+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Do you really want to Fix Warfronts? Allow only premades of 3 players

Champion

Maybe THEY will review their views given the high numbers of players who have left the game. PVP stomping has been the last straw for many. If they don't change things the player base will diminish even further.

This issue with rift pvp isn't premades, pugs, class balance or gear. But unlike any mmo I have ever seen the vast majority of the player base have no idea how to play well. In both premades and pugs no one rotates cooldowns, assists, kites damage.

How do the devs even create a balanced game when so few people can play well?

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    Maybe THEY will review their views given the high numbers of players who have left the game. PVP stomping has been the last straw for many. If they don't change things the player base will diminish even further.
    That is how the queue system used to work. They had to change it because so many people left the game, not the other way around. The population was in decline for quite some time before they changed to the current queue system. Eventually the premade queue became equivalent to not queuing at all. If they reverted that change, it would go back to that, because people who do premades now are trying to avoid the drawbacks of the new queue system, not because they want to fight other premades. And guess what? Then they'd all be here on the forums threatening to quit like you are now.

P.S. This happens in every game. I got farmed by premades at level 8 in the WildStar beta ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    How do the devs even create a balanced game when so few people can play well?
    They did a pretty terrible job even when the game had a healthy population of good PvPers. That's why the game doesn't have a healthy population of good PvPers. Sadly, the class devs now are a lot better than they were back then, but it's too little, and far too late.
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-17-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    That is how the queue system used to work. They had to change it because so many people left the game, not the other way around. The population was in decline for quite some time before they changed to the current queue system. Eventually the premade queue became equivalent to not queuing at all. If they reverted that change, it would go back to that, because people who do premades now are trying to avoid the drawbacks of the new queue system, not because they want to fight other premades. And guess what? Then they'd all be here on the forums threatening to quit like you are now.

P.S. This happens in every game. I got farmed by premades at level 8 in the WildStar beta ffs.

They did a pretty terrible job even when the game had a healthy population of good PvPers. That's why the game doesn't have a healthy population of good PvPers. Sadly, the class devs now are a lot better than they were back then, but it's too little, and far too late.
    Lets not forget the work around with simultaneous queuing either.

Jeff Goldblum-
    "Nature will find a way."

Do you really want to fix warfronts
    Or do you really want to see them die
    Premade kills really burn me
    Loners left asking why
    Last edited by bitnine; 06-17-2014 at 06:27 PM.

Champion

PVP shards are in decline and have been for sometime. Why? Because folks didn't like being ganked when levelling and therefore chose a PVE shard with its variety of activities that are gank free.

Premade constant farming (eu) is having a detrimental effect. So much so that numbers who play are in decline. You see the same names all the time of an evening. New folks have such a bad experience that they don't return. Unless TRION take their heads out of the sand this part of the game will wither and die. If there is no fun TRION you cash cow will die.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post

So, basically the minority comes and threatens to quit (if it goes back to the old que), because not enough ppl do to avoid long que times...so the majortiy quits instead. Not buying that one.
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    That last statement has been made many times and each time it is shot down by the devs. The last one was Ocho. Wouldn't be a better idea to try to make the system work at this point rather than bang your head against a wall just so you can have some sense of making a difference? I appreciate wanting to improve stuff but when the subject matter has been beat into the ground at some point you have just gotta decide this isn't for me or I'm going to adapt.
    And I remember the lead dev commenting in a live stearm, that ques were seperate because "simply not enough people que for pms" and that subject was beaten through the ground and resurfaced in China, and look where we are now. Not like things don't change with enough feedback, right?

The main differnce, the marjority wanted seperate ques then, as they do now. Easily proven by reverting ques back and you would know the 1st couple of hours.

If pm were the majority, I would not say a word and suck it up. Think others should consider the same curiosity when in the same position. Notice we may be going round and round, I haven't started any of these threads on this subject. And since the majority is being ignored and high turnover, I don't see it going away anytime soon.

be assured that when I see a pmer come in say someone else is trolling or whinning (pretty hypocritical IMHO) I am going to be more vocal.

~Daglar

I have to disagree with this entirely. If you really want to mess with players and actually make it tough for the players exploiting premades you would probably want to increase the number of players who can premade to MAX. 10, 15, 20 for whatever warfront. This way you can get more players carrying each other..

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    And I remember the lead dev commenting in a live stearm, that ques were seperate because "simply not enough people que for pms" and that subject was beaten through the ground and resurfaced in China, and look where we are now. Not like things don't change with enough feedback, right?

The main differnce, the marjority wanted seperate ques then, as they do now. Easily proven by reverting ques back and you would know the 1st couple of hours.

If pm were the majority, I would not say a word and suck it up. Think others should consider the same curiosity when in the same position. Notice we may be going round and round, I haven't started any of these threads on this subject. And since the majority is being ignored and high turnover, I don't see it going away anytime soon.

be assured that when I see a pmer come in say someone else is trolling or whinning (pretty hypocritical IMHO) I am going to be more vocal.
    #keeprollinrollinrollinrollin

I do a fair share of WFs but try to avoid CQ generally though I'm doing some on one char for the marks I need. I like PUGs. To try a jell a team and win. If I do look at peoples gear and see mostly PVE gear I just usually think well expanding the PvP base is good and they'll be gearing up if they stick around a while. Fighting focused PMs all the time will run off starters and newly geared people faster than anything. Who wants to be feed? This has always been a problem TRION can't deal with. They tried PM only Qs which were DOA. I'm not sure the answer but I am fairly confident most PUGs wanta to fight other PUGs. OTOH, why should PMs get special rewards? The challenge should be enough just like for PUGs.
    Last edited by Rheven; 06-18-2014 at 07:20 AM.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I have to disagree with this entirely. If you really want to mess with players and actually make it tough for the players exploiting premades you would probably want to increase the number of players who can premade to MAX. 10, 15, 20 for whatever warfront. This way you can get more players carrying each other..
    So your solution would be to increase the size of PMs so that a simple WF would be a PM of 20 vs 20 random players? Yeah, that seems fair. (not)

Limit WF PMs to a max of 3 people, and require a PM of similar strength on the opposite team before entering. That would even things out while still allowing people to play with their friends.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Limit WF PMs to a max of 3 people, and require a PM of similar strength on the opposite team before entering. That would even things out while still allowing people to play with their friends.
    That's right - both of them.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    PVP shards are in decline and have been for sometime. Why? Because folks didn't like being ganked when levelling and therefore chose a PVE shard with its variety of activities that are gank free.

Premade constant farming (eu) is having a detrimental effect. So much so that numbers who play are in decline. You see the same names all the time of an evening. New folks have such a bad experience that they don't return. Unless TRION take their heads out of the sand this part of the game will wither and die. If there is no fun TRION you cash cow will die.
    Conquest is pretty much only a premade vs pug in the EU. for WFs, it is very rare to encounter a premade when I play, mostly 7pm - midnight time slot.

That being said, the premades lose 40% of the time probably in CQ that I am pugging in. If a decent leader steps up, the CQ is competitive, even if vs a good premade. Does definitely not guarantee a win, nor does it make it any less fun, because they really just are not fun period.
    Last edited by Tomthebomb; 06-18-2014 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheven View Post
    I do a fair share of WFs but try to avoid CQ generally though I'm doing some on one char for the marks I need. I like PUGs. To try a jell a team and win. If I do look at peoples gear and see mostly PVE gear I just usually think well expanding the PvP base is good and they'll be gearing up if they stick around a while. Fighting focused PMs all the time will run off starters and newly geared people faster than anything. Who wants to be feed? This has always been a problem TRION can't deal with. They tried PM only Qs which were DOA. I'm not sure the answer but I am fairly confident most PUGs wanta to fight other PUGs. OTOH, why should PMs get special rewards? The challenge should be enough just like for PUGs.
    Wasn't too bad at one with CQ pms, PuGs had WFs. Now 2 things changed for CQ pms and my views...1) pms can now farm PuGs in WFs, so we it in both...no escape option and 2) rics being add at the end of CQ for the AoE zerg fest. Just wish a median can be come to, for both groups.
    Last edited by Lords0fpain; 06-18-2014 at 10:23 AM.

~Daglar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast