Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: trion, attention needed

Default trion, attention needed

i count 9 threads n 1 locked full of posts asking for physician fix. each thread has 6 or 20 pages. means that many people come here to petition about how op n broken physician is. instead of playing rift. this gives an idea about how broken they r.
    fix op phy please n we can go back to pvp. r u even doin sth?

Just cause a commercial says 9/10 doctors agree doesn't make it right. Maybe that 1 doctor was actually the one smart doctor of the 10 they asked.

Mass opinion != truth

I know, logical fallacies aren't something commonly brought up here, pardon it.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Chaser

to TS, If physician isn't broken in PVE, why should they care? This is a PVE orientated game, anything regarding PVP isn't their job to fix. U dun like it? Tat's ur problem. This is a HARD MESSAGE shown to the players. Well, either u live with it or u leave.

Ascendant

Not really, many changes have been done to souls specifically due to PvP.
    TO suggest Trion does not at all consider PvP is terribly disingenuous.
    As for the issue of Physician, the concern I have is simply that you cannot starve a Physician as you may starve any other healer.

There are ways to counter healers trying to regen mana, it is much harder to counter a Physician's energy pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    sometimes i feel like the whole forum has me on ignore

it might be time for another buff pyro thread

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Just cause a commercial says 9/10 doctors agree doesn't make it right. Maybe that 1 doctor was actually the one smart doctor of the 10 they asked.

Mass opinion != truth

customer is always right is another.
    which is right. since they fund games n wanna be happy w what they get.
    Last edited by Furina; 06-10-2014 at 12:13 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Furina View Post
    customer is always right is another.
    Businesses would die if anyone listened to the mass majority of their customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickede View Post
    please just stop posting your misinformation here
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickede
    how often you "snipe heals" is also important

i count 9 threads n 1 locked full of posts asking for physician fix. each thread has 6 or 20 pages. means that many people come here to petition about how op n broken physician is. instead of playing rift. this gives an idea about how broken they r.
    fix op phy please n we can go back to pvp. r u even doin sth?
    Refer to :
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post4815196

/Sigh
    I keel Em Too Fast !

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    i did. made no sense tbh. guess you have a point.
    /sigh

Quote Originally Posted by Zetsuu View Post
    Believe it or not the class devs aren't 1990s-era AI programs and can distinguish between legitimate, reasoned criticism and unfounded whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Katosu View Post
    Businesses would die if anyone listened to the mass majority of their customers.
    yeah, not like every business tries to create products for common use. ie iphone. it sure is specialty hardware.

businesses would die if they delivered faulty products conflicting with customer needs n wants. doesnt matter if a vocal minority supports them. right now i see maybe 10-20 people for phy, and 200ish people against. which would you choose if you were to pay your bills with the money they pay?

businesses would die if they delivered faulty products conflicting with customer needs n wants.
    http://www.biblio.com/unsafe-at-any-...lph/work/73500

that sure put a stop to GM didn't i-

oh wait http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/03/bu...l-crashes.html

do you know what a mortgage-backed security is?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    to TS, If physician isn't broken in PVE, why should they care? This is a PVE orientated game, anything regarding PVP isn't their job to fix. U dun like it? Tat's ur problem. This is a HARD MESSAGE shown to the players. Well, either u live with it or u leave.
    Truer words have never been spoken, which is why I laugh at anyone who still plays this game for PvP (sorry, to my peeps out there, but please leave this game already).

Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    Truer words have never been spoken, which is why I laugh at anyone who still plays this game for PvP (sorry, to my peeps out there, but please leave this game already).
    qft. /10char
    playing rift pvp makes no sense after new soul pack tbh

Pvp will never be balanced; unless the devs either lock specs upon entering a wf or implement pvp souls which all classes have access to. Considering Rifts current state of pvp, it would be fair to say there would need to be multiple pvp devs who know the ins and outs of every soul, regarding pvp, to fix the current mess. For pvp to have true competitive spirit is indeed very difficult, and the way I see impossible without a significant investment and well thought out plan (so far there are 0 pvp devs). What would most people normally look for pvp in a game? my answer is intensity (correlating to the community), excitement (what happens next being "unpredictable") and thrill (corresponding to in-depth victories and content).

Tl;dr: Simply put, for pvp content to be truly engaging, there needs to be an unlistable amount of goals until you reach the top, otherwise retaining that position. However, it has already been talked that as much Daglar wanted to make the game into to an esport, even when the game was in it's prime, there weren't enough resources. I guess that's why pvp was abandoned and took the casual approach. This was really a bad mistake on their part, good pvp is vital in any mmo.

It seems most people are only complaining about physician because they never run out of energy, thus being op compared to the prominent cleric healing souls. If so why isn't it possible to change from energy to mana for all healing souls?
    Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    My thoughts exactly.

Pvp has already been at the back burner for a very long time, and this is explicitly shown by recently going nearly completely p2w. Personally I doubt there would be any drastic changes to in 3.0. I believe since pvp isn't necessary balanced nor competitive, it would be better that the level cap gets increased more regularly. This would be far more interesting then aiming for broken rng loot for progression. I seriously don't get why the level cap has not been changed sooner then later, it is so easy to level in Rift. The best thing the devs did for pvp, being truly engaging, was the proactive forum pvp. After all, there are so many imperfections in the game that can be easily debated over with. This great forum pvp unfortunately comes at exchange of the morale of the community.
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast