+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Planetx
  • 2 Post By Ianto Jones
  • 4 Post By Tookmyjob

Thread: PvP is the most balanced it has been ever!

Prophet of Telara

Default PvP is the most balanced it has been ever!

Just want to thank Trion for making pvp actually more balanced and competitive overall. I am getting into less faceroll warfronts because of lack of healers plus have more opportunity to experience my Mage class without being strapped to chloro healing for nearly 100% of the time
    Last edited by Planetx; 06-09-2014 at 11:21 AM.

hi you must be new here

Plane Touched

The biggest imbalance in PvP right now is gear. As you acquire better gear your perception of the problem diminishes because you aren't at the bottom any more.

Ask someone in Freelancer gear fighting someone in Myrm Relic gear how balanced pvp is.

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post
    The biggest imbalance in PvP right now is gear. As you acquire better gear your perception of the problem diminishes because you aren't at the bottom any more.

Ask someone in Freelancer gear fighting someone in Myrm Relic gear how balanced pvp is.
    hi you must be new here too

edit- actually that's BS, gear disparities are probably almost as bad as they used to be before normalisation
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 06-09-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Just want to thank Trion for making pvp actually more balanced and competitive overall. I am getting into less faceroll warfronts because of lack of healers plus have more opportunity to experience my Mage class without being strapped to chloro healing for nearly 100% of the time
    Idk if you're trolling or not, but I actually agree for the most part. I don't play a cookie cutter spec (61 Druid/11 Just/4 Ward) but I still get plenty of kills both 1v1 and in groups and there are only a few souls that seem to have a huge advantage over me. I don't know much about Rift's balance in the past, but this might be the most balanced game I've played aside from Guild Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Baian View Post

This is an MMO. They signed up for it. The time is no strenuous or overly long that is required to start being on par with the average competitor. I guess now we have to add in the clause of pay to win style players but typically, nobody ended up in every slot with leet gear and a bundle of worthy specs in a week. I've started fresh toons mid progression when many people had higher gear than me. It just isn't the nightmare people make it out to be.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

The difference between freelancer and relic myrm isnt that big. If you have the same amount of PA, Orbs, Runes and Essences you wont notice that big difference as valor is the same for everybody.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Ascendant

Everyone is equally unable to die.

The new souls did help to balance the warfronts in general but that was after a strong effort of them to make imbalanced gear grinds through rng and i still think that trinket needs to be removed from pvp. The one with the absorbs. It really is Extremely powerful and TTK can go a bit out of line when healers and tanks have it. Overall I would say it is better balance than the last 2 years.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 06-09-2014 at 06:22 PM.

i LOLed. loving our phy r we?

Rift Disciple

cant tell if serious

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    The difference between freelancer and relic myrm isnt that big. If you have the same amount of PA, Orbs, Runes and Essences you wont notice that big difference as valor is the same for everybody.
    yeah, 20% moar dps...

who needs it.

Quote Originally Posted by pukemonster View Post
    yeah, 20% moar dps...

who needs it.
    Yea, that ~35% higher health pool is rubbish as well.

+ Reply to Thread