+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: You folks need to balance pvp.

Shadowlander

Default You folks need to balance pvp.

Rogue's range souls are pathetic damage, from what i've seen their taking a 70% damage reduction in any pvp warfront under level 60. That's the 1-59 brackets. So tell me, why are people getting 70% valor, in the 10-49 level ranges? when they have none?

Why doesn't armor penetration work in warfronts? here's why, because when they added in this vengeance and valor stuff, they forgot to change armor pen so it works against valor. Isn't Valor armor?

I'm decked out in the 40 pvp gear with my rogue mm, and i hit people for non-crit for 93 damage with swift shot. 130 some on a crit. That's not even half the base value on the skill's tooltip itself. Deadeye shot reads at 1544 damage non-crit. I shot another rogue in my last warfront with it who was level 40 I had the full 5 marks of course. It landed a crit for 304 damage. So in other words about 200 damage got through. Seems like you nerfed the class by close to 80% of what it was. I think its time you change it back.

I've seen on occasion 1 bard (rogue of course) tank 7 people for nearly 2 minutes. I've seen level 12 warriors fire out 700 damage non-crit. I've seen mages pop instant skills who are lower level than me in the 20 range for 2k crits. This whole pvp system you folks created is a complete mess. Maybe you should scrap it and start over again, because clearly its not working as intended.
    Last edited by Muckles; 06-15-2014 at 05:49 PM.

Shadowlander

Typo'd that, meant a 16 warrior. Firing out that 770 non-crit.

he figured out rift pvp by reading tooltips. you devs should be ashamed of yourselves. scrap pvp like he said right now.

This thread is an allegory for 95% of rift's pvp playerbase.

You folks need to balance pvp.-media_preview.jpg

/10chars

Shadowlander

Hows this for a laugh. I respec'd my role from marksman over to ranger.

My normal shots, and skills hit as hard as the criticals I did in marksman. Finishers included. And it doesn't even have any armor penetration at all. What a joke you made of it. 140-145 non crit quick shot on a 48 warrior who has more armor, The finisher was hitting for close to 700's.

The above was on a 48 warrior in whitefall steppes again. Where as the prior info came from a previous warfront vs a 40 rogue, who had probably half the armor value the warrior did.

So clearly the marksman role has been nerfed by at least 70%, i'd say closer to 80% given that a 304 crit on a 1544 finisher which would have been close to 2.3k.. only 300 of that went thru, simple math that's a bit more than 1/8th. or ruffly about 12-13% of what its normal damage range should be.

Thats one hell of a nerf u guys gave it. Kill the role why don't ya. Just put it out of its misery, delete it and remake it as something else.

Ascendant

Bard got buffs recently thus it's kinda broken in low lvl pvp (it get's balanced at 60) MM is the worst ranged dps spec but it will start doing better at lvl60 when you get BIS pvp gear. Despite lowest dps you can still do well due to utility and there's a chance that MM will get some tweaks in the upcoming weeks.

Low lvl pvp is very unbalanced, especially now when everybody can heal, so just lvl up outside of WF and join in when you hit lvl 60 and get some PA as well.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Shadowlander

This is my 2nd rogue on the way to 60, first one already made it. I had it decked out in freelancer gear, full set. Didn't help it at all. Had the prestige to get the 2nd rank stuff, just didn't like the grind. It was ranger all the way. Thought i'd give mm a go on a 2nd char just to see the differences going through the levels. And I could establish a actual playstyle and work out its rotations, which i did. But the pure damage of it kept getting worse as it got past level 20. Things are supposed to improve slightly, not worsen in a larger margin per level. So whats the point of being a marksman role, if its gonna suck so badly that another role, with less offensive capabilitys for a rogue does more damage with non-critical hits, than the marksman does with critical hits?

Wow created the "Hi, lets be stupid and only balance at the top level for the game. New expansion comes in, lets rebalance it there, everything under it doesn't matter cuz its not the cap."

Thats the lazy *** routine that defines how well a mmo develops. Yeah. Lets work on the end, cuz the start and middle don't mean anything at all. This isn't wow, that standard shouldn't apply here. If your gonna try to get it right, get it right through all the level ranges, instead of just one.
    Last edited by Muckles; 06-15-2014 at 07:34 PM.

Rift Chaser

LOL.... How many times needed to explain to get this in to ur head? The DEVs already spoken b4, This is PVE orientated game! Therefore, the balance only works in PVE environment and not PVP environment! They don't bother about PVP as there's way too many stuffs to control and fix, and they can't.

Seriously, if u really like to pvp, there are other games out there in the internet world. PVP balance in Rift isn't going to happen. So, Why bother to ask for balance?

Shadowlander

And that's why we see pvp gear in the rift store? Its supposedly balanced all around pve right? Yet there's a whole section devoted to it. As well as some in the mounts as viable purchase options with favor. Conquest marks. Warlord marks. Also, why did they bother with implementing valor and vengence, if this is all about pve? Kinda contradictory isn't it? They put all this pvp stuff in, for a pve based game.

The game may have started out as pve, but pvp is what drew the crowds. If they don't work on the pvp balance fix's, then this game will die out because of it. If people keep getting their butts handed to them because this role's overpowered, or that role's overpowered, then yes. I suppose its ok for them to stay pve. But doing so will cost them. As unhappy people with a major aspect of the game, are less likely to stay.

It just means less $ in their pocket, and eventually they'll take their servers down, condensing them all together as the playerbase shrinks. I've seen a few diff mmo's already do that. Every MMO out there, has its challenges.

They want to keep their income flowing, then they'll fix the issues related to pvp. Or they will see people leave, to go and find other mmo's out there. One's that are free to play, and offer a better amount of pvp balance than something which has seemingly none at all.

All they'd have to do really is set up a file type for each role, in each class and say ok. You joined pvp. Here's your buff that you get. Here's your damage penalty modifier, heal penalty modifier, hp increase bonus. Etc. You have this role, that role, and that role.. I'm not a smart person, so laugh all ya want. But i'm saying it'd be alot easier to make a pvp file attachment to each role, and say ok, here's balance. (Hell they could attach it to the loading screen going in and out) We'll tweak the modifiers for outgoing damage, outgoing healing, self healing, and after we've got them all done for each role. Everytime you go into a pvp warfront or conquest, then this file gets added and you get the buff. When you leave, the buff goes away.

They wouldn't need to touch the actual skills itself, but base the percentages of increase or decrease based off pretty much how many pts they got in each role. They could say ok, tempest warriors hitting way too hard. Lets change their outgoing damage in pvp by 60%, then they go into pvp, test it out, see if it needs to go up or down or is fine. Change it a bit more, ok, done. Onto next warrior role. And again, and again. Seems pretty simple to me, but i'm not a coder. They could probably copy the initial file, then change it slightly to conform it to each seperate role. Instead, they've been going into each specific role and tweaking it there, when they could have saved time, effort, and likely alot of $ spent paying the people doing these changes, with something more simple and effective. And probably a hell of a lot less time consuming.

people like you are why people like me become alcoholics

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    people like you are why people like me become alcoholics

Pretty women make us buy beer, ugly women make us drink beer.

Guess which one the OP is.

Shadowlander

Like i said, i'm not a smart person. But they could set up the initial penaltys for heals, and damage, and alter them accordingly. Perhaps they could even go through it, and say ok. Time to put in level ranges. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60. We've done the basics. Lets take it to the next step. There's your balance folks, enjoy. We're done.

As for your comment. Maybe a little less on the sarcasm, perhaps a bit more on constructive criticism, maybe even offer up something as a possible means to helping fix the issue. Perhaps even going so far as to offer up another viable solution that could benefit the dev team? Sure looks like they could use it.

Hell, they could probably remove the nerfs they put on all the classes over whatever duration this game's been going, and just make the above changes in the pvp portion. It'd very likely solve a great many issues. As well as reduce the need for patching every what, week or two? They could sit back and just work on more content.
    Last edited by Muckles; 06-15-2014 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckles View Post
    This is my 2nd rogue on the way to 60, first one already made it. I had it decked out in freelancer gear, full set. Didn't help it at all. Had the prestige to get the 2nd rank stuff, just didn't like the grind. It was ranger all the way. Thought i'd give mm a go on a 2nd char just to see the differences going through the levels. And I could establish a actual playstyle and work out its rotations, which i did.
    you do understand how the Rift soul system works, don't you?

you're first rogue, even though you levelled it as a ranger, can also be a MM. and an assassin. and a bard. and can switch between them freely, even within a single warfront.

there is little reason to roll two of the same class.

why don't you set one of your first rogue's roles to MM and see how it compares, since its already 60.

there seems to be a lot about this game that you haven't grasped yet. too much to go into here.
    the best advice I can give you is to join a guild, get in their vent (or team speak/mumble/whatever) and ask questions of the more experienced players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Muckles View Post
    Like i said, i'm not a smart person. But they could set up the initial penaltys for heals, and damage, and alter them accordingly. Perhaps they could even go through it, and say ok. Time to put in level ranges. 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59 and 60. We've done the basics. Lets take it to the next step. There's your balance folks, enjoy. We're done.

As for your comment. Maybe a little less on the sarcasm, perhaps a bit more on constructive criticism, maybe even offer up something as a possible means to helping fix the issue. Perhaps even going so far as to offer up another viable solution that could benefit the dev team? Sure looks like they could use it.

Hell, they could probably remove the nerfs they put on all the classes over whatever duration this game's been going, and just make the above changes in the pvp portion. It'd very likely solve a great many issues. As well as reduce the need for patching every what, week or two? They could sit back and just work on more content.
    leveling is a miniscule part of the game's experience, and pvp is not its foremost priority. most of the game's content is designed for players at end-game.

pvp is not balanced for sub-60 brackets. it's barely balanced for the 60 bracket.

those mages critting you for 2k at level 20 will be critting you for 2k at level 60 with cast time spells in high-end gear.

you owe me a dos equis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast