+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Does rift pvp have a hidden rating system?

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    This shows how the ELO system is incorporated. PMs only factor into the match with their communications and willingness to run proper specs. Pugs can communicate, pugs can select proper specs, the problem is that most pugs was to "do there own thang" and whine later that the PM was too strong.
    The synergy you get and the pugs don't is a fact of life as far as I am concerned. I won't spend my time typing out suggestions in game to get them together, I would do more in an AE healer buff bot hybrid supporting on the turf I want. The pugs could do a lot of things, but they don't and suggestions, no matter how politely delivered, usually result in a "**** ***, and the horse you rode in on" or something very similar. Far easier to keep a boatload of soul slots and do what I think needs to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    i'm guessing it's based on kill-to-death-ratio since I never actually win the warfronts lol.

lol objectives.
    no, it's not k/d ratio, my guess is it's damage and healing done. i've had to deal with this for awhile on both characters, solo queue or otherwise. damage and healing would make the most sense since i'm usually at the top when i'm doing either and would explain the queues i've had to deal with for a long time.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    I have given up on full dps specs, everything has a heal or HP in it. It's chaos or pms farming chaos, either way I won't be getting healed unless I do the healing.
    I will never give up on full DPS specs. I will just simply continually hold people to realistic expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    no, it's not k/d ratio, my guess is it's damage and healing done. i've had to deal with this for awhile on both characters, solo queue or otherwise. damage and healing would make the most sense since i'm usually at the top when i'm doing either and would explain the queues i've had to deal with for a long time.
    Well, if that is what it is, I am pretty effed playing mostly BD. Would explain why Aborticus gets the same crap teams I do too. Before Physician came out all he did was bard/tact, and BD. If that is how it works, we've inflated our way up pretty high.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-18-2014 at 02:57 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I will never give up on full DPS specs. I will just simply continually hold people to realistic expectations.

Well, if that is what it is, I am pretty effed playing mostly BD. Would explain why Aborticus gets the same crap teams I do too. Before Physician came out all he did was bard/tact, and BD. If that is how it works, we've inflated our way up pretty high.
    it doesnt matter if you are ranked number one because its not weighted. you go on one team then next highest goes to other team and so on. its not trying to average the ranks so your 2600 rating wont get you stuck with 10 noobd while the other team gets all 1700 rated players.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    it doesnt matter if you are ranked number one because its not weighted. you go on one team then next highest goes to other team and so on. its not trying to average the ranks so your 2600 rating wont get you stuck with 10 noobd while the other team gets all 1700 rated players.
    Let's see - 3 high rated players, including me queue up, and the rest is sub-par fodder. Let's say I am going to get team B

Pro rating - Team A
    Pro rating (me) - Team B
    Pro rating - Team A
    Sub-par - Team B
    etc...

It's just numbers and distribution. I can definitely think of scenarios that would screw over a high rating with that placement method. But indeed, it would have to rely on un-even numbers and massive disparities queueing up at once. OR maybe one is just so sick, they ceiling their rating and their realistic weight goes far beyond what the rating represents.

Being an old time fan of the Buccs when they were a hot team. There was just no way stats/ratings could describe the power of Derrick Brooks on the field. That is why I think at best these ratings just change the way teams are formed, I don't see it promoting quality whatsoever.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-18-2014 at 04:51 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

One thing I know for sure ratings arent based on win/lose ratio.. Ive been on the losing end so much when queueing.

My best bet is damage..

Plane Walker

Let's see - 3 high rated players, including me queue up
    presumptuous

Default Daglar Explains the Matchmaking System

This was from April. Not the best cropping but it's what I have.

Does rift pvp have a hidden rating system?-queuespeak1.jpgDoes rift pvp have a hidden rating system?-queuespeak2.jpgDoes rift pvp have a hidden rating system?-queuespeak3.jpgDoes rift pvp have a hidden rating system?-queuespeak4.jpgDoes rift pvp have a hidden rating system?-queuespeak5.jpg
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 06-19-2014 at 11:18 AM.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

It has a hidden rating system.
    Pretty much this!

From the last screenie posted by Nurse: [DEV_Daglar] better match making actually sucks in games -- the better you get...the more you get matched against people that can beat you.

That pretty much sums up the problem we have. The devs don't want people to fight harder or equal opponents, they want you to have fun facerolling lesser opponents. Unfortunately this destroys the gaming experience for newer players, and erodes the pool of PVPers.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Default The worst...

No "seal', no "syn Crystal" and a 1/3 focus......... #facepalm the Worst.......
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

Quote Originally Posted by Escadora View Post
    No "seal', no "syn Crystal" and a 1/3 focus......... #facepalm the Worst.......
    You have to narrow it down, you just described 90% of Rift pugs.

I used to hate scion but pm don't que for it so it's pug vs pug most of the time , I think I've had fun the last 5 I was in , very close games down to the wire

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    I think if you queue as a premade it only counts the leader of the premade and not the other individuals in the premade. That is why you see sometimes imbalanced parties 7 to 10 5 to 3 come in at start of match. Also, why you see multiple premades sometimes getting stacked together on the same teams.
    Ive been saying this from the beginning. It counts 1 PM as 1r90 (Highest ranked person), and matches it up with one r90 on the other side. Explains how unbalanced things are in PM wfs as well as how there is me and a freelancer player on one team and a known full r90 PM team of five already on the other side and the match is about to begin. It just throws in whoever after.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Ive been saying this from the beginning. It counts 1 PM as 1r90 (Highest ranked person), and matches it up with one r90 on the other side. Explains how unbalanced things are in PM wfs as well as how there is me and a freelancer player on one team and a known full r90 PM team of five already on the other side and the match is about to begin. It just throws in whoever after.
    If that's the case then that's not cool at all. But this still speculation. I'd like to hear from a dev on how PM ELO ratings work so that could be laid to rest. I have a feeling that isn't happening but there has been no direct address from a dev when counting PMs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast