvP most people just aren't good enough to play one well.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Pyro is getting rework anyway, so hopefully scaling will be adjusted for low lvl pvp as well. It happened to Tempest when he was casing problems it may happen to other specs as well.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  8. #8
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    Pyros are great in PvP most people just aren't good enough to play one well.
    That does not apply universally in PvP, put them in a small scale situation and watch them crumble if a sin/wl so much as glances in their direction.

    They are amazing for group play as long as they are ignored or can keep people off of them until they can get peels and sometimes even that is not enough if someone actually deems you a threat.

    It is more the fault of design rather than most simply being bad.
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 06-16-2014 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Clarification.

  9. #9
    Ascendant V1rul3n7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    2,343

    Default

    It's when I see videos like this that I think to myself;

    "Wow this game has some deep fundamental scaling problems"

    There literally has to be something hugely wrong with the way SP/Crit/Ap etc all scale up and all the ability damage tuning in the world is apparently just a bandaid on a festering wound.

    Otherwise all of this random imbalance in different brackets wouldn't exist.

    I mean my mage genuinely feels weaker and weaker the better that my gear gets. And obviously the higher my level gets too.

    So what's the point in leveling up? I should be trying to lose levels and gear not gain.

    Its pretty obvious when it comes to PvE too, if you go and fight some magic monsters at level 5 or so you can see that they freaking HURT, then as you level up they start to get weaker and weaker.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

  10. #10
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jakepepe View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xdI...ature=youtu.be

    I made a video to showcase how ballin Pyro mages are!
    Oh great, another one of these threads. Let me simplify this for the ignorant masses:

    Pyro<lvl 50 =/= Pyro>lvl 50

    Just because you can Flamebolt some scrubs in the WFs before hitting level 50 does not mean you are going to pwn r90 fools in full Myrm at lvl 60. Actually, you won't even be able to kill lvl 60 scrubs in PvE greens before you are pulled and 2 shotted by a Freelancer Warlord or Rogue. And yes, you did waste your time rolling a mage.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by V1rul3n7 View Post
    There literally has to be something hugely wrong with the way SP/Crit/Ap etc all scale up
    No, there literally doesn't. Pyro abilities derive x% of their damage from base ability damage and y% of their damage from Spellpower. Base damage increases with level as the abilities "rank up" (this used to be a purchased thing at the trainer, now they rank up automatically so most people don't even see this). Because Spellpower values are so relatively low at lower levels, the biggest factor in ability damage is going to be skill rank, aka base damage. Since the base damage gradually rises from the lowest point toward the max level rank, base damage goes up a lot, and there is nothing mitigating these increases in PvP because there is no valour.

    This isn't hard.

  12. #12
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    That does not apply universally in PvP, put them in a small scale situation and watch them crumble if a sin/wl so much as glances in their direction.

    They are amazing for group play as long as they are ignored or can keep people off of them until they can get peels and sometimes even that is not enough if someone actually deems you a threat.

    It is more the fault of design rather than most simply being bad.
    I disagree, Pyros have better tools than Inquisitor in their tree for dealing with melee, including a blink, 3 CCs, and a shield. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to escape a melee. Especially because the utility and DPS of the Pyro tree gives you so many options for your off souls.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I disagree, Pyros have better tools than Inquisitor in their tree for dealing with melee, including a blink, 3 CCs, and a shield. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to escape a melee. Especially because the utility and DPS of the Pyro tree gives you so many options for your off souls.
    It depends against which melee you are playing. Inq purge removes 2 buffs so it will be a lot more useful against melees who rely on purgeable self buffs. Inq also get pretty good self heals.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  14. #14
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I disagree, Pyros have better tools than Inquisitor in their tree for dealing with melee, including a blink, 3 CCs, and a shield. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to escape a melee. Especially because the utility and DPS of the Pyro tree gives you so many options for your off souls.
    You are correct; Pyro has options. The problem is that other souls have much better utilities, cc and debilitates.

    No problem escaping bad melee, of which there are plenty. But a warrior that actually understands that two of his charges break movement impairing effects? And how to pull when you blink? Doesn't have break free at the top of his spam macro? Good luck.

  15. #15
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    It depends against which melee you are playing. Inq purge removes 2 buffs so it will be a lot more useful against melees who rely on purgeable self buffs. Inq also get pretty good self heals.
    The problem with Purge is that it just removes the last 2 buffs applied, you can't intelligently remove them. I consider Purge more general utility than anything. Judicial Privilege is broken, there is no doubt. But I'd trade JP and Purge for a blink, unbreakable root, stun, debilitate, and damage shield all in the Inq tree.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts