+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Star Offense" Achievement

Rift Disciple

Default "Star Offense" Achievement

"Kill three carriers of the Fang of Regulos in a single match of The Black Garden."

I have been trying off and on to earn this achievement for weeks now, and have been driving the struggle bus all the way. Each BG match I play we are either facerolling or getting facerolled, and neither situation is ideal (we either aren't giving up the fang or can't kill their carrier through their team's heals).

For a kill to count you need to have the last hit on the carrier (confirmed through cheevo tracking). I would be fine with this, except for one detail--if fang damage kills them, you get no kill credit. Between diligent healers and increasing fang damage it is almost impossible to get the killing blow before the fang does, even if you're the only one attacking the carrier. I can usually get one last-hit in a match, or two in a good one, but 500 points has proven to be too short of a time to get three. An oh-so-simple fix to this would be to give kill credit to the most recent attacker in the case of a fang damage death.

The first purpose of this thread is to vent frustration, and the second is to ask for advice. Is there anything I (rogue, usually NB win WFs) could be doing to make an easier time of this, aside from grabbing the damage power-ups and hoping for the best?
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittare View Post
    "Kill three carriers of the Fang of Regulos in a single match of The Black Garden."

I have been trying off and on to earn this achievement for weeks now, and have been driving the struggle bus all the way. Each BG match I play we are either facerolling or getting facerolled, and neither situation is ideal (we either aren't giving up the fang or can't kill their carrier through their team's heals).

For a kill to count you need to have the last hit on the carrier (confirmed through cheevo tracking). I would be fine with this, except for one detail--if fang damage kills them, you get no kill credit. Between diligent healers and increasing fang damage it is almost impossible to get the killing blow before the fang does, even if you're the only one attacking the carrier. I can usually get one last-hit in a match, or two in a good one, but 500 points has proven to be too short of a time to get three. An oh-so-simple fix to this would be to give kill credit to the most recent attacker in the case of a fang damage death.

The first purpose of this thread is to vent frustration, and the second is to ask for advice. Is there anything I (rogue, usually NB win WFs) could be doing to make an easier time of this, aside from grabbing the damage power-ups and hoping for the best?
    Roll a Bard and use virtuoso to spam cudas on fang carriers.

Plane Walker

Think I got this on my mage some 2.5 years ago with the un-nerfed powerball buff I think my rogue is missing this achi too, checking.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog View Post
    Think I got this on my mage some 2.5 years ago with the un-nerfed powerball buff I think my rogue is missing this achi too, checking.
    Yeah, my warr and rogue dont have this achi.
    My mage has Star Offence and Black Garden Domination from 4-21-2011 12:33am

Did it easy as palawarlord. I think that's just the key find some tank hybrid spec to carry but still do damage. It's probably got harder to do since the healing stalemates tho.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

ahh lol nm i was thinking of the other achiev to carry and kill. Killing 3 in a match you need a high burst damage spec
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Shadowlander

Pay attention to the fang tick intervals and save your burst to hit right after the tick damage.

If you really want the achievement, you could try doing something as obnoxious as taking the fang yourself and bringing it to the opposing sides spawn just to donate it and then do the 3 kills there. There's a good chance the other team won't take it back to middle and the match will take ages to finish.

Ascendant

you need to reroll make bard or mage and in low lvl pvp you can get it easily. GL in the lvl60 pvp where half of the teams are healers and the other half Warlords.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Roll a Bard and use virtuoso to spam cudas on fang carriers.
    Does that work? I bard all the time for raids, never though to use it in WFs though. Could do a Distress/Jeopardy/Fury combo maybe, will need to try that.
    Sagittare@Deepwood | Harlakk@Deepwood | Lexicus@Deepwood
    <- Hello Kitty->

some classes have abilities that hurt themselves (warrior has a planar attunement ability that does so).
    so....
    pick up the fang, kill yourself. repeat twice more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    some classes have abilities that hurt themselves (warrior has a planar attunement ability that does so).
    so....
    pick up the fang, kill yourself. repeat twice more.
    it have 1h long cd (even if it works)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

I got this one a couple weeks ago, was the last one I needed for lord of war. I honestly been trying this achievement for a few month's (off and on) when I had the chance to play pyro. Got to use your best burst spec. Seemed like as I got better gear, my chances increased on getting the kills. Helps to be the most geared dps on the team in some cases I think.
    Fugzy@Deepwood - -Mage
    Fugz@Deepwood - - Rogue
    Fug@Deepwood - - War
    Fugza@Deepwood - - Cleric
    Primmo@Deepwood - - Primalist

Champion of Telara

Use a high burst spec and try persuade a friend to queue with you running a heavy CC spec.

Time your burst with your friends CC on healers and hope you get the KB

this wasn't the hardest to get for lord of war either
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    this wasn't the hardest to get for lord of war either
    Codex commando memories?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast