+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Morwath

Thread: This week's special quest req PVP WF win + PVE dungeon

Default This week's special quest req PVP WF win + PVE dungeon

All to get ur daily chest drop.

So if ur wondering why there are soo many people that aren't geared and hav no idea what the objectives are, heres ur answer...........

This actually a "Good Thing" <tm>. Moar peeps playin in WF means moar kills and fun. If they always required a WF win to complete by the special daily PVE quests this translates into new players to meet, learn about, and kill mercilessly. funfunfun.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

I subtly hold rewards from people who deck in PvE gear. I don't mean a fresh person at 60, I mean, someone who neglects to care like, just using a pure PvE foci and taking the 100% bolster.

Me on heals: Alright, who is a machine and will put supportive care to good use? And no lying.

*2 replies*

Me: Alright, it goes to the guy not using the sigil with 6 PvE essences.

I hope they walked away saying hey, maybe if I start using full PvP gear, who knows what more doors will open for me beyond Supportive Care.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Axaze View Post

So if ur wondering why there are soo many people that aren't geared and hav no idea what the objectives are, heres ur answer...........

This actually a "Good Thing" <tm>. Moar peeps playin in WF means moar kills and fun. If they always required a WF win to complete by the special daily PVE quests this translates into new players to meet, learn about, and kill mercilessly. funfunfun.
    I don't like this at all simply because they could do the opposite as well. That is to require pve content to get pvp gear.

Oh wait CQ's been around forever. Nevermind.

I'm going to miss out on most of the pve killfest due to vacation

I think there is a subtle undertone when it says for a daily quest "win a wf, win a dungeon" that sort of cheapens them in the mind of people when presented that way. It almost makes it appear to be something ya just hop in and out of, whether you have invested time in it before or not. Now, whether that is true or not isn't mattering to me. Because the truth is for good experiences in both, it has to be an avenue of interest and something you catered your toon to be capable of performing properly in. And likewise, it is something you have probably taken the time to learn to perform in.

I guess just the way it's presented. There is something subtle I can't put a finger on, just gives it a very cheapened feel as if it's just a joke or something. Or like it's something that doesn't require much forethought or comprehension before participating. Something. The only WF quests I like are the true beginner ones, because they sort of make sense - forcing you to at least dabble and interact with the maps. This to me just says "hit the join button until that grey box turns into a blue checkmark". That isn't the WF experience I want.

But I can't wrap my mind around where the middle ground must be within the complexity of balancing rewards for participation in areas of the game that require actual competency. I know MMO's like Rift will always be in the nature of rewards but, I think sometimes these rewards screw up the quality because the reward is being sought, not the experience leading to it. In fact, sometimes it is viewed that the reward is desired asap and the experience leading to it should be done with as fast as possible due to it being an annoyance. That is a true destruction of quality when reward emphasis becomes too strong and the experience leading to is it too neglected.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-13-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Thats why I heal PvErs in their instances in my precious PvP gear .

Ascendant

Next time we'll get quest which require you to get full CQ power but it must be done in new CQ ;)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    I don't like this at all simply because they could do the opposite as well. That is to require pve content to get pvp gear.

Oh wait CQ's been around forever. Nevermind.
    would you mind putting your character names in your sig?

I would enjoy it.
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I think there is a subtle undertone when it says for a daily quest "win a wf, win a dungeon" that sort of cheapens them in the mind of people when presented that way. It almost makes it appear to be something ya just hop in and out of, whether you have invested time in it before or not. Now, whether that is true or not isn't mattering to me. Because the truth is for good experiences in both, it has to be an avenue of interest and something you catered your toon to be capable of performing properly in. And likewise, it is something you have probably taken the time to learn to perform in.

I guess just the way it's presented. There is something subtle I can't put a finger on, just gives it a very cheapened feel as if it's just a joke or something. Or like it's something that doesn't require much forethought or comprehension before participating. Something. The only WF quests I like are the true beginner ones, because they sort of make sense - forcing you to at least dabble and interact with the maps. This to me just says "hit the join button until that grey box turns into a blue checkmark". That isn't the WF experience I want.

But I can't wrap my mind around where the middle ground must be within the complexity of balancing rewards for participation in areas of the game that require actual competency. I know MMO's like Rift will always be in the nature of rewards but, I think sometimes these rewards screw up the quality because the reward is being sought, not the experience leading to it. In fact, sometimes it is viewed that the reward is desired asap and the experience leading to it should be done with as fast as possible due to it being an annoyance. That is a true destruction of quality when reward emphasis becomes too strong and the experience leading to is it too neglected.
    Here's the thing.... I am not into finishing quests...dragon or whatever NPC killing means nothing to me....making real kids QQ now there's a reason for playing.....no complex reasoning, I aint gonna do the quest just enjoy the fruits it gives
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Axaze View Post

I like the PvP promotion and how the PvE player can step right into PvP instances with their gear bolstered and maybe find out they like it. What about the other way around though? Will my PvP gear work out trying a dungeon? Does it need to be bolstered? I'm like the PvE player with one set of gear but only my one set has vengeance. Trion's trying to get our toes wet right?

Champion of Telara

I saw someone with 30 kills in a non Scion Warfront this week. I thought I was in a time warp.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    I like the PvP promotion and how the PvE player can step right into PvP instances with their gear bolstered and maybe find out they like it. What about the other way around though? Will my PvP gear work out trying a dungeon? Does it need to be bolstered? I'm like the PvE player with one set of gear but only my one set has vengeance. Trion's trying to get our toes wet right?
    I don't mind the cross promotion. Funny thing though:

I hopped in a WF last night, right as it started. Looked at the team comp and decided to swap to Dom. It took maybe 10 seconds. The other 7 members of the team were dead before I got to mid!!! I thought something wierd was going on. Literally, in the first 20 seconds or so of the match, everyone else on the team died.

It was other-wordly. I didn't even Soul Recall because it was like I was mezmerized by the train wreck. LOL.. Best warfront ever. Apparently, a PM slipped in on the other side because four or five of the PVE folks on my team were que'd together.
    Last edited by EverydayAnomaly; 06-17-2014 at 11:09 AM.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread