+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By Morwath
  • 1 Post By Zetsuu

Thread: Bring PvP Rifts back...?

Default Bring PvP Rifts back...?

Dear Devs,
    we have currently no single objective to fight for in open world. Yes, we could gank people at 'pvp daily quests' area, but they are usualy undergeared and it's like ganking newbies in most cases, so not fun at all for both sides. We lack any objectives, content or w/e. I'm not asking about making new stuff, because that probably wont happen... but, could you consider bringing back old content?

Back in the days, when PvP Rifts were launched we had more open world PvP on PvE servers than we have now on PvP servers... e.g. we had daily PvP raid fights on Icewatch (well, as long as NW was active).

I believe 60 lvl PvP Rifts with revamped rewards (Warlord Marks, CQ Marks, I. Stones, small RIC chance drop) would attract people to pvp once again. Many of us don't like CQ anyway, it's just to large and random.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?

Ascendant

It would be nice but only if it's limited to one zone so pvpers can find each other easier. Hopefully in SL area.

There could be some pvp events (just like the pve zone events)
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    It would be nice but only if it's limited to one zone so pvpers can find each other easier. Hopefully in SL area.

There could be some pvp events (just like the pve zone events)
    It used to be only one PvP Rift at same time and announced on World Defense when opened with info where and by who.

Quote Originally Posted by Morwath View Post
    Dear Devs,
    we have currently no single objective to fight for in open world. Yes, we could gank people at 'pvp daily quests' area, but they are usualy undergeared and it's like ganking newbies in most cases, so not fun at all for both sides. We lack any objectives, content or w/e. I'm not asking about making new stuff, because that probably wont happen... but, could you consider bringing back old content?

Back in the days, when PvP Rifts were launched we had more open world PvP on PvE servers than we have now on PvP servers... e.g. we had daily PvP raid fights on Icewatch (well, as long as NW was active).

I believe 60 lvl PvP Rifts with revamped rewards (Warlord Marks, CQ Marks, I. Stones, small RIC chance drop) would attract people to pvp once again. Many of us don't like CQ anyway, it's just to large and random.

Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase?
    Daglar clearly stated there wont be any open world pvp any time soon

http://riftgrate.com/2014/04/03/dagl...ons-on-zaviel/

I miss the old days when you cant leave Capital City without pvp gear !
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    Daglar clearly stated there wont be any open world pvp any time soon

http://riftgrate.com/2014/04/03/dagl...ons-on-zaviel/

I miss the old days when you cant leave Capital City without pvp gear !

No plans doesn't mean they can't change their minds due to players feedback...
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-13-2014 at 01:52 AM.

No plans doesn't mean they can't change their minds due to players feedback...
    Exactly this. I would love to see this in SL. The codeing is alredy their, so it is not like it would be a lot of work. Just change the rewards for it. I bet that if you put a chance for a ric drop in their a lot of people would do it. Maybe just have one drop when you have 40 + people doing it so people don't take advantage of it.
    Ghosthart@wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Godmoney View Post
    Exactly this. I would love to see this in SL. The codeing is alredy their, so it is not like it would be a lot of work. Just change the rewards for it. I bet that if you put a chance for a ric drop in their a lot of people would do it. Maybe just have one drop when you have 40 + people doing it so people don't take advantage of it.
    Also maybe add another tab in the warfront window and just quo for it like warfronts or cq. But then all the pvpers might not play cq anymore. Just a thought.
    Ghosthart@wolfsbane

Prophet of Telara

The old PvP rifts were a blast. WTB please.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Plane Walker

Pretty sure PvP rifts are gone for good. Devs cited lack of interest. On Greybriar someone usually closes one on typical raid nights for the stat boost I assume. Besides that it's hard to tell because PvP rifts were never offered in level 60 zones. It seemed like I still saw level 50 ones being closed every day until SL.

Didn't there used to be a PvP Zone event too?

Quote Originally Posted by Malidrag View Post

Didn't there used to be a PvP Zone event too?
    Yes, there were PvP zone events in Stilmoore...

The devs cited lack of interest, which is true. They're not interested. They don't give a sh*t about owpvp, period. Be nice if they would bring these back, they were a blast, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    Last edited by PaulieGatto; 06-13-2014 at 06:32 AM.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

I loved PvP Rifts. So fun.

They'd have to fix them first though, as right now you can only have one PvP Rift active per cluster. If Seastone opens one, Hailol cannot. That seems like too much work for them to put into PvP content that people would actually, you know, enjoy. Just join Conquest guys. It's almost exactly like open world PvP, sans the fun.

edit: though I will say, with the sort of damage and healing output that's possible now I would not participate in open world PvP. Remember that a lot of things that are nerfed in PvP are only nerfed in instanced PvP (i.e., healing, and Arc).

Yes, there were PvP zone events in Stilmoore...
    IPP and Shimmersand as well. There were two per zone actually iirc: the ones where you had to capture points and steal the enemy's stones, and then the one with the faction bosses (Cyril and Asha).
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-13-2014 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    The old PvP rifts were a blast. WTB please.
    I heard a lot about the old pvp rifts, I hope something like them comes back

Just came back to the game after a couple years and didn't realize they had done away with pvp rifts. Too bad, they were a blast with only even a few people on each side.

+ Reply to Thread