+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warlords Weaponstones

Default Warlords Weaponstones

I don't see what the harm would be in just making them generic damage procs. It would still be a choice of situational burst over higher on average hits. You give up a lot to gain a couple damage procs. It is just wacky feeling because since it's only critical/physical strikes it is biased to only procing off partial of my abilities, part of the time. I also think its an abrasive condition when you give full PvP PA trees good crit reductions.

/shrug. they just seem so lackluster - had a bunch and decided to try them. They are not too horrible, but the proc conditions could be more friendly IMO. Only really thought of this now that the PvP boxes are giving me a stack of them, never gave them a shot to feedback them at all. I think this would be far more attractive of an option if it just was a classic damage proc. The physical part and crit part makes it biased towards too many souls. Ie. physical damage dealers and ones with more healthy crit talents boosting their abilities. I just wish they would pose a harder choice in my head on which runes to use on my weapons. They are interesting, nothing special though like they seems slated to be.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I don't see what the harm would be in just making them generic damage procs. It would still be a choice of situational burst over higher on average hits. You give up a lot to gain a couple damage procs. It is just wacky feeling because since it's only critical/physical strikes it is biased to only procing off partial of my abilities, part of the time. I also think its an abrasive condition when you give full PvP PA trees good crit reductions.

/shrug. they just seem so lackluster - had a bunch and decided to try them. They are not too horrible, but the proc conditions could be more friendly IMO. Only really thought of this now that the PvP boxes are giving me a stack of them, never gave them a shot to feedback them at all. I think this would be far more attractive of an option if it just was a classic damage proc. The physical part and crit part makes it biased towards too many souls. Ie. physical damage dealers and ones with more healthy crit talents boosting their abilities. I just wish they would pose a harder choice in my head on which runes to use on my weapons. They are interesting, nothing special though like they seems slated to be.
    they are better for specs with high crit rates in wfs. but their is a glitch where sometimes you have to re-equip your weapons once in a wf to get the proc to work. i used them when i did the 5v5 tourny and ran 54 tempest.

Champion of Telara

Do dual wielders get to double dip on these if they are 1h compatible? I remember being able to do so on my Warrior.

If so, I think they need to address that.

@ Nefy: That might be why mine stopped procing. Because I was rolling with them for a while and they weren't really half bad in a spec like Sin where I can crank my crit chance to a base of 25% and certain abilities even higher. But then I was using BD and not seeing *any* procs during the whole 24 of the mega crit temp. Will have to re-try that! Thanks.

Still hope the devs consider the post :/ Because yeah, I liked them...just for stuff like NB or certain moments of BD it really falls short. Just wish it was good for all specs, not favored towards crit oriented ones.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-13-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post

Still hope the devs consider the post :/ Because yeah, I liked them...just for stuff like NB or certain moments of BD it really falls short. Just wish it was good for all specs, not favored towards crit oriented ones.

Did some fun testing on rogue just to see what they are worth wearing for.

They don't seem to proc off ranged attacks? I know they go on melee weapons but, I wasn't sure that implied only melee weapon procs. It very well could though, because I couldn't seem to get anything with ranger and MM.

NB does 0 procing. Sab does very very little. BD does not do much outside of Blade and Soul parity windows. Bard does 0. NB/Sin only gets some procs because crit serrated blades will proc it. They are basically assassin runes for a rogue, and that is if you even want to wear them. They proc gear on people without that reduction PA. But people with reductions - the proc rate does sort of get junky...and considering it is only good with sin. It sort of hurts considering poisons do get a nifty AP contribution bonus.

Just figured the feedback is worth it. I know they took in the feedback to make them rogue usable. I think the items themselves could use further tweaking and that is my take on them after more playing around on my rogue. If they are going to be potentially dropping from boxes I am going to be picking up at least every other day for months to come, I might as well attempt to give feedback on making them not total junk now. Just very lackluster for an item that comes from the chest.

Maybe they will give into our wishes and reduce the time to open Temporal chests from CQ. I got one today...it will be ready to open just before my fresh milk hits the expiration date. Imagine if you bought milk, and couldn't use it until the expiration dates?
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

It was just to keep things fair since they flooded caster boxes with Witchstones and Manastones which are even more awful. They aren't meant to be useful. They're meant to make you pissed off when you see that you just wasted 1800 Warlord marks for something utterly worthless.

+ Reply to Thread