+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Nerf mages.... Pyro PVP video Snaggleteeth

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    You are correct; Pyro has options. The problem is that other souls have much better utilities, cc and debilitates.

No problem escaping bad melee, of which there are plenty. But a warrior that actually understands that two of his charges break movement impairing effects? And how to pull when you blink? Doesn't have break free at the top of his spam macro? Good luck.
    My point was that 61 Inq and 11 Cab is comparable in tools to 61 Pyro and I don't really consider melees a huge problem so I am not sure why Pyros do when they have trade JP for other useful abilities. I see Pyros that melt face in PvP way more than I see Inqs doing it. To be fair though there are lots of Pyros that are free kills. Maybe it's just gear progression.

Pyros are great, melee only excels if there are good heals and squishy targets on the opposing side. If your team sucks being for 8s grounded is a ***** and the op dps range damage makes you lose even more! Anyway everything seems acceptable balance wise, all classes have their roles/strengths. It shows that most of the nerf threads have finally gone away... maybe. There are still issues about how to make the game more melee friendly in general (hence, the need to be durable/ having op pockets-to easy to tab). Matchmaking is also damm depressing. There are so many solutions to make it better but all seem to controversial to be implemented. Hopefully the devs make 3.0 a good one. Improving low level pvp is important for the intital speculation of the game even the game is pve focused. Pyro is great! especially when they are the strongest range soul and that many fresh derps can't touch you(probably die before they get to you or struggling to get away). If you're wondering melee can still get tabbed by derps. I guess if mages had a strong viable melee spec it would address a lot of the general complaints of most mages.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Champion of Telara

I still think Warlords are overturned. You shouldn't be able to burst like that while having near tank hit points and mitigation, great overall DPS, and virtually endless mobility.

Prophet of Telara

Mage is overpowered. Lol. Try playing the new zoomancer which stacks debuffs and splits + empty the crypt. Also you can pick up neddras torture with it GG. Lol. Also there is several incredibly powerful melee arbiter builds that work weil and can solo dps no problem with more points into a tank spec than any other tank spec. The only thing that players complain about is cloro which I find also amusing since how broken stack healing is atm.

The only specs that mages should be playing is zoomancer, dom and cloro for range and then some hybrid arbiter/bringer for melee tanking. 61 harb can use a buff but other than that.. mage is OP. I still think chloro is best healer when you stack with others. About the same aoe with more dps and raid buffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Caeus View Post
    I disagree, Pyros have better tools than Inquisitor in their tree for dealing with melee, including a blink, 3 CCs, and a shield. There's really no reason you shouldn't be able to escape a melee. Especially because the utility and DPS of the Pyro tree gives you so many options for your off souls.
    Here's why you can't escape a melee:

'sin: snares you with every weapon attack and no DR. Leaping Plunge, 30m range charge on 8 second cooldown with 1.5s root with no DR. Flash of Steel 20m range charge on 15s cooldown with 1.5s root with no DR. Marksman attacks proc poisons. Cloak and Dagger and Enfeebling Poison give them ridiculous mitigation.

Paragon: 50% run speed buff for 15s. Immune to knockback (which includes 5% mitigation). Two charges with 1.5s root and no DR, a disarm, an oGCD snare that's uncleansable with no DR. 8s CD 20m range pull. 20m range leap. They can do 100% of damage from range for 15s every 30s. Tranquility reduces ranged damage they take from you by 20%.

Warlord: l o l. Two pulls, two 30m charges, run speed, passive 15% reduction to range damage, BE lets them spam one of their 30m charges including the 1.5s root with no DR. oGCD snare that can't be cleansed. 50% run speed buff for 15s. 15m backward leap. 20m range leap.

Shaman: the only balanced melee soul, gg Clerics. Well, except for that OP synergy crystal.

Pyro: 15m teleport that can be reset by using your only offensive cooldown (2 min CD). 8s root on 30s CD. 5s stun on 45s CD (if you're full Pyro). 2s stun 30s CD. 5s disarm on 45s CD. A 30% snare 50% run speed buff if you take Archon on 1 min CD. Survivability cooldown? Burning Shield (absorbs 50% of damage up to 3.5k, woo).

Now, I'm not saying Pyro is bad by any stretch. But as for kiting... not much better off than Inq. In 61 Pyro you give up a lot of damage/utility for the extra mobility and off-soul options, which can make escaping easier against bads, but it's all for naught. Warlords take so long to kill that you'll be all out of options before they die, and the others can just kill you from range! Inq has better raw survivability, which I think is better, because the damage is unavoidable.

Pyro/Pyrochon are better specs overall though because they really excel against bads and bring more to a team than Inq, which is better suited to objectives and 1v1s imo.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Mage is overpowered
    Let's just take a moment and let this sink in. You actually typed this out and hit submit.

Mage is overpowered.
    And, that is where I stopped reading.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Here's why you can't escape a melee:

'sin: snares you with every weapon attack and no DR. Leaping Plunge, 30m range charge on 8 second cooldown with 1.5s root with no DR. Flash of Steel 20m range charge on 15s cooldown with 1.5s root with no DR. Marksman attacks proc poisons. Cloak and Dagger and Enfeebling Poison give them ridiculous mitigation.

Paragon: 50% run speed buff for 15s. Immune to knockback (which includes 5% mitigation). Two charges with 1.5s root and no DR, a disarm, an oGCD snare that's uncleansable with no DR. 8s CD 20m range pull. 20m range leap. They can do 100% of damage from range for 15s every 30s. Tranquility reduces ranged damage they take from you by 20%.

Warlord: l o l. Two pulls, two 30m charges, run speed, passive 15% reduction to range damage, BE lets them spam one of their 30m charges including the 1.5s root with no DR. oGCD snare that can't be cleansed. 50% run speed buff for 15s. 15m backward leap. 20m range leap.

Shaman: the only balanced melee soul, gg Clerics. Well, except for that OP synergy crystal.

Pyro: 15m teleport that can be reset by using your only offensive cooldown (2 min CD). 8s root on 30s CD. 5s stun on 45s CD (if you're full Pyro). 2s stun 30s CD. 5s disarm on 45s CD. A 30% snare 50% run speed buff if you take Archon on 1 min CD. Survivability cooldown? Burning Shield (absorbs 50% of damage up to 3.5k, woo).

Now, I'm not saying Pyro is bad by any stretch. But as for kiting... not much better off than Inq. In 61 Pyro you give up a lot of damage/utility for the extra mobility and off-soul options, which can make escaping easier against bads, but it's all for naught. Warlords take so long to kill that you'll be all out of options before they die, and the others can just kill you from range! Inq has better raw survivability, which I think is better, because the damage is unavoidable.

Pyro/Pyrochon are better specs overall though because they really excel against bads and bring more to a team than Inq, which is better suited to objectives and 1v1s imo.
    It's O.K. In a few weeks, they are going to remove mobility pretty much completely. Just que with a pocket. Problem solved.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zindrix View Post
    Let's just take a moment and let this sink in. You actually typed this out and hit submit.
    Cause you and most mages only look at damage and charts. You don't see the players like myself making warriors/sins do 0 damage and completely shutting down a healer. Get a 61 dom and dom/necro/lock and you pretty much can completely shut down half a 10 man with 2 players.
    Last edited by Planetx; 06-17-2014 at 12:22 PM.

Cause you and most mages only look at damage and charts. You don't see the players like myself making warriors/sins do 0 damage and completely shutting down a healer. Get a 61 dom and dom/necro/lock and you pretty much can completely shut down half a 10 man with 2 players.
    The post is about Pyro dps. And when you say "overpowered" then it looks as if you are referring to that. You are right, there are a couple of other nice support specs for mage. Dom is awesome. But what I, and others, would like is to see a solid DPS build to go along with those support specs. Right now, Pyro does great damage. However, durability is a big issue - and the new changes don't really address that, while at the same time they basically make Pyro/Pyrochon a complete turret spec. We will have to see what "it really means" once it goes live, but I am dissapointed in the current talk about the changes from the Dev.
    Last edited by EverydayAnomaly; 06-17-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

I don't use 61 Pyro ever, even solo queuing; Pyrochon is superior in almost every way except mobility. If I get in a situation where a melee is attacking me I don't stand and fight, I run like a ***** back to the team, or out of LOS, etc. That's how Pyro ought to be. Even with its lesser mobility I very rarely die unless I have a dedicated Warrior train focusing me or the match is a rout.

And on that subject, if you want a mobility spec, Stormcaller is looking like it will be an option.

It takes two of you to shut down 5 people? Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    No, there literally doesn't.

Because Spellpower values are so relatively low at lower levels.

This isn't hard.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

Plane Touched

This is about pyros not doms, and also, you must be playing with a really pro premade and no pugs because the CC immunity from AoE spammed CC is nuts and renders dom to nothing more than a ****ty mana drain(that doesn't work on phys).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2