+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Does rift pvp have a hidden rating system?

I've switched shard tonight and not sure if its luck but my random wf have been 100% better.

Maybe switching shards somehow resets the rating?

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    From the last screenie posted by Nurse: [DEV_Daglar] better match making actually sucks in games -- the better you get...the more you get matched against people that can beat you.
    Yeah I have to massively disagree with that notion too. I'll save the lengthy explanation but, it completely defies my approach to my own gaming and skill honing since I picked up online games.

I made it a pure point sometimes, simply put, to fight people equal and better than me. That was the only way I would get better. You learn to serve other people by getting served yourself.

But it's also probably why people who exclusively never solo queue/play are hardly able to stand on their own feet when you catch them alone. It's a social MMO and the intention is to group up, but some go out of their way to never PvP unless they got like a picture perfect group. To me, that is just more pampering that makes me worse. It's why I still play BD with crappy heals. Makes me better at the spec. I can execute it well on a heal stacked team but, I honestly learn to play it a tad better when I have to be somewhat aware of my HP if I so choose to. Any DPS can hump someones leg and mash their buttons with a heal crew behind them. That isn't very hard, despite it being fun.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-28-2014 at 05:44 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

i also disagree with Daglar comment. May he is partial right, or he is juz giving a excuse. My rogue, who doesn't even has any pvp gear(was 1 day ago), and i was put in teams with all the crappy players for like over 10 matches b4 i managed to win 1 due to less opponents. Rather than making some comments, daglar should release the exact WF matching system. Company policies might not allow, but still should roughly mention.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I believe what was said about looking at frequency of role you play. I think playing a lot of Physician for a couple weeks now makes the game think I am going to heal WFs. Cause I am finding now more and more that if I don't heal nobody heals.

But the last game where I went DPS when I was the only healer. We went out, and after the wipe I had like 60k damage, and everyone had 10k or less.

Rift just puts you in lose/lose situations. Heal, and theres no DPS. DPS and theres no heals. And even when I get heals, it's just not enough to give a DPS confidence enough to get gritty and go deep to perform their job at utmost potential. It's very rare to even find a situation where I can perform at max capability as a DPS. And I think this rating system has gotten me into this. If it works how it's been described to us by devs. I am holding the spot for the teams top rating and now worse, the game thinks I prefer healing.

I like it more when it grouped by gear. At least people of equal gear, while it doesn't mean it will be even. At least I find more reliability in people who have reached the same ballpark of progression I have than being some Larry Bird of the team every game. This is why the devs won't tell us what dictates these ratings. Because this is the point where I would throw my rating for the sake of getting team mates who hit the right buttons.
    If warriors and melee rogues werent 4 shotting everything in warlord gear except physicians, we might have a decent amount of healers, but as it stands now without the physician soul healing really isnt worth the frustration anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    If warriors and melee rogues werent 4 shotting everything in warlord gear except physicians, we might have a decent amount of healers, but as it stands now without the physician soul healing really isnt worth the frustration anymore.
    WAT?

I believe what was said about looking at frequency of role you play. I think playing a lot of Physician for a couple weeks now makes the game think I am going to heal WFs. Cause I am finding now more and more that if I don't heal nobody heals.
    The thing is, every warfront requires something different. Sometimes you have to be AoE to stop the enemy from picking up a stone. Sometimes you need to be a healer to carry a stone. Sometimes a dps to hold and take remote nodes. Sometimes a team healer.

I think to get a good rating you'd need to be willing and able to play whatever spec to win. And of course, solo-queue every match is probably going to limit wins. I still think premades are the way to consistent wins and probably high ratings.

I don't fret over losses since I only solo-queue. I can have fun in them with or without a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Total insult to great cleric healers everywhere .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Total insult to great cleric healers everywhere .
    I can definitely vouch for the ease of playing physician. A couple of days ago I threw together a hybrid physician, worked the bugs out of the macros, and by day two I was running stones with whole groups hanging off me. And I don't even know what I'm doing, just spamming two buttons. I see how a player who knows how to heal can never die.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCreaux View Post
    I can definitely vouch for the ease of playing physician. A couple of days ago I threw together a hybrid physician, worked the bugs out of the macros, and by day two I was running stones with whole groups hanging off me. And I don't even know what I'm doing, just spamming two buttons. I see how a player who knows how to heal can never die.
    Good thing your spec can run stones, too bad underpowered physicians can't heal in real pvp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    i'm guessing it's based on kill-to-death-ratio since I never actually win the warfronts lol.

lol objectives.

real pvpers do objectives. ask enforcer.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    i also disagree with Daglar comment. May he is partial right, or he is juz giving a excuse. My rogue, who doesn't even has any pvp gear(was 1 day ago), and i was put in teams with all the crappy players for like over 10 matches b4 i managed to win 1 due to less opponents. Rather than making some comments, daglar should release the exact WF matching system. Company policies might not allow, but still should roughly mention.
    the system can only work with the players currently queued.
    if you were repeatedly put on teams full of crappy players, then there was likely only crappy players queuing, and they filled both teams.

in rift's pvp, it is no longer a matter of which team is better, but rather which team is the least bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Disciple

It doesn't matter if I am on my p90 or p70 or p80 or p10.

My warfronts consist of the same players over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaidence99 View Post
    It doesn't matter if I am on my p90 or p70 or p80 or p10.

My warfronts consist of the same players over and over.
    I do not experience this.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4