+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By Rgizil
  • 2 Post By Sheo
  • 1 Post By Kittyhawke

Thread: Suggestions to Fix Conquest Steppes

Default Suggestions to Fix Conquest Steppes

Let's be honest here, no one likes steppes

Pugs hate steps, premades hate steps, it's avoided like the plague, there are some things to fix it though

1. Lower Points from 10k to 5k. Matches go on to long, lowering the points will make it better

2. Footholds - increase number of points stolen to 45 and only make the points drop from the highest team, it's stupid that 2 teams can be 2000 points behind and still taking points from each other.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Good ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    2. Footholds - increase number of points stolen to 45 and only make the points drop from the highest team, it's stupid that 2 teams can be 2000 points behind and still taking points from each other.
    I can agree with shortening the "win" threshold to 5,000, however I disagree with increasing the number of points from footholds. If you're trying to make things run faster, subtracting points from teams lengthens the game, and runs counter to your recommendation.

Remove the footholds and you free up personnel who can fight/kill/cap and make things run smoother.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    I can agree with shortening the "win" threshold to 5,000, however I disagree with increasing the number of points from footholds. If you're trying to make things run faster, subtracting points from teams lengthens the game, and runs counter to your recommendation.

Remove the footholds and you free up personnel who can fight/kill/cap and make things run smoother.
    I don't want fast games, I want even games.

Lowering the Points prevents complete blowout matches wasting everyones time

Increasing foothold points gives the games a better chance to be fairer. If both teams are only taking points off the team ahead, then the matches are more likely going to be much closer and more fun then a 8k lead
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Couldn't agree more with OP.

When I thought no lower than stillmoore cq in pvp, trion implemented pure pve steppes.

Make random dream generators, no visible stone carriers on map.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Rift Disciple

Same here, didn't thought they intended to create an even more pve and sooooo premades friendly CQ.
    In EU cluster, game is over after first encounter (100% facing a PM), usual end score 0/0/10K+, <100 kills. I think it's even boring for PM, once they have killed a few pugs, to carry all those stones without any resistance.
    Map is smaller than stillmore and with this big shield on the map, no way to counter PM (which is, and has ever been the real plague in rift pvp).

Increasing foothold points gives the games a better chance to be fairer. If both teams are only taking points off the team ahead, then the matches are more likely going to be much closer and more fun then a 8k lead
    Therein lies the problem, once one team gets ahead, the only one working the footholds is the team ahead. The other teams are avoiding prolonging the game, and the winning team is just increasing their lead. The footholds don't give the other teams a chance, they only serve to ensure that the other teams finish with ZERO points.

Everyone claims they want "even" matches, yet most only run in OP PM's so that they can totally destroy their PUG opponents. That's not even, that's simply contributing to the imbalance.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

When I found out that prophecy prefers steppes, I found out that I too like steppes. They figured out how to always stomp pugs and I figured out how to always beat them. At this point it is just amusing to see them try to win do well.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

Think more prefer fast games, to get it over with. The long drawn out games, really only benefit the pms. So, it is relative if you are on a dominant pms team or not, how long or short you want the match to be.

I use steppes for cq maintenance on alts, unless land on the winning team. And crafting for achivements, other wise. SM is used for leveling alts purposes, unless end up on a team that might win.

Freaking awesome sauce.. lol
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Let's be honest here, no one likes steppes

Pugs hate steps, premades hate steps, it's avoided like the plague, there are some things to fix it though

1. Lower Points from 10k to 5k. Matches go on to long, lowering the points will make it better

These are really good ideas. I couldn't agree with you more

Think they're pretty good ideas as well ! If not that then just delete it lol

make the objectives count for more points. this will allow a team to come from behind as well as shorten the game time. may also have kills count for a point each

also: place the chest at the end in a spot between both forts, surrounded by a moat of lava (10khp/tick dmg) with draw bridges that open and close randomly

and moar fluffy bunnies, unicorns and rainbows
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

Rift Chaser

Couldn't agree more with that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I've said before premades are a necessary evil at times in CQ...not warfronts. If it is truly a "I want 2 play w/my friends brah" then do it in a dimension, do it in open world on Seastone in Stonefield.

If the only way you can get your weeklies and favor farmed is in a premade (talking WF's here) then something is wrong. This is not a fair fight for the other team, ever. Premades and the toxic community drove me away and others. I get it's an MMO, duh however we have an opinion about it and feel it's lame to sit dead in WF's consistently, it's like the other team is cheating in a sense.
    So it's not so lop-sided in most Steppes CQ what about a 5 person party maximum like in warfronts? Then it's significantly more any one's game and you can still play with your "friends".

+ Reply to Thread