+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Do you really want to Fix Warfronts? Allow only premades of 3 players

Rift Chaser

no one saying u can't group up with ur friends or guildies. Problem is... Trion really needs to control the amount of premade. 3 seems a good number. Why people creating premade? This is the main talking point. U have ur reasons, i have mine. Some love to play with friends, while others can't afford to lose therefore create a premade. Premade does spoil the atmosphere of rift pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Flair View Post
    As I said before I solo queue in WFs, or at most duo queue, (and always have) and I just don't understand this mindset about premades. How much more hand holding do we need? We already win prizes even if we lose. You don't lose levels, gear, xp or anything. There is already bolstering in place for new 60s to ease the gear gap. There is matchmaking and "blue vs. red" to even out sides.

I have played this game, like many here, since it launched. But I do come and go for periods of time. After having come back from a hiatus when CQ was a fairly new thing, I realized I needed to check it out. I remember going in and seeing people on my team say, "Oh we can't win, that Aquafria guy is running a premade on the other faction." When I understood what that meant, it didn't occur to me to say, "OMG! That's so unfair!" Instead I thought it was pretty smart. Not long after, Styxxey started forming up premades and then RoD came about. That was fun for a while. But the fingerpointing and accusations of cheating kind of soured it. And later, Assistant started rallying up people on the "PUG faction" and leading those people to wins. Different people have come forward to lead and make CQ more organized, I think that was a good thing. CQs where no one wants to lead are a disaster in comparison. Granted, I don't participate in CQ premades anymore, since the politics is a turnoff, but there are still a lot of players enjoying them.

I don't see why warfronts should be any different. Why players should be barred from grouping together if they want to, to improve their experience. You aren't being stopped from employing the same strategy.
    Again, no one is saying do not group together...just be matched against other groups. Think is a median, as before 3 or more last time. Compromise is a bad word, when an advantage would be affected...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Rift Disciple

At least, PM size should scale with current teams size. It's just totally stupid to allow a full 20 man PM raid to enter when each team has less than 2 groups. It's often the case in CQ EU clusters (I've tested both), they're just exploiting to be sure to loot the final chest.

The only time CQ was fun was when they merged both clusters, there was so much people that PM was not a byword of winning (but lag was unbearable).

100% EU CQ are ruined by PM, that's not new, nothing is done at all and there's not any counter to that. Fighting 1vs3 is nothing close to pvp.

It's getting worse everyday as people leave Rift because they have no chance to win a single match, total imbalance. Fun is nowhere outside of the PM (just one PM per cluster rules pvp in EU)

Rift Chaser

ya.. exactly... i too playing much lesser rift than b4. there are 3 fractions, if 2 fractions got premade, the other one will suffer much. Fair? U be the judge.

i don't care about premades TBH but the premades pugs usually go up against are sad. They deliberately queue when no other premades are queuing then epeen about a stomp. You guys know who you are if you are going to premade why wouldn't you try to fight other premades? it's like buying a new game and entering the cheat codes straight away. O well whatever makes you feel good about yourselves i guess.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    i don't care about premades TBH but the premades pugs usually go up against are sad. They deliberately queue when no other premades are queuing then epeen about a stomp. You guys know who you are if you are going to premade why wouldn't you try to fight other premades? it's like buying a new game and entering the cheat codes straight away. O well whatever makes you feel good about yourselves i guess.
    This game doesnt reward people that try to promote competitive or fun atmospheres in PvP.. all the rewards go to the people best at rigging the matches.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenjitamura View Post
    This game doesnt reward people that try to promote competitive or fun atmospheres in PvP.. all the rewards go to the people best at rigging the matches.
    Yeah if stomping pugs in freelancer in a full 5 man myrm is your thing i guess that's your thing. But it's the Epeening and basically loud mouth self love that gets to me. Don't let it stop you tho guys just go for it. Just realise that it's only yourselves that are impressed. I think i have queued more than a duo once in my whole rift experience and that was with 2 freelancers. We got stomped a lot but hey we were having fun. Hell half the time i don't even join raids in CQ i prefer to be solo or duo with my GF.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-20-2014 at 12:49 AM.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

I can see setting up a system where once X number of people are grouped and queue that they enter only a premade queue. That said the number needs to be A LOT more than 3. If the difference between your side winning or losing is 3 people coordinating you are doing something wrong.

That said isn't it better to encourage pugs to coordinate? It's not like you need voice chat. Ultimately what makes a premade win is that they focus down key people. Everyone when they queue gets raid assist and they can chose to say "oh look a healer...let me mark him" or "oh look that guy is a juggernaught and on a rampage let's mark him" etc.

I have always been a bigger fan of asking people to rise to a challenge rather than design things for the lowest common denominator.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

What ever happened to the time where people in this world saw a challenge and met it head on with ideas, hard work, and some teamwork. Now it's just, "mommy daddy little Timmy, Jimmy and Sammy kept working together when we try to play football at school. Sue the school please because playing as a team is no fair."

#everyonegetsatrophy

Champion

Hmm given your signature .. As they say..you would say that. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas . If you cannot see that constant premade stomping is spoiling the game then you will never see it. TRION needs to balance things a bit better and spread the groups. They are loosing people daily. What's going to happen when there are not enough folks for you to stomp? Like playing in a ghost town .. It's getting that way already.

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Hmm given your signature .. As they say..you would say that. Turkey's don't vote for Christmas . If you cannot see that constant premade stomping is spoiling the game then you will never see it. TRION needs to balance things a bit better and spread the groups. They are loosing people daily. What's going to happen when there are not enough folks for you to stomp? Like playing in a ghost town .. It's getting that way already.
    Hey look guys yet another person that assumes I pug stomp PM all the time. Just because you argue a side does not mean you practice it. I'll forgive you though. There are many that believe I'm always in a PM.

#imjustthatstrong

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    Hey look guys yet another person that assumes I pug stomp PM all the time. Just because you argue a side does not mean you practice it. I'll forgive you though. There are many that believe I'm always in a PM.

#imjustthatstrong
    i don't even think it's pug stomping people get the sh*ts with anyway it's bound to happen. It's the cockiness, the I'm so good attitude that goes with most of the premades that pisses people off. i also don't like OMG it's X premade just let them win attitude. Just queue play your best and try give good feedback to the guys you play in the tough games. Best game i have played in the last month.... stack healers i was playing chloro had a million warlords after me and we lost. Was a very different whitefall trying to run and pick up with no one dying. i still enjoyed it, it was even gear even player skill and abiltiy and player should just recognise that. You are kidding yourselves thinking you are beating guys much lower gear easy then epeening it.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

In a PvP community as small as this you could call out the bad premade teams just looking to pug stomp if it wasn't for the forum rules. But i guess thats not going to happen. So all you can do is make them think about even fight recognition like what <godlike awesomeness> do with their tourneys, or maybe Trion actually think about a recognizable ranking system like arena. It's totally even gear even numbers system that would stop most of these issues.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

if people care about cockiness that says more about the person who cares.

My other hobby is bicycle racing. I don't get paid for it if you win or even just get on the podium or the top 5 maybe you get a couple hundred bucks (when you are not in the Cat 1/2 Elite race). Usually its just a swag bag with stuff from local shops, a rave coupons for the local bar, (once I won a couple months worth of growler refills from a brew pub. That was a good prize :-) ) AND bragging rights.

Many people who perceive they put a lot of time and effort into a competitive endevour are going to do it...even if they are sand bagging. I have been in more than a couple races where the Cat 1/2 guys use a lower race as a "warm up"(cyclocross because in the US you are not restricted to racing in you Cat. You get it on the road in just the Masters [read I am getting old] races.) Not only do they win hands down, they still often gloat but they totally mess up the rhytmn and thus have a negative impact on the lower cat race because they push a harder pace. There is nothing you can do to stop it so we just taunt them "yay good for you sand bagger" with some good humor. No sense getting bent over something you have no control over.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    if people care about cockiness that says more about the person who cares.

My other hobby is bicycle racing. I don't get paid for it if you win or even just get on the podium or the top 5 maybe you get a couple hundred bucks (when you are not in the Cat 1/2 Elite race). Usually its just a swag bag with stuff from local shops, a rave coupons for the local bar, (once I won a couple months worth of growler refills from a brew pub. That was a good prize :-) ) AND bragging rights.

Many people who perceive they put a lot of time and effort into a competitive endevour are going to do it...even if they are sand bagging. I have been in more than a couple races where the Cat 1/2 guys use a lower race as a "warm up"(cyclocross because in the US you are not restricted to racing in you Cat. You get it on the road in just the Masters [read I am getting old] races.) Not only do they win hands down, they still often gloat but they totally mess up the rhytmn and thus have a negative impact on the lower cat race because they push a harder pace. There is nothing you can do to stop it so we just taunt them "yay good for you sand bagger" with some good humor. No sense getting bent over something you have no control over.
    I think most of the elite players would agree cockiness and superiority complexes ruin good teams and good raiding guilds. If you have top ended raided in any MMO you would understand that most of the players are modest but if you see that show pony **** they usually are no good for the guild or team.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast