+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: DAGLAR:Get rid of conquest power

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    What it boils down to is that CQ power is NOT necessary. You do not NEED it.
    you dont need CQ power like you dont need relic myrmidion gear.
    if you dont need stat boosts like CQ power, why not just equip random gear and get bolstered and let pvp decided by skill alone?

yeah 18% favour gain increase is totally unnecessary

i mean it only costs what, 6 million? favour to upgrade a set of myrm to relics.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    you dont need CQ power like you dont need relic myrmidion gear.
    if you dont need stat boosts like CQ power, why not just equip random gear and get bolstered and let pvp decided by skill alone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    yeah 18% favour gain increase is totally unnecessary

i mean it only costs what, 6 million? favour to upgrade a set of myrm to relics.

I dont have Relic pvp gear so no, you dont need it. Nice to have if you can be bothered to grind it but needed.... nope.

You get 100k CQ power the first time you enter, all you have to do is maintain it and it will build. If you dont want to, like i said, you dont need it. Things may take longer but dont mistake convenience and speed for need.

Ascendant

The max CQ power just needs to be lowered.

Most of the issues with CQ power stem from the ungodly amount of grinding it requires to get back to max.

Quote Originally Posted by deathstormer View Post
    I know you have posted about this before. Either get rid of conquest power or increase the amount you get in CQ especially Steppes. Took 2 weeks to get from 80k to 180k on my mage playing 7-8 conquests a day. Have been doing the warrior for a week now and only just hit 50k from 0k. It's such a massive disadvantage not having conquest power and for any returning players it's a massive deterrent. Yes I understand it is easy to maintain once you have it but anyone new to 60 or returning players miss out. The gear difference is hard enough for new 60's without conquest power added.
    Not going to have faith another thread by a player will change it...after he ignored the results of the one he started. Even with the strong arm tactics of either/or, instead of taking the good ideas being submitted. But, normally feel you should offer suggestions when pointing out things you don't like, any other time....wonder why?
    "There are other aspects of the game that we want you to engage in."

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    The max CQ power just needs to be lowered.

Most of the issues with CQ power stem from the ungodly amount of grinding it requires to get back to max.
    I would even settle for account bound.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Once you have CQ power maxed you need to enter CQ for 5 minutes a week.

It's nothing like as bad as it used to be.
    This.

The game introduces a way for you to boost stats and increase favor gains and players complain. They refuse to see it for what it is and demand that it be changed, or in the case, removed. Screw every single player out there that earned the incentives and has no issue maintaining them and appreciates the stat boosts on top of what their gear provides. Yes, let us demand a nerf for ourselves, the entire player base, and remove it. Meanwhile, anybody who disagrees gets insulted.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    I would even settle for account bound.
    I brought this up earlier, only I called it "shared among alts." Because this crowd is preconditioned to argue, they misinterpreted it to think I meant something more difficult.

Long story short, I agree.

~Cheers

Predict

Add another vote in for making it account bound.
    If you have to ask...you don't need to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    This.

The game introduces a way for you to boost stats and increase favor gains and players complain. They refuse to see it for what it is and demand that it be changed, or in the case, removed. Screw every single player out there that earned the incentives and has no issue maintaining them and appreciates the stat boosts on top of what their gear provides. Yes, let us demand a nerf for ourselves, the entire player base, and remove it. Meanwhile, anybody who disagrees gets insulted.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    my view on any decay mechanism, is it probably is not good or well liked content and players must be forced to participate or lose something they already earned, for not doing it.

in cq, it already has enough incentive (even for the majority that do not like it) to still go in it. Both have there own reasons, sm is presitage, favor and kills. Infinity is crafting, IS and a chance to actually get to loot the chest on the win. Not mention, kills are still there at end with infinity, you just have to go to the other base to get them...lol

~Daglar

Default Melting Point 3.0 will make or break Rift

Conquest power only decays weekly; it can't be that hard to retain it, but yeah it is annoying to go in conquest in the first place, especially if you detest it. You should've all realized when it comes to pvp content, priority #1 is profit and priority #2 is more profit. The games transition to f2p was the end of quality pvp content truly aimed for players. The devs mindset to this situation is since the game is f2p more players will keep joining, so losing some players is no biggie. There will always be some loyal players and in this instance people who don't mind zergy (hidden elements of the classic korean mmo grind) p2w rng pvp content. Rift may be better if the level grind was harder, in this instance because you can't fully enjoy the beginning content especially the low level zones since you level to fast.

This past year the highlight would have to be the worst conquest map. The pvp community waited ages for it (was hyped even) and it turned out to be a piece of ****. Seriously Stillmoor is so much better and I thought the design was repetitive, unskilled zerg combat and horrible pve. I guess people should of realized when they didn't bother trying to make Stillmoor better. I believe if pvp mechanics were as developed as raid mechanics then damm! pvp would be so much more exciting. But hey we don't give a **** profit comes first!

If people stopped playing pvp at a certain threshold of the total active player base, then there may be some action taken. It may be a good idea to put Rift 2 in development sooner then later. Learn a thing or 2 from Wildstar about non-tab targeting combat and active dodging because Rifts reputation at the moment is a failed wow clone. Wow was a revolutionary mmo at its time, and many people who have played it for a long time tend have become very loyal players.

If the devs were smart, they would seriously promote player created content more then it already is. We all know that since will never be a pvp dev; at least exploit the current players who still play this game, and who are enthusiastic, to make the game more exciting and better for everyone.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    This.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    forced content is forced content no matter how insignificant it is
    and conquest is bad forced content

Whenever I log onto one of my alts thinking I could gear it a bit I look at my CQ power and remember why I don't bother. Keeping it up is one thing but grinding 200k is ******ed.

Heck even with 100k bonus its stupid. The only reason why my cleric alt has it is that I got the free 100k just before we got another 100k free removing the grind completely...

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    what about those of us who cannot play for days or even weeks away at a time?

Well that makes sense being that CQ power is for the core player and not the casuals.
    It's like suggesting getting a full time paycheck when you are flipping burgers on the weekends. Does that sound logical in any shape or form?

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

not only has trion gated PVP in terms of gear, now they want to gate it in terms of time as well?

the argument all comes down to one thing : lazy idiots with nothing to do sit in CQ all day and get up their CQ power, favor, prestige, while people who cant/wont do that have a DISTINCT disadvantage, no matter what they do.

we are being forced to play something which we donot like. Trion seriously needs to re-think exactly what they want from conquest. this ******** has gone on long enough.

TL;DR : if you support conquest, you are a horrible person who is ruining the game for others.

Also, dont even get me started on the amount of bugs CQ has. CQ ticks not being awarded, not geting rewards at the end of CQ. you put in ticket, and the standard reply : you were afk, is spit back at you.

i say this in the strongest possible words : f*ck conquest power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast