+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DAGLAR:Get rid of conquest power

Default DAGLAR:Get rid of conquest power

I know you have posted about this before. Either get rid of conquest power or increase the amount you get in CQ especially Steppes. Took 2 weeks to get from 80k to 180k on my mage playing 7-8 conquests a day. Have been doing the warrior for a week now and only just hit 50k from 0k. It's such a massive disadvantage not having conquest power and for any returning players it's a massive deterrent. Yes I understand it is easy to maintain once you have it but anyone new to 60 or returning players miss out. The gear difference is hard enough for new 60's without conquest power added.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

I would like to see it shared among characters like PA is.

I would like to see CQ power shared among alts, but increase the decay rate.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    Yeah how about no? Conquest is what kills this game. I'm sorry small amounts of people fail at all aspects of this game and hide in CQ all day, but Trion would profit and increase the player base if it never existed.

Who the hell wants to be punished for taking a break from a video game?? Who the hell wants to be punished for playing more than 1 character??

Some people have real life careers bro, called going outside. Remove CQ get rid of the buffs that are not needed, give pve raiders who want it for w/e progression they do in some other way.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    Yeah I didn't expect any other response from a PM CQ player. You got your conquest power. It gives you an edge over new/returning players. But you would like to see it change to benefit you more when you play an alt. Seems like you want them to cater for you and you alone. I'm sure if they added pve raid power forcing you to raid to be competitive you would be changing your tune.
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-11-2014 at 11:32 PM.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    Yeah I didn't expect any other response from a PM CQ player. You got your conquest power. It gives you an edge over new/returning players. But you would like to see it change to benefit you more when you play an alt. Seems like you want them to cater for you and you alone. I'm sure if they added pve raid power forcing you to raid to be competitive you would be changing your tune.
    Once you have CQ power maxed you need to enter CQ for 5 minutes a week.

It's nothing like as bad as it used to be.

SNIP
    I think that was an misinterpreted conclusion. They said that is what would matter more to them in their game play. Which makes sense because they are not a new or returning player. There current headache is logging in all their alts every day, with the conquest cool down that is tough to schedule or building it up on alts. That is their headache for their game at this time. Different people have different headaches with conquest power for different reasons. The take home message is that there are too many players headached by conquest, no matter what specifically about CQ power is causing it.

There also was a post a while back that hasn't been brought up much about CQ from daglar about his ideas with CQ power. The take home message was they dont like it either. And what incentives could they use to entice the player base to play, without making it critical for those that absolutely dont want to do CQ.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post

There also was a post a while back that hasn't been brought up much about CQ from daglar about his ideas with CQ power. The take home message was they dont like it either. And what incentives could they use to entice the player base to play, without making it critical for those that absolutely dont want to do CQ.
    RIC.
    The fastest way to farm favor.
    The fastest way to farm prestige.
    Marks of Conquest for BiS gear.

It looks like there are other incentives already.

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post

Maybe you should read the OP. I never said anything about maintaining it.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Maybe you should read the OP. I never said anything about maintaining it.
    **** never got the edit in in time. For me personally I didn't care about having to grind it originally. But I have already done it on 2 toons and maintained it for a long time. Now with a break the decay just smashed me. But think of guys in blues and greens coming up through the ranks and no conquest power.
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post

what about those of us who cannot play for days or even weeks away at a time?

nothing is more tedious than grinding back CQ power, especially on EU cluster, since every other match will be Steppes and you wont get a single CQ power unless you are on the premade.

i have 3 toons, one is at 140k, the others are at 50k and 41k resp. i had nearly full CQ on all, then i went away for a couple of weeks, and came back to near zero CQ power. 2 weeks of hard grinding and im at this stage. I'd prefer not having to grind CQ, its irksome, bothersome and NOT FUN.

do you get it? its NOT FUN. its as much fun as stubbing your toe, or extracting a tooth or slashing your wrists.

If warfronts gave me CQ power, i'd gladly do them, as atleast i get to kill some people on equal footing (maybe 2 kills per wf on a good day, with the current healing situation)!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I think that was an misinterpreted conclusion. They said that is what would matter more to them in their game play. Which makes sense because they are not a new or returning player. There current headache is logging in all their alts every day, with the conquest cool down that is tough to schedule or building it up on alts. That is their headache for their game at this time. Different people have different headaches with conquest power for different reasons. The take home message is that there are too many players headached by conquest, no matter what specifically about CQ power is causing it.

I did prolly jump to conclusions but by adding in to decrease decay just hurts people other than himself
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    what about those of us who cannot play for days or even weeks away at a time?

nothing is more tedious than grinding back CQ power, especially on EU cluster, since every other match will be Steppes and you wont get a single CQ power unless you are on the premade.

i have 3 toons, one is at 140k, the others are at 50k and 41k resp. i had nearly full CQ on all, then i went away for a couple of weeks, and came back to near zero CQ power. 2 weeks of hard grinding and im at this stage. I'd prefer not having to grind CQ, its irksome, bothersome and NOT FUN.

do you get it? its NOT FUN. its as much fun as stubbing your toe, or extracting a tooth or slashing your wrists.

If warfronts gave me CQ power, i'd gladly do them, as atleast i get to kill some people on equal footing (maybe 2 kills per wf on a good day, with the current healing situation)!!!
    You make the mistake of thinking I enjoy Conquest. I can not stand it and i dont grind it.

What it boils down to is that CQ power is NOT necessary. You do not NEED it.

I simply did CQ when i could face doing it and eventually it was maxed. Then its pretty easy to maintain. If i can not get online and it decays, so what... it'll be back to max eventually.

Rift Chaser

Are you in a guild? Just have the resident guild PvPer or anyone really, tell you in guildchat that the CQ timer is running. Join for 3 minutes, and win or lose you get a TON of CQ points if I remember right.

But yeah, I wish the decay didn't happen, I don't like losing progress if I go on vacation.
    Matryarch <FoH>
    Manabane
    Derpwood Server
    - A True PVPer has more fun losing 95-100 than winning 100-1

Dimension power is the new big thing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast