+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DAGLAR:Get rid of conquest power

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xamot View Post
    Well that makes sense being that CQ power is for the core player and not the casuals.
    It's like suggesting getting a full time paycheck when you are flipping burgers on the weekends. Does that sound logical in any shape or form?
    are you seriously trying to be elitist here or you are just fishing for bites?

I said it in Daglar's original thread and I'll say it again: get rid of conquest power!

Others have pointed out that there are already numerous incentives to queue for CQ (lots of favor/prestige, marks, chest loot).

According to these forums there are even people that actually like CQ as a game mode. They would still continue to play it even if some of the rewards were lessened. Just don't touch the chest and continue to allow pm's, amirite?

Replace Conquest power with Forum Power.

Forum power is accumulated from each infraction, "like" and the number of times wrastion writes an angry wall of text no one reads to respond to your posts.

Make CQ power account bound (like PA)

Make CQ power work only in PvP

PvE players do not need CQ power.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by DriftinARift View Post
    Yeah how about no? Conquest is what kills this game. I'm sorry small amounts of people fail at all aspects of this game and hide in CQ all day, but Trion would profit and increase the player base if it never existed.

Who the hell wants to be punished for taking a break from a video game?? Who the hell wants to be punished for playing more than 1 character??

Some people have real life careers bro, called going outside. Remove CQ get rid of the buffs that are not needed, give pve raiders who want it for w/e progression they do in some other way.
    Exaggerate much?

Saying CQ is killing this game is like saying Instant Adventures are killing this game.

People don't "hide" in CQ all day long. Some people are rather proud of how they do in CQ.

No one wants to be punished for taking a break from a video game. The 2 day decay was ridiculous. One week is plenty. I am in favor of account wide CQ Power though. I don't think it hurts anything. You still need to play CQ on all your toons for the marks anyway.

You actually don't need CQ power for any PvE progression. There's nothing in the game that's going to require that extra bit of AP/SP. The extra health is possible via pots/sourcewells/runes. It's more for DPS min/maxers. Good players will top the parse regardless of their CQ power.

I vote no.

we need pve n00b straglers to feed on

kk thx bye
    AXAZE 70/R100 Clerc
    XITH 70/R100 Warrior
    REVELER 70/R100 Rog
    ZAXA 70/R100 finger waggler

cq is the reason i left after 2.5+ years of playing and red teir loyalty, the new grind for bis gear through only that god awful content was the last draw. Tried coming back because ESO is terrible but just cant do it. play a few wfs then log in anger. this game just went so south with the introduction of CQ and all the musts for playing it.
    Last edited by dday; 06-12-2014 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    you dont need CQ power like you dont need relic myrmidion gear.
    if you dont need stat boosts like CQ power, why not just equip random gear and get bolstered and let pvp decided by skill alone?
    Skill or even earning the BiS gearn is now nonexistent, it is an rng chest and how lucky you are...
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    I dont have Relic pvp gear so no, you dont need it. Nice to have if you can be bothered to grind it but needed.... nope.

You get 100k CQ power the first time you enter, all you have to do is maintain it and it will build. If you dont want to, like i said, you dont need it. Things may take longer but dont mistake convenience and speed for need.
    Well it's clear that if you think gear is unnecessary in Rift we're never going to agree on this.

I had 200k CQ power btw. I quit playing for a while because I was finishing my master's. I don't get a free 100k. I play with 0 CQ power. That lost favour gain is very, very noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Replace Conquest power with Forum Power.

Forum power is accumulated from each infraction, "like" and the number of times wrastion writes an angry wall of text no one reads to respond to your posts.
    omg yesssssss best idea i've ever seen

Do you really expect a reply from Daglar concerning this subject?

This is godknows which post regarding the same subject PvP in the last 5 months (what i saw).

I dont like to quote GM's but " If you don't like it, don't play it ".

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #41
    Rift Team

I'll gladly reply to this subject.

CQ power is going away in the long term. In the short term it is here.

There might be a number 3 associated with when CQ power and its associated perks go away.

~Daglar

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

There might be a number 3 associated with when CQ power and its associated perks go away.

~Daglar
    Please let me keep my run/mount speed buffs! You can have the rest of the perks.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Cq power isn't even the biggest issue it's all bis gear and fastest favor and prestige grind all coming from cq
    Last edited by dday; 06-12-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dday View Post
    Cq power isn't even the biggest issue it's all bis gear and fastest favor and prestige grind all coming from cq
    I disagree. My work towards that doesnt suddenly dissapear if I choose to go on vacation to the bahamas. It's still right there where I left it when I get back.
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Xenoheart View Post
    I disagree. My work towards that doesnt suddenly dissapear if I choose to go on vacation to the bahamas. It's still right there where I left it when I get back.
    Except it's the only way to get bis gear in some cases. Believe it or not a large group of players hate cq. Making it the best for all things pvp gear wise is a slap in the face. Make one pvp currency and let the players decide what content they want to do

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast