+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DAGLAR:Get rid of conquest power

Daglar stated yesterday it's going away in 3.0, suck it up until then.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lothi View Post
    Because "gear maintenance" is essential part of any MMO. The alternative would be making you re-earn your character's upgrades at much shorter intervals.
    Gear maintenance has always been an annoying feature of MMOs and a classic case of trading fun for "realism" in games. Designers usually minimize the annoyance by simplifying the repair process to something like "pay gold to this NPC to repair your gear after you die X amount of times and/or spend X amount of hours in combat".

RIFT already has this with Soul Mending, which they smartly made extremely convenient with a summonable NPC.

Now, even if you consider the CQ power decay to be a "gear maintenance" mechanic, it is significantly more time consuming and annoying than Soul Mending, ESPECIALLY if you go inactive long enough to decay down to 0. Decaying down to zero is the equivalent of losing an entire piece of gear, or downgrading your weapon by one tier. It is HUGELY punishing to returning players - precisely the people that RIFT needs to welcome back after getting tired of other games or dealing with real life stuff.

In terms of positive things that people could actually LIKE about the CQ power decay... it does artificially inflate the number of players who join Conquest, which Trion might like since they can claim to their stakeholders that X amount of players play this game. But for the actual players... nope. Players are indifferent to it at best and despise it at worst.
    Garbageday - mediocre Cleric Tank / Raid Lead for -Vendetta- (Greybriar) - 4/4 Rhen of Fate, 4/5 Mount Sharax

GDAAAY NOOOOO

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ginc View Post
    Players are indifferent to it at best and despise it at worst.
    Despise is such a polite word. No, i hate CQ with the burning fury of a thousand exploding suns.

I enjoy Stillmoor CQ for the most part even though I never get a RIC when we win.

I hate Steppes CQ. I don't see how the devs don't realize it is broken.

There are already too many currencies in this game, so I am loathe to suggest adding yet another currency. But perhaps if there was a consolidated PvP currency, CQ could just award that, as could warfronts, PvP rifts and open world PvP quests so that players could choose how to gain their PvP goodies.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Qillyu View Post
    I enjoy Stillmoor CQ for the most part even though I never get a RIC when we win.

I hate Steppes CQ. I don't see how the devs don't realize it is broken.
    Stillmoor is infintely more bearable than the pile of smoking -redacted- that is steppes CQ.
    atleast you can take over an extractor with just 2 ppl (normal CQ faction population during off hours)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    I'll gladly reply to this subject.

CQ power is going away in the long term. In the short term it is here.

There might be a number 3 associated with when CQ power and its associated perks go away.

~Daglar
    While it is here till 3.0 will you make it account wide?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5