+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 67
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: When will Physicians be fixed?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander Shadiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default When will Physicians be fixed?

    Rift PvP is unplayable since the new soul pack. Physician, to be exact. Warfronts turned into farming grounds of Physician teams and noone can counter them. They live forever & win without any skill requirement.

    This soul shouldn't be released at all. Please fix this.
    Last edited by Shadiya; 06-08-2014 at 10:47 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Yes they can be countered. Debilitate makes them incapable of even procing their personal shield <preventative medication>. Why? Because it disarms them and their heals work differently. The caster healers we are used to have their heals based on SP. Physicians have their heals based off of equal contributions of AP and Weapon DPS contribution. Debilitate them and their heals, even passive ones, grind to a halt.

    Also energy drains hit them hard. They only have 100 energy. No consumables to replace energy or to augment it.

    They can be countered. Interrupt works on them same as casters but after that you have to think of them like what they are...melee not casters and use the tools you did to stop melee, interrupt and disarm etc.

    Is it an adjustment after 3 years of dealing with caster based healers? Yep. The counters are there though. And no you will not pressure them down like you can a cloro. But you can't just pressure down a defiler or Sentinel either.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander Furina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadiya View Post
    Rift PvP is unplayable since the new soul pack. Physician, to be exact. Warfronts turned into farming grounds of Physician teams and noone can counter them. They live forever & win without any skill requirement.

    This soul shouldn't be released at all. Please fix this.
    i'm waiting for the fix. cancelled my patron sub already. just keeping an eye on hotfix notes. bored of being facerolled all day in wfs by unkillable phys. it's boring, makes me wanna rage logout. i wont pay to be derped by one button clicking kiddos exploiting a bugged soul. i like rift. just see no fun in being farmed by bad design. and they do nothing to fix it. maybe get good money from kids who think it's their skill, not coding mistake.
    Last edited by Furina; 06-08-2014 at 11:01 PM.

  4. #4
    Shadowlander Shadiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Yes they can be countered. Debilitate makes them incapable of even procing their personal shield <preventative medication>. Why? Because it disarms them and their heals work differently. The caster healers we are used to have their heals based on SP. Physicians have their heals based off of equal contributions of AP and Weapon DPS contribution. Debilitate them and their heals, even passive ones, grind to a halt.

    Also energy drains hit them hard. They only have 100 energy. No consumables to replace energy or to augment it.

    They can be countered. Interrupt works on them same as casters but after that you have to think of them like what they are...melee not casters and use the tools you did to stop melee, interrupt and disarm etc.

    Is it an adjustment after 3 years of dealing with caster based healers? Yep. The counters are there though. And no you will not pressure them down like you can a cloro. But you can't just pressure down a defiler or Sentinel either.
    I play pure healer. PvP, PvE, since start. Please do not tell me they are alright & balanced. Physician is nowhere near balanced or alright compared to other souls. They're hands down overpowered beyond sense & game limits.

    They heal 4,5 times more, take 4,5 times more damage and they need no skill or timing for that. I have a rogue so I know how Physician works.

    I do not even know why Trion needed to ruin a somewhat fun PvP with this soul. If it's a marketing attempt, it sure half lost me already.

  5. #5
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furina View Post
    i'm waiting for the fix. cancelled my patron sub already. just keeping an eye on hotfix notes. bored of being facerolled all day in wfs by unkillable phys. it's boring, makes me wanna rage logout. i wont pay to be derped by one button clicking kiddos exploiting a bugged soul. i like rift. just see no fun in being farmed by bad design. and they do nothing to fix it. maybe get good money from kids who think it's their skill, not coding mistake.
    Play a rogue or play another game. Only options you have if you do not want to be facerolled by immortal Physician-powered teams all day.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Physician is fine, ER should actually work how it reads. Given the Physician saves are sort of lackluster to begin with. Biofeedback is okay when it actually doesn't get interrupted. And now ER is turning into junk.

    You can destroy a Physician with CC. Maybe mana drains should be toned down so that to destroy a cleric you have to use CC, not just mana drain them until they can't even hit their buttons.

    Which pretty much sums up most the time a healer in Rift dies - they can't hit their buttons somehow. It's not hard to live. Not against a huge pool of DPS you come across. Two solid players can pressure you hard though and probably kill you.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-08-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadiya View Post
    I play pure healer. PvP, PvE, since start. Please do not tell me they are alright & balanced. Physician is nowhere near balanced or alright compared to other souls. They're hands down overpowered beyond sense & game limits.

    They heal 4,5 times more, take 4,5 times more damage and they need no skill or timing for that. I have a rogue so I know how Physician works.

    I do not even know why Trion needed to ruin a somewhat fun PvP with this soul. If it's a marketing attempt, it sure half lost me already.

    Look at a parse in detail and see what they are doing. If they are healing 4.5 times more than your ST pure healer (which a physician is btw) they are running a hybrid and raid healing. Any good raid healing cloro will be a match for them. I run both Phys and Clerics so yeah..

    I will grant that a 61 Phys can look better on a parse than a Sent or a Puri BUT they are doing that because they are keeping a rolling raid HoT going when they do it. A Sent has better burst ST healing (though they are roughly equal on total through put) and a Puri OWNS them on damage prevention.

    As far as being 4.5 times harder to kill? Than a defiler, Sent or Puri...they are equal. If you are playing a Warden or a Cloro then you have to complain about them too.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-08-2014 at 11:33 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  8. #8
    General of Telara Nemrud's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Look at a parse in detail and see what they are doing. If they are healing 4.5 times more than your ST pure healer (which a physician is btw) they are running a hybrid and raid healing. Any good raid healing cloro will be a match for them. I run both Phys and Clerics so yeah..

    I will grant that a 61 Phys can look better on a parse than a Sent or a Puri BUT they are doing that because they are keeping a rolling raid HoT going when they do it. A Sent has better burst ST healing (though they are roughly equal on total through put) and a Puri OWNS them on damage prevention.

    As far as being 4.5 times harder to kill? Than a defiler, Sent or Puri...they are equal. If you are playing a Warden or a Cloro then you have to complain about them too.
    Really not true from a DPS PoV. At least mine. TBH, noone would come here crying about they couldn't down a pure St healer 1v1 or 2v1. It's only natural a healer survives 1v1 or 2v1 for balanced team play.

    But Physician is vastly overpowered. Maybe in an ideal world where every DPS & support knew what to do & had best gear, build, playstyle with voice comm, yes, Physician may not be that big of an issue. But in real situations, especially non-premade WF queues, they are dominating every fight.

    PvP depends on one thing right now: If you have a Physician in team or not. Nothing else really matters. Well once in a blue moon you can have full Myr team & other team can be blue geared, this might be an exception.
    Nemrud@Zaviel Imperium
    The dwarf your momma warned you about.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Well I don't exclusively Physician. If I see other healers I go dps and I honestly have no harder a time taking out a Physician than I do Defilers's Sent etc.

    Sorry but the comment about build, play style etc is a cop out.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  10. #10
    RIFT Guide Writer
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You can destroy a Physician with CC.
    And you can destroy any class and all but tanks with CC. Your point? The only thing that even remotely affects healers is energy drains and physicians don't even have resources to worry about because 5s away from a dom = full bar. Or they just use Adrenaline shot to counter the last 10s of a Dom trying to stop their output.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

  11. #11
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    And a Dom destroys them faster because of their small unmodifiable pool of energy. 5 seconds away from a Dom and my Cleric is fine....so to quote you...Your point? All you did is make my point for me.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Wing man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,600

    Default

    The major issue is cross healing.

    Phys needs their damage put in line with other primary healers and they'll be fine. What enrages players is they dps as well as they heal in the right hands and we're back to the days of Inquisicar only on greater scale due to all the rogues.

  13. #13
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    355

    Default

    I mentioned many many times b4, if u haven't seen my posts. Well, Rogue is their fav toy, therefore physician too should be OP. Will they nerf physician? My answer for u is: NO! FoTM: always rogue( therefore they can't nerf physician ).

    Pls dun create any threads regarding or asking to nerf physician. We all know trion/glyphs will never nerf it. Pls let it go.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

  14. #14
    Ascendant Appendy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,626

    Default

    phys needs buffs. we don't have extra break free and cd reset like clerics do. biofeedback gets interrupted every time I cast it in wf (if opposing team isn't windowlickers). 61 phys does negligible damage. the only thing that makes us slightly on par with sent is that our energy doesn't run out like mana.

    phys is not overpowered and wf are not unplayable because of them.

    bards and tacts have been able to top wf scoreboard heals for a very long time now, so seeing a phys up there is nothing special. if there are clerics who are worth anything, they will push above any phys' numbers with no problem.

    buff phys.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Gunzip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,070

    Default

    Always dem bad keyboard turning clickers that rush to the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

    It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts