+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bctrainers

Thread: When can the runes and consumables from the 'depleted supply crates' be BoA?

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Default When can the runes and consumables from the 'depleted supply crates' be BoA?

I've been pondering this topics... topic for about a week now. Why are the 'Depleted Supply Crate' consumables and runes soul bound, and not bound to account?

It would be nice being able to send these duplicate runes and excessive consumables over to my alt (or even alt back to main) at some point. Otherwise these are just wasting bag space when I could use said runes and consumables on another character.

becoz the box is a boss

What I would like to buy them directly form the store for marks and favor.
    All trinkets, greaters, runes and consumables.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    I couldn't agree more aka +1.

No thanks, I like the RNG. It reminds me of getting the "good" cards after burning your allowance on a pack of trading cards. Have some patience, appreciate the journey, as well as the destination.

I do agree with the OP.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    No thanks, I like the RNG. It reminds me of getting the "good" cards after burning your allowance on a pack of trading cards. Have some patience, appreciate the journey, as well as the destination.

I do agree with the OP.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood
    So directly buy from store is out of a journey, but sending to alts what they need is not.
    Enjoy your rng and the "journey" on your alts as well lol.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Rift Disciple

why would they make them boa?

i think they sell more boxes this way.

So directly buy from store is out of a journey, but sending to alts what they need is not.
    Enjoy your rng and the "journey" on your alts as well lol.
    Truth be told, there is merit in your suggestion. If the RNG boxes did not factor in your class when serving up gear, I think the developers would make their drops BoA, so players wouldn't be stuck with gear completely designed for another class in a particular toon's inventory, and then they could mix and match the gear around if they got nice items on alts. However, not everyone has alts of different classes and the system of the boxes mostly works well for them. I view the runes differently, as they can benefit the classes equally.

The reason I see merit in what you say is this: at the current drop rate of gear and runes from the boxes, I generally have the runes I need and some left over on each alt. However, I like having and upgrading different pvp sets for different purpose for each alt (those of us in HK are rich with RICs), and the reason I agree with the OP is it does seem like a waste to have the runes hanging out in the bags of different alts when I could consolidate them, move them around, and use them as needed on any of them.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

The mount should be BoA. I don't care if they aren't account wide mounts but at least let us send duplicates to alts.

For lots of people this would be a wash. I have a cleric and rogue alt. I can definitely see consumables though.

I have a feeling in the end they just drew a solid line so that you could not get more stuff on a single toon due to multiple alts. Which is paradoxical when you consider the cash route. But that's another topic.

I've rationalized that at least I won't need Rune Unsocketing things when the time comes to upgrade. I to have a nice going stack of runes. Unfortunately even trading them though wouldn't help.

On a side note, I totally got a fluffy in a PvP box. BIS companion.

If I could wave a magic wand, stuff like consumables would be available for typical favor - just higher priced. Same as runes perhaps. If they were able to come out swinging with these rare PvE runes that you either crafted our found for 500p+ on the AH, I don't see why PvP runes can't come with a high price tag.

I will admit I do like the RNG involved in gear. I just wish there was less tremendous various for every single slot (would make gearing up faster and in turn, you would probably get items you need quicker instead of 5 versions of over 20 diff slots). It is nice to have the best loot not 100% promised, and at the same time be able to customize our toons in an itemization way. That is something PvP'ers have almost never got out-side of old school PvP/PvE gear mixes (pro-bolstering).

If they did what I said with runes/consumables, and slimmed down the RNG pool of items, I think you could reap all the glory of RNG based BiS gear while having a much easier time gearing up. Maintaining the concept of non-promised gear. And yes...Ugh cash route.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-09-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread