+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: PUG's need your help...for just 50 lines of code a day, you too can help....

Quote Originally Posted by Pett View Post
    Theres a fine line between genius and insanity
    Don't I know it. My intellect came paired with manic-depression. I'd just as soon not have both, but that's how it goes lol. And yeah I've met some savants and absurdly intelligent autistics; they often get unbelievable focus and logical abilities and absolutely 0 emotional intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Tohrid View Post
    It was way before your time but this community actually attempted to actively help new players. Problem was they either never sought help or, when approached, immediately reacted as if they were too good to take advice. We had set up an array of experienced members and provided them on the forums to help new people and nothing happened because people are too prideful.
    This is pretty much where I'm at. I tried for a long time sending people tells in-game when I saw them using bad specs, when I saw them using the wrong buffs, when I saw their buffs were purged and they hadn't re-applied them, etc. Almost without failure I would get a "**** you it's a free country!!" reply and an ignore. It gets old after a while and you just stop offering. I just don't understand the mentality that causes people to queue for PvP but refuse to try to adapt or improve so that they can actually... win.

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    There have times I've been polite (I know, shocking...) and made suggestions that are typically found in successful wf matches and I am almost always met with belligerency from the lower-geared. I think that's why no one tries to correct pugs or when they do, they do it in a rude manner.
    i had the overwhelming majority of 1-29 chat try to tell me tanks are viable in warfronts and healers should be healing them instead of dps, it's a losing battle with the younger rift generation

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    Oh I wasn't really meaning to claim to be a genius, but it seems I did lol. I don't really ascribe the word any specific definition; genius is an abstraction more than a quantifiable quality so I use it lightly. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

As far as I know that's wrong, though. 160 is 4 standard deviations out, which is exceedingly rare, a tiny fraction of a percent of the population. I think genius is more common than that. IQs aren't great as a sole measure anyhow; I think I read in one of Richard Feynman's books that he had an IQ of 120, and anyone who has read one of his books knows how funny that is.
    true genius is indeed exceedingly rare, but we also have a very large population. and Feynman would be one of those Nobel prize winners I mentioned with an IQ below 160.

Theres a fine line between genius and insanity
    I often compare it to a computers CPU. if its overclocked you'll get superior performance, but its stability will be compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Anyone would think that it takes 20 minutes to run from bridge to church and vice-versa.

I have said in Scion before to ignore the bridge and i'll do it again.

It scores you no points. You only need the respawn point if you lack healing, otherwise its not exactly a marathon to get back. Holding bridge is useful, its not a priority and you can easily win without it by attacking the bridge from the church side giving runners free access to church. If the opposing team attacks from church side holding it can actually be a dis-advantage because you are then blocked from church unless you run through them.

Priority number 1 in scion should always be taking the enemy idols down as soon as possible. Get dragon on the way and drag it with you to the first idol. Kill the champion then on to 2nd idol. It is the fastest way to get the first 200+ points on the board.

Then start worrying about church - they will have bridge so you go around the back to get to it. NEVER attack bridge from the dragon side - If you are controlling church and someone manages to ninja the dragon spawn sourcestone keep it. Do not return it, keep it and you cut off the other teams scoring entirely. A lot of the time you can still get church boss too as a lot seem to ignore it.

If you cannot get control of the church (or more accurately, the area between bridge and church) attack the other teams boss - it will draw them out and stop them scoring if you kill the runners.
    Perfect! I have a macro to explain an abbreviated version of this before each match. This however, is not only what should be done every Scion, but why. So many times I'm responded to with "why? The kills are at the bridge!" As if in Scion kills are worth anything. As if in any warfront or CQ the objective is kills.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4