+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: So everyone can heal

Default So everyone can heal

I find it refreshing to see new healing options in the game now. I think it was a great idea to give EVERY class an option to heal. However I feel like while we were given the souls and extra heals we lack the added tools needed to adjust the game accordingly.

Given the fact that a large amount of warfronts are grossly over healed and role balance is obviously not a priority to trion, I would like to suggest a few things to adjust to our new "everyone's a healer, and no one will die" environment.

there is nothing more frustrating then doing half a million damage and being the top KBs with a whopping 3.

- Spell lockouts on successful interrupts.
    why? because not only does it reward people for smart game play it also means there is a slightly less healing going around in that black garden where people are /afk with the fang.

I think with the amount of healers per game right now is a great time to add it in and see what it does. where DR is concerned it would need a seperate DR. maybe a 1.5 second lock out or something small.

-Slightly stronger healing debuffs (incoming)
    why incoming heal debuffs? because that's where all your healing is coming from when your target gets to 20% then rofl walks away with full health without a care in the world. It was the 7 healers adjacent to him.

- Think about changing the "DR" system. not that its actually a DR system but more of an immunity system and I personally I hate the current immunity system. But in a game where every class can heal maybe its time to start looking into a actual DR system.

You cant break every expectation of a traditional MMO and then not adjust your game accordingly.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 06-12-2014 at 02:51 PM.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    - Spell lockouts on successful interrupts.
    I stopped reading there. Melee have all the advantages over casters as it is. They don't need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    I stopped reading there. Melee have all the advantages over casters as it is. They don't need more.
    You truly think a 1.5 second lock out is going to murder the viability of casters?

especially since 9/10 melee (warriors) are one button spamming barely above average players right?

I don't remember saying lets only give lockout interrupts to melee either.

currently casters can stand still and cast all day without a worry in the world given today cross healing problems.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 06-12-2014 at 03:05 PM.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

- Think about changing the "DR" system. not that its actually a DR system but more of an immunity system and I personally I hate the current immunity system. But in a game where every class can heal maybe its time to start looking into a actual DR system.
    I don't know why Trion doesn't just copy Wow's current dr system or slightly modified updated one from Warlords expansion.

If you talk to Blizzard devs at all, or even from just observation, you would know that they copy and modify things Trion implement in Rift and put it in their game.

You truly think a 1.5 second lock out is going to murder the viability of casters?
    I love you hansom man Zoar..but yes..it will especially for mages

I think 1.5 seconds is half the time it takes for a Mage to die. As it is casters are borderline non-viable, and with Mage souls moving back toward more casting and less instant-spamming, ability lockouts are a terrible idea. It doesn't matter if you give interrupts with lockouts to casters too, it's a mechanic that only affects casters. Bad enough that kiting is impossible in this game. We just got silences and disarms equalised and you want to bring in a new anti-caster specific mechanic? No thanks.

Burst damage needs to come down across the board so that burst healing can be nerfed, too. So long as TTK is as low as it is healers will need to have a ton of burst-healing potential and cross-healing will be a huge problem. Healing debuffs are a good idea, but they should be actively-applied not passive weapon enchantments or on-crit talents like they used to be.

And yes the lack of a sensible DR system is a travesty. I don't know why they ever changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Division View Post
    I love you hansom man Zoar..but yes..it will especially for mages
    I play a chloro and feel your pain on this one, a change like this might actually warrant a long needed buff to chloro. I mean chloromancer is the ONE exeption to spell lockouts that I truly agree with.

maybe an umminity to lockout buff? I don't know.

lord knows trying to interrupting a pyromancer would be a fun task.

Wait someone in another thread, said range is easy....real men melee... that last part I added...lol
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

lord knows trying to interrupting a pyromancer would be a fun task.
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...er-update.html
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...er-update.html

**** it, let's just be super specific and change all interrupt spells:

Deaden - interrupts. on successful interrupt of damaging spell, debilitates for 1 second. on successful interrupt of beneficial spell, debilitates for 10 seconds.
    ~ | Fiskerton | Fiskermage | Fiskerheals | Fiskerbear | ~

I'm a homeless stray of a raider

I think 1.5 seconds is half the time it takes for a Mage to die. As it is casters are borderline non-viable, and with Mage souls moving back toward more casting and less instant-spamming, ability lockouts are a terrible idea. It doesn't matter if you give interrupts with lockouts to casters too, it's a mechanic that only affects casters. Bad enough that kiting is impossible in this game. We just got silences and disarms equalised and you want to bring in a new anti-caster specific mechanic? No thanks.
    The problem with all of this is how the game has changed in the past 2 weeks. Im not sure how much PvP you have done lately but survivability of any class/soul is kind of out the window right now.

I mean, the new souls are technically new souls still but how long will there be 6 healers per black garden team? I don't want to wait 6 months in boring black gardens where hardly anyone dies to find out.

Like I told Div, chloromancer is the only soul that would be literally ****ed from a spell lockout. they are need every second of every ability to perform. If mages are falling back on casted spells then they need more survivability and more escape utility. and ill be right there fighting for it man.

you have to understand, this thread was made with cross healing in mind, where healing has devolved so much that simply standing in one place and spamming one ability has become the norm.

Burst damage needs to come down across the board so that burst healing can be nerfed, too. So long as TTK is as low as it is healers will need to have a ton of burst-healing potential and cross-healing will be a huge problem. Healing debuffs are a good idea, but they should be actively-applied not passive weapon enchantments or on-crit talents like they used to be.
    im a huge fan of longer TTK. I don't feel like that's going to fix the problem with cross healing. Unless they ad a viable healing received debuff.

also agree with the active application.

And yes the lack of a sensible DR system is a travesty. I don't know why they ever changed it.
    all I know is this is not the same game anymore. Every class can do everything and most are simply rolling healers to fall back on being cross healed to play lazy and not have to be aware of surroundings or CC even.

the current system is do for a change because it does not work as intended with this many healers.

Well this looks like fun.

You have to forgive me, I don't really sympathize with dps casters. From my gaming experience if you roll a caster you learn to CC and fake cast to bait un unwanted interrupts.

I do think caster DPS in this game needs way more viable CC though. Aside from Dom ofcourse.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiskerton View Post
    **** it, let's just be super specific and change all interrupt spells:

Deaden - interrupts. on successful interrupt of damaging spell, debilitates for 1 second. on successful interrupt of beneficial spell, debilitates for 10 seconds.
    You are absolutely correct.10 seconds sounds legit. Thank your for not exaggerating.

Half of a Physician's healing rotation is instant. Defiler's heals are all instant. Sentinel's casts are so fast that they're very difficult to interrupt. Ability lockouts will primarily affect Mages, and Mages are already the most vulnerable class in PvP, Chloro especially. Mages do not contribute to the cross-healing problem at all.

And I've done enough PvP recently (as Pyrochon) to know that without pocket heals I still die extremely quickly to melee classes and that I still can't effectively kite them because of short-CD 30m range charges and uncleansable and passive snares, and that even if I could they do a ton of damage from range (more than I do while moving). Even when they don't interrupt me they melt my face, so having them put ability lockouts on my cast-time spells doesn't seem like a positive change.

Rift Master

Well this looks like fun.

You have to forgive me, I don't really sympathize with dps casters. From my gaming experience if you roll a caster you learn to CC and fake cast to bait un unwanted interrupts.

I do think caster DPS in this game needs way more viable CC though. Aside from Dom ofcourse.
    Bit confused. You admit that aside from dom, mage cc is subpar, yet you don't sympathize with caster dps because they are supposed to use viable cc that they don't have unless they go dom?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast