+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 63
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: what bracket does pyro start sucking?

  1. #1
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default what bracket does pyro start sucking?

    cuz i haven't found it yet

    http://i.imgur.com/lYmVVl4.jpg

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    1,418

    Default

    I think Inato Jones says the 60 bracket is when it starts sucking, well according to him anyway.

  3. #3
    Ascendant spaceboots's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    5,760

    Default

    pyro doesn't suck, but it's pvp skill cap certainly isn't reflected in it's effectiveness.

  4. #4
    Mei
    Mei is offline
    Ascendant Mei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    2,294

    Default

    probably the one where judo is the most popular spec
    Last edited by Mei; 06-13-2014 at 06:01 PM.

  5. #5
    Rift Master ConclusionTheFirst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    671

    Default

    It doesn't. However it needs better 1v1 viability; I should not have to hope that the melee on the flag is bad in order to win a match.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kiika View Post
    I think Inato Jones says the 60 bracket is when it starts sucking, well according to him anyway.
    I think I've said many times that Pyrochon is the best ranged spec in the game and 61 Pyro is the second-best. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about!

  7. #7
    Champion Flair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    IMO Pyro becomes less faceroll at 60, not sucky. You have to work harder than other classes to be as effective, because you are more fragile than they are. But it is still deadly if you are good at it.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    1,990

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    cuz i haven't found it yet

    http://i.imgur.com/lYmVVl4.jpg
    Can't you just ask Meduza to return the favor, rather than complaining about it on the forums?

    If your brother is being selfish you should probably stop giving it out like that.

  9. #9
    Champion Flair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tookmyjob View Post
    Can't you just ask Meduza to return the favor, rather than complaining about it on the forums?

    If your brother is being selfish you should probably stop giving it out like that.
    I had to re-read it like 5 times before I got it. But I gotta give you a 2/10 on that, Took. I mean...
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

  10. #10
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I think I've said many times that Pyrochon is the best ranged spec in the game and 61 Pyro is the second-best. So I'm not really sure what you're talking about!
    I agree pyrochon is much better but only if there is one. i think this is half the reason mages are lacking something in pvp. Chloros can't cross heal with veils, Archons can't get damage bonuses because buffs overwrite etc. Doms are the only spec where they aren't really bothered by having other doms in fact they work better together with drains because makes it harder to dispell.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

  11. #11
    Plane Touched zasen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    288

    Default

    not quite sure what you;re trying to prove, half the people in low lv wf have no clue whats going on.

    if you go in there with some knowledge of how the game works as well as what other classes can do then of course you;re gonna faceroll. also cinderburst is pretty op.

    pyro doesnt suck its just that certain "pvp souls" of other classes are better at dishing out damage as well as taking it.

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    cuz i haven't found it yet

    http://i.imgur.com/lYmVVl4.jpg

    10/10 troll

    this guy is good at forum pvp

  13. #13
    Ascendant SprawlnBrawl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    not quite sure what you;re trying to prove, half the people in low lv wf have no clue whats going on.

    if you go in there with some knowledge of how the game works as well as what other classes can do then of course you;re gonna faceroll. also cinderburst is pretty op.

    pyro doesnt suck its just that certain "pvp souls" of other classes are better at dishing out damage as well as taking it.
    well if you look I'm only 31 in a sea of 39 rogues in a bracket with no normalization. in a bracket with few abilities I would think op rogues with button mash macros would be owning me all over the map, yet its not the case. I feel bad for people when I'm 39

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    IMO Pyro becomes less faceroll at 60, not sucky. You have to work harder than other classes to be as effective, because you are more fragile than they are. But it is still deadly if you are good at it.
    I dont see how is Pyro more fragile than let say MM. You can go 5 points in to SC for passive +5% dmg and 5% dmg reduction and 10 points in to Arbiter for +10% endurance and +10% intelligence + 3% dmg reduction self buff.

    Pyro get's a passive 30% CC reduction and a blink with a break free on 20s CD. You also get better version of MM root, ranged stuns, debilitate which doesnt require successful interupt, self shields.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

  15. #15
    Champion Flair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    I dont see how is Pyro more fragile than let say MM. You can go 5 points in to SC for passive +5% dmg and 5% dmg reduction and 10 points in to Arbiter for +10% endurance and +10% intelligence + 3% dmg reduction self buff.

    Pyro get's a passive 30% CC reduction and a blink with a break free on 20s CD. You also get better version of MM root, ranged stuns, debilitate which doesnt require successful interupt, self shields.
    As a whole, Rogues have it easier IMO.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts