+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By SpellwarriorX

Thread: Please reduce cooldown or just remove temporal conquest cores all together.

Telaran

Default Please reduce cooldown or just remove temporal conquest cores all together.

Seriously.. 12 days to open a box that 95% of the time holds some garbage blue item that vendors for a platinum? I'm so tired of getting these in conquest. I would rather get infinity stones or more conquest marks. The sheer thought anyone actually spends credits on those aligners is lunacy. It would take 3600 gems to unlock that chest on day one. That's about $25 US dollars to get a piece of garbage. It's not even worth it. Even IF you were to get the epic loot from a random expert dungeon boss, the loot isn't even worth the cooldown time. You might as well just run the dungeon for the item you want. It's a whole lot more lucrative. You'll gain more than just one item, you'll gain experience and planar attunement xp etc etc.

It's not often you actually win conquest. I find I will get maybe 2 wins a week on average. It would be nice when you DO win that you actually get something of worth from the conquest chest. It's almost a slap in the face when you get a conquest core after a long hour or so in cq. Wasn't the change to the last boss of an expert to only drop epic loot done for a reason? People got tired of running experts for crappy blues and wanted some guaranteed worth for the effort and time they put in to run the dungeon. Give CQ the same thing. I would rather see conquest cores removed completely imo. At least then I would get Infinity Stones or something I can actually use.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvos View Post
    Seriously.. 12 days to open a box that 95% of the time holds some garbage blue item that vendors for a platinum? I'm so tired of getting these in conquest. I would rather get infinity stones or more conquest marks. The sheer thought anyone actually spends credits on those aligners is lunacy. It would take 3600 gems to unlock that chest on day one. That's about $25 US dollars to get a piece of garbage. It's not even worth it. Even IF you were to get the epic loot from a random expert dungeon boss, the loot isn't even worth the cooldown time. You might as well just run the dungeon for the item you want. It's a whole lot more lucrative. You'll gain more than just one item, you'll gain experience and planar attunement xp etc etc.

It's not often you actually win conquest. I find I will get maybe 2 wins a week on average. It would be nice when you DO win that you actually get something of worth from the conquest chest. It's almost a slap in the face when you get a conquest core after a long hour or so in cq. Wasn't the change to the last boss of an expert to only drop epic loot done for a reason? People got tired of running experts for crappy blues and wanted some guaranteed worth for the effort and time they put in to run the dungeon. Give CQ the same thing. I would rather see conquest cores removed completely imo. At least then I would get Infinity Stones or something I can actually use.
    Its not just me that feels this way then....

But then....

Everything that the chest at the end of CQ is garbage really apart from the RIC. Best fix - remove the temporal core since nothing should drop PvE items anyway and replace it with a timed version of the depleted supple crate. Also, remove the 500 IS reward and replace with mebbe 50 depleted infinity shards.

And then, while they are at it, they can replace the daily warfront reward chest too. various rewards that are useful to anyone, anywhere, ever would be nice. Small chance at depleted infinity shards and depleted supply crates from them also.

And then, Change the weekly guns for hire reward chest in the same way - also give it a decent chance at dropping a depleted supply crate or depleted infinty shards.

Then we might have something worth having from the reward chests in PvP
    Last edited by Pett; 06-09-2014 at 06:47 AM.

yes please get rid of dungeon gear rewards for pvp

if you want to try to trick people into buying those speed up thingies, make the timed chest one of those depleted pvp chests.

Default Temporal conquest core?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarvos View Post

Didn't you know: conquest is the best competitive pseudo open-world large scale pvp, infused with profound pve elements available. And If you're really lucky; you can get some awesome empyrean slayer marks. I totally want that tier 1 raid gear part from only pvping, since it is really challenging to get. Hopefully I will get that part after 1000 times looting the box .

What's more intense then stillmoor? after zerging for 1 hour for the win; I get to zerg even more for my loot, and beating on that brain dead raid boss for a minute to get my awesome rng loot. If I don't get my loot I just /yell my team so bad, and rage retry and smash conquest even more.

What's even more gratifying is love how steppes of infinity was made for brain dead pvpers. Conversely was it made as tier 0.1 raid content? because the devs must've saw it was the best solution since 0.5 raid content stillmoor was to hard simply to hard due to the many pvpers that quitted? I know rite what noobs! pls come back, infinity steppes to the rescue. The devs sure did do a good job there. I love how predictable the results are and the spectacular terrain and the challenging mechanics when I run between bases. Steppes of infinity is better then stillmoor, because I'm almost guaranteed to get my rng loot if I decide to join at timer! This content is certainly so addictive that I want to play it 10 times a day, if I wasn't limited to 24 hours a day!

??? tl;dr These rng conquest vaults are overkill, they give gear even better pve gear then what I can possibly get from mercenary crates, oh boy what fun, I love rng... infact I hope everything goes rng in 3.0.
    Last edited by SpellwarriorX; 06-09-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: pvp in 3.0 ...intriguing
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

I forgot to answer your question, since I was to consumed in writing the wonders of rng.The wait is what makes the loot more desirable right? If you really can't wait you can make the pockets of the devs warm, correlating to what you said that you need to buy $25 worth of aligners to open them. It is a win win situation for everyone right? The devs know the little pvpers that still do play the game are to incompetent to get their own gear and like face rolling newbies. They probably then thought, by checking their data to see why many of them raged at level 40; the reason being dungeons got to hard. So they try to get pvpers the option to attain some basic gear for pve incase they change their minds. The gear from these rng chests/vaults also helps new players gear up faster for both pve and pvp. Killing two birds with one stone... I know Trion FTW
    I am the meister of my body and soul.
    Euphoria is my virtue, and sense is my imagination.
    I have collapsed over a thousand times.
    Neither aware of restrain... nor known to be sane.
    I have no regrets, this is the only path.

Rift Chaser

haha. This is to make u all buy the Temporal Aligner! See... Trion is trying to think of ways to leech u guys. Still Don't get it? Remember: No Trick! No Trap! hahaha. Next will be Transcended Lock Box. probably cost 1K credit. And another Transcended Temporal Crate, 24 days CD to open! lol.

Is conquest still mandatory? I was hoping by delaying having a lvl 60 this long they would have made it worth the time for fun instead of a grind it has always been described as.

back in February I posted this thread. while the CQ chest remains unchanged, most of the suggestions can now be found in the depleted supply crates, apart from the marks of notoriety, which they gave us separate pvp pills of faction notoriety to purchase from the rift store.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I was making jokes all week about how another timer Trion put me on for a while was going to be up a week before I could even access my Temporal Cores. And I got the cores first.

12 days is sort of long for them to contain the majority of sub-par quality items they do. The gimmicks in this game just make me want to rip my hair out though. How about this. When you get a temporal chest, you can open it.

WHOA, HOLY AMAZING IDEA.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-09-2014 at 08:43 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I was making jokes all week about how another timer Trion put me on for a while was going to be up a week before I could even access my Temporal Cores. And I got the cores first.

12 days is sort of long for them to contain the majority of sub-par quality items they do. The gimmicks in this game just make me want to rip my hair out though. How about this. When you get a temporal chest, you can open it.

WHOA, HOLY AMAZING IDEA.
    I wouldn't mind waiting if they offered something worth waiting for, but to date, they have not.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

Plane Walker

I hate this chest even more than the dungeon marks. I join a HK PM. Bust my *** for a half hour in stilmoor. Then loot a chest that I have to hold for 2 weeks to salvage a crappy blue piece of rogue tank gear with parry.

Throw in some novelty pets or something. Make it interesting.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Appendy View Post
    yes please get rid of dungeon gear rewards for pvp

if you want to try to trick people into buying those speed up thingies, make the timed chest one of those depleted pvp chests.
    Please, please do not reward PvP with PvE items like Temporal Conquest Cores. Anything but PvE gear.

Vye
    Rift Disciple

agreed. i just leave them in my bag and forget about them. They are worthless to me

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Player View Post
    Please, please do not reward PvP with PvE items like Temporal Conquest Cores. Anything but PvE gear.
    ...but PvE gear is BiS in epic battles against extractors!
    Last edited by Morwath; 06-17-2014 at 10:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread