+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Does rift pvp have a hidden rating system?

Default Does rift pvp have a hidden rating system?

Or am I just unlucky enough to always have the same 10 pugs, with half their gear as empty slots all in dreadful specs as my warfront team?

Discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Or am I just unlucky enough to always have the same 10 pugs, with half their gear as empty slots all in dreadful specs as my warfront team?

Discuss.
    You are the counter weight apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Yes there is a personal elo.

What goes into it, hows its calculated, and how it's used to balance queued teams.... apparently no one can give you a completely answer.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-16-2014 at 11:04 AM.

Champion of Telara

Discuss.
    I don't know if it is PMs or something else, but there are days when I get awful team after awful team full of blue geared PvEs derping their way to defeat.

Discuss.
    Your hidden rating system probably says you belong with under-geared pugs.

Does rift pvp have a hidden rating system?-600px-how_do_i_shot_web_gigantor_size.jpg

Watch me get an infraction because Aveleys. Talking about moderation is what actually makes it more likely. - Ocho
    Last edited by Ocho; 06-17-2014 at 08:31 AM.

A hidden rating system implies there's more than 24 people queuing for warfronts at a given time.

Plane Walker

There is nothing hidden about it besides the actual algorithm. It was a major patch to PvP that allowed PM's faster que times. Big news, lots of advance warning, etc...

Discuss.
    It has a hidden rating system.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

It's most likely based on in game numbers that's why it's hidden. Else ppl would try to find a way to exploit it.

Maybe there's no system at all but just RNG for fastest queue times.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

i'm guessing it's based on kill-to-death-ratio since I never actually win the warfronts lol.

lol objectives.

i'm guessing it's based on kill-to-death-ratio since I never actually win the warfronts lol.

lol objectives.
    Don't think so, because healers would be always counted as noobcakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Don't think so, because healers would be always counted as noobcakes.
    well kill/damage or healing to death ratios.

I think its random chance. Even if the Elo works as intended with individual players, there is no way it can understand or weigh a decent PM, and there are a few now. Maybe the Elo sticks me where I need to be but it cant quantify the PMs synergy and since the PM will be the driver of this little bus, where I was placed is meaningless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

I believe what was said about looking at frequency of role you play. I think playing a lot of Physician for a couple weeks now makes the game think I am going to heal WFs. Cause I am finding now more and more that if I don't heal nobody heals.

But the last game where I went DPS when I was the only healer. We went out, and after the wipe I had like 60k damage, and everyone had 10k or less.

Rift just puts you in lose/lose situations. Heal, and theres no DPS. DPS and theres no heals. And even when I get heals, it's just not enough to give a DPS confidence enough to get gritty and go deep to perform their job at utmost potential. It's very rare to even find a situation where I can perform at max capability as a DPS. And I think this rating system has gotten me into this. If it works how it's been described to us by devs. I am holding the spot for the teams top rating and now worse, the game thinks I prefer healing.

I like it more when it grouped by gear. At least people of equal gear, while it doesn't mean it will be even. At least I find more reliability in people who have reached the same ballpark of progression I have than being some Larry Bird of the team every game. This is why the devs won't tell us what dictates these ratings. Because this is the point where I would throw my rating for the sake of getting team mates who hit the right buttons.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    It's most likely based on in game numbers that's why it's hidden. Else ppl would try to find a way to exploit it.

Maybe there's no system at all but just RNG for fastest queue times.
    they could always show the ratings without the math behind it but even still you would get "wtf how is techfall ranked #1 i am so much better" threads x1000

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast