+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: I want to ask a personal question.

Default I want to ask a personal question.

Why are you here? What about RIFT makes you revisit?
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Forum pvp.
    Rikalus. Retired lvl 60 P76 Noob Mage. Bloodiron *Blue Team*
    Per Incendia Ego Perussi

Too hard to be popular in wow.

Big fish small pond.
    Awesome game. #1 PvP.

Want to see what happens with Mages in PvP, if it will ever get better. Not sure Ive seen such a precarious and unpredictable calling.
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 06-14-2014 at 04:38 AM. Reason: redundancy

best f2p mmo pvp on market

If I knew the answer to your question Flair, I wouldn't still be playing this game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dahliablood View Post
    Too hard to be popular in wow.

Big fish small pond.
    That fish is a week old, I'm not buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    Want to see what happens with Mages in PvP, if it will ever get better. Not sure Ive seen such a precarious and unpredictable calling.
    I hear you, my mage is in storage for now since I'm playing other games these days too. I just don't want to work harder for the same results I can get on a warrior and cleric. The nice thing about RIFT, for me, is that it's got more laid back options like that.

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    best f2p mmo pvp on market
    I think some of the more chronic complainers should try some PvP in other f2p MMOs to see how good we have it here.

It fills the void great if you want MMO gameplay but not a MMO that takes heavy dedication to be a top dog. When I played Eq2, to be a head honcho of your class you had to be in a guild who may call you at 4am for contested kills and on top of that be on 4 hours a night at least 5 - 7 nights a week. I just...can't do that anymore, especially after enjoying filling that void with other things as it's something I haven't gone back to. That is why I PvP. Although people say raiding in Rift isn't hardcore like that and that I should try it. I guess I'm just used to being demanded 5 nights a week, nothing less, and a 90%+ attendance if you want to even be considered as a member for the first couple months. Maybe the PvE is as causal as the PvP? :P

I never PvP'd as a sole intention in MMO's before so it is a new approach to them that has kept me entertained. In PvE, I had to constantly find content that is very difficult to solo to keep myself entertained, to the point of fighting stuff that would even surprise me if I won, fo rhours. PvP is fun because it is ever changing, new situations always present, and faces always change (I seen such a variety of people come and go over 3+ years here). It is those elements of player verses player that kept me an FPS addict for so long most likely too. Very casual, in and out. I do still struggle with the fact that MMO's demand, almost obligate teamplay and being surrounded by good players, to even be a good player yourself. You can't just walk in room and smash a group of 4 good players like it's some FPS, so to me it is frustrating when I get handed poor team after another, knowing I can perform extremely well if my HP bar was just green the whole time, or more than it does on average. Often I heal out of bitterness of dying all the time. Which validates my thinking when I just swap to a heal role and take onslaughts of damage and fair through. It tells me if there were healers on the team, they just aren't doing as good as they can, focusing the players performing worse. It's a long novel, I just have issues with such strong forced team play when team mates are so out of your hands to the point where you can seemingly lack your potential for hours.

It's all part of the fun. MMO's are too progression based for me to be keen to the idea of hopping around and trying multiple ones, or even one each year. The only one I see myself trying is EqN, I could give Rift up for that if it is a hit. I fear how far the store will have gone down it's already rapid slippery slope towards pay-2-have-a-major-advantage. Of course, nothing says EqN won't do the same thing. If that is so I would probably truly give the FPS genre another try. Haven't dabbled in it seriously since 2006.

I get frustrated in game but I never felt it was terribly unbalanced. Perhaps that is why I can maintain enjoyment of it. I've heard people say everything in the world is broken and OP and maybe agreed with 10% or less of it. I keep playing the PvP because it is not bogus unless you play X calling. (inc mage rant replies). I even felt 1.5 was too serious of a buff for Rogues (we seriously have not been close to bad since then) and while I welcome every buff with a smile, I know we don't need them all to perform. I do think rogue is probably the most powerful PvP calling in the game though, and have since I picked one up in 2011. Just my opinion. For a while I had a cleric alt (a main that turned into an alt) so I could heal. But now that I can heal on my rogue, I really enjoy it as a total package. All 10 crystals and love 9 of the souls, and can find a time and place for all those 9 (I don't like tact) in PvP somewhere. It's casual and not too complex. But there are things I don't like that are getting worse.

So in the TLR, I play Rift because it is a casual MMO and I want to partake in an MMO that I enjoy right now in my gaming life. I do not have the time for hardcore MMO playing as fun as it can be.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-14-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    Even though rift has it's moments of "what the hell were you thinking", it's still mainly entertaining and fits well into odd times between wife, kids and work. It's obviously not limited to rift, but sharing a similar interest with a community provides a necessary distraction and a way to relax.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zimmyzz View Post
    Even though rift has it's moments of "what the hell were you thinking", it's still mainly entertaining and fits well into odd times between wife, kids and work. It's obviously not limited to rift, but sharing a similar interest with a community provides a necessary distraction and a way to relax.
    Well said! I actually wish I could play more than I do sometimes, but life does have it's demands!
    Rumplehealskin
    Getatmecuz
    I see some ladies that should be having my baby

I am a Golden God and was super cool and popular and adored by many.

In reality I have a lot of amazing memories about this game and about people/friends/butt buddies (Fluent/mei i am looking at you and spaceboots)a nd I wouldn't like to forget about them

I keep coming back so I can listen to Landslyde, Kronos V and their butt-buddies over the top CQ conspiracy theories. Some of the stuff they spout out is pure comedy gold.

They smoke the good stuff....

Delusions and paranoia abound.

Plane Touched

The lower lvl pvp brackets are actually worth it. Especially the 50s.

I tried a CQ again for the first time in a LONG time. Nobody is playing Rift for that ****. CQ is how you get people to leave the game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast