+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Random WF queueing question

Default Random WF queueing question

Wondering if anyone else is in the same boat as I am. EVERY TIME I queue for WF I end up in the worst groups ever facing PM's or stacked random groups.

I've been taking screenshots all day of the WF results and on average I make 3 to 4 more damage then my next teammate.

Is it just me and bad luck or is there an explanation to this, it is getting extremely annoying.

Yeah, it happens to me a lot. But more-so on BD with the extreme damage blow out's because it has heavy AoEs. Though plenty of times I've hopped on sin and MM and had some pretty huge damage disparities, which I don't think should be happening, especially with MM. MM shouldn't be destroying people in damage done imo. But there are also some good PvP specs and playstyles that just don't net extreme damage, so it depends if the person was being overall useless or not.

Like these 2 games.

http://i.imgur.com/0A3qLDk.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/LYmBtmF.jpg

I was doing as much as I could to promote a win, and it wasn't enough. And it was certainly better choices to aim for a win than it would be to net more damage. 7 caps and a handful of defenses in one domination game. And 18 stone captures in a Scion. Still loses. There are plenty of times where damage is to blame But lots of people just don't flat out play the map. I have blow out screenshots in several categories, there is just a vast amount of *overall* poor performance. This means awareness, toon capability, and map strategy/control in relation to the objectives. Lots of people just have no style or any slick maneuvers anymore. You know creativity is at an all time low when you can cap a point in the middle of 10+ people fighting or back-cap someone *repeatedly* because they cap sometimes that takes 30s to gain control and run off with it ticking at 25s. I don't know what else could better spell out mindless gameplay. So many WF's lack niches and roles that go beyond your spec and hone in on your playstyle, while I love being healed and rambo'ing with the rest of them, for some that seems to be all they can do. Don't even get me started on the egotistical trash talkers who are road bumps when you catch them alone on the rare occasion.

And to devils advocate some, as far as damage goes. Not all specs that are good are damage powerhouses. MM, Sin, and NB are all good. NB is far from a damage powerhose and other specs should put up more numbers, but it has high killing potential with the way you can time CD's. Sin isn't always best played as a keep-the-damage-going role. Sometimes it is start to re-stealth/re-focus someone, or stray off a moment to complete an objective. So just because someone has a dagger icon, being #1 on the damage chart can have little to do with who pulled what weight. Of course, when the disparity becomes large, you can point to a problem.

I don't know what to do with WF's these days. There player base on a large scale is just minus something.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Its a compliment to you actually, your elo rank is so high that your teammates will always be bad. Since the game sees you as a skilled player it wont put other similarly skilled players on the same team as you. Its a broken system and is easily exploited by premades.

This weekend has been particularly bad and I think a lot of it had to do with mech week. You have exclusively pve'rs trying to get that warfront win for their free vault and then you have severely under-geared alts doing the same. I know someone probably gear checked my warrior and sighed.

Dakkota you need to put a tl;dr version at the end of your posts bro

My results are different usually , when I solo q it's pretty good close matches , when I join as a group is when the fun doesn't happen . I solo most of the time anyways so I can pick and chose who to heal and not just my team mates which I like better

It has nothing to do with the match making system. Literally 95% of the player base cannot play pvp so 95% of pugs you get will be dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    Its a compliment to you actually, your elo rank is so high that your teammates will always be bad. Since the game sees you as a skilled player it wont put other similarly skilled players on the same team as you. Its a broken system and is easily exploited by premades.
    I been going with this for a while. Figure the game just wants me to carry the weight. I think it over-estimates me.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    This weekend has been particularly bad and I think a lot of it had to do with mech week. You have exclusively pve'rs trying to get that warfront win for their free vault and then you have severely under-geared alts doing the same. I know someone probably gear checked my warrior and sighed.

Dakkota you need to put a tl;dr version at the end of your posts bro
    i'll agree mech week has made things interesting in pvp. it even makes me look good!
    but its been the pure pug matches, with no known players, that have been the closest fights (the least bad team wins, as opposed to the best team wins)

for example....

Attachment 18813
    Attachment 18814

the only name I know in those screenshots is my own.

where as matches with players who make a point of making their names known have been much more one sided...

Random WF queueing question-mech-week-pug-bg-names.jpg

(you'll even see Dakkota's name in there)

P.S. I was pugging all three. I cant speak for anyone else in any of the matches.
    Last edited by Kronos v; 06-15-2014 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I been going with this for a while. Figure the game just wants me to carry the weight. I think it over-estimates me.
    This is how the match making works according to daglar.

This is how the match making works according to daglar.
    I know !
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

im telling you objectives play a part in personal elo somehow

That one guy that specs tank and spams click the flag is better than you. Sorry.

every time i saw you in a WF today i lost (seriously **** KR: Dom so hard)
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-15-2014 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    im telling you objectives play a part in personal elo somehow

That one guy that specs tank and spams click the flag is better than you. Sorry.
    I saw you today in BG :P

I like your old wardrobe better man.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

That would probably explain why the second I group with someone the queue's take forever..

You could try for Dex instead of ganking between Thontic and G-spawn if you want to win more.

<3
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast