+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: When will Physicians be fixed?

  1. #46
    Shadowlander Furina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    Hi everyone,

    We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

    If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact a Rift community team member via PM.

    Thank you!
    tis a dangerous game there.

  2. #47
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Furina View Post
    no friend, really no. phy is the problem. i m not a pro but i play a lot. i use confirmed builds n gearing up. if there is no phy in a wf, game goes nice, not 100% but balanced n fun. when a phy joins any team, its steamrolling after. team w/o one stands no chance. they stone fang or flag n they dont die. keep hp full forever. you need objs to win a wf. if a guy is dominating objs, no win. reason people n me are so mad is, it also needs no skill. a twiching finger is good to play n win w a phy.

    edit i have a phy, check sig. not trolling.
    Phys is half the problem. When you see those crazy parses though it is the hybrid. That is the thing. Is Phys hard to kill? Yep. So is Sent. The problem people have is when they see a similar level of self healing with a raid healing Cloros parse. Add to the fact that when you have Phys in the WF it is usually on top of the people who were already running clerics and cloros...the cross healing goes nuts.

    All I am saying is that to simply focus on the physician avoids the true complexitity of the issue. I know we prefer simple answers but it really is not as simple as Phys. It is first the hybrid and it's parse. Without the performance of that build we would not be talking. The fact the person with that parse is as hard to kill as a Sent or Defiler and we are used to someone parsing like that being more easily killed. Then it is the fact that when you have more healers to deal with period when you have a Phys there. Example BG and stacking healers. You had it sorta bareable when you just had clerics and Cloros coming in. Now you have rogues going...oh look new and shiny so you have even more healers.

    Yeah you could nerf Phys itself so no one wants to play it and then the problem goes away but then you simply ignored the real issues. It's like making hate speech a crime. Yeah now people can't talk about their hate but the underlying hate and the impact it has on society is still there.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-10-2014 at 01:05 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  3. #48
    Shadowlander Furina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Phys is half the problem. When you see those crazy parses though it is the hybrid. That is the thing. Is Phys hard to kill? Yep. So is Sent. The problem people have is when they that level of self healing with a raid healing Cloros parse. Add to the fact that when you have Phys in the WF it is usually on top of the people who were already running clerics and cloros...the cross healing goes nots.

    All I am saying is that to simply focus on the physician avoids the true complexitity of the issue. I know we prefer simple answers but it really is not as simple as Phys. It is first the hybrid and it's parse. Without the performance of that build we would not be talking. The fact the person with that parse is as hard to kill as a Sent or Defiler and we are used to someone parsing like that being more easily killed. Then it is the fact that when you have more healers to deal with period when you have a Phys there.

    Yeah you could nerf Phys itself so no one wants to play it and then the problem goes away but then you simply ignored the real issues. It's like making hate speech a crime. Yeah now people can't talk about their hate but the underlying hate and the impact it has on society is still there.
    i replied u in other thread, no need to repeat here

  4. #49
    Shadowlander Shadiya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    Yeah you could nerf Phys itself so no one wants to play it and then the problem goes away but then you simply ignored the real issues. It's like making hate speech a crime. Yeah now people can't talk about their hate but the underlying hate and the impact it has on society is still there.
    Hate is a strong word but I sure don't like the fact that for every hundred death run I take back to fight, a Physician takes one or none. We very well know gear & rank is not a concern for Physicians as well, so it's really unfair for a certain soul to be that durable & efficient. Other healers can not perform half of a Physician parse wise and their survival skills are not even comparable.

  5. #50
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    because many of the people responding to these threads have said things like...

    but the ideal of a rge healing is kind of outlandish and extreme
    and

    You really can't understand why these people are pissed off?

    Rogues are good at literally everything, especially in PvP. Rogues were already the best all-around calling,
    So no, I do not think it extreme to say that bias and hate are at least part of the issue here.

    Btw the first quote is also an obvious sock account like Furina. Recent forum date, claims to have been around and spent heaps of money, only posting on this topic...

    It is actually sad how someone(s) is actually creating accounts to try and make it seem like there is this sudden huge swelling of anger over the issue. Sad because it is so bloody obvious they should be ashamed of themselves.

    I could actually detail the facts I have found and call out the person based on slip ups they have made on the various posts that even his intentional bad spelling was trying to mask but I won't, it would simply create a bigger flame war.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-10-2014 at 05:02 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  6. #51
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    18

    Default

    They will be fixed after the sells of the new soul bottoms out. Watch and learn how F2P works.

  7. #52
    Rift Chaser Pocketzoar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Physician is too strong. The absorbs are too much to deal with when tied with any other healers in the vicinity.


    I will say I dont think physicians are why pvp is terrible, but I think they are currently the largest culprit.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

  8. #53
    Ascendant Ianto Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    6,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    So no, I do not think it extreme to say that bias and hate are at least part of the issue here.
    It is a factually accurate statement. I don't see how you can ascribe that to "hatred" or "bias". I tell it like it is no matter what class is under scrutiny, even my own. It's widely acknowledged that Rogues are the most well-rounded class and are the most flexible in PvP. You'll note that I never even suggested anything specific, just pointed out that there are legitimate reasons that others are upset over the soul's strengths. I happen to think it's mostly fine except for its AOE healing, because it is incongruous with Chloromancer, which has severe limitations placed on it for being able to quickly switch between effective ST and effective AE healing.

    Most of the crap posted on the forums is just that, crap. What else is new.

  9. #54
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    It is a factually correct statement that is used in a disingenuous manner. Every calling has a soul that is good at stuff. Rogues are tied with clerics as bottom for ranged dps...good yes but there is better. They have good melee dps but there is better.

    So you say rogues are good at everything...true. But you omit that everyone else is also good at the same things...either equal and often better. Are rogues well rounded? Yeah. They are the jack of all trades master of none calling (except PvP ganking from stealth). So they have an equal healer.

    Trion should have instead said "hey let Clerics render Bard obsolete, Warriors raid heal better than a warden, Mages tank as well as everyone else (if not better than some) and yeah give rogues a tank healing soul but have it sub-par?"

    Your comments certainly appear to have a self serving element and a measure of bias sorry.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  10. #55
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    Physician is too strong. The absorbs are too much to deal with when tied with any other healers in the vicinity.


    I will say I dont think physicians are why pvp is terrible, but I think they are currently the largest culprit.
    So the problem is cross healing and not physician...thank you. And the purifier doesn't provide shields as well? Just curious.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  11. #56
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    So the problem is cross healing and not physician...thank you. And the purifier doesn't provide shields as well? Just curious.
    Yes, purifier does provide shields. But they don't provide the HPS. Phys can provide crazy shields and HPS. Stop comparing every heal soul to one. Yes, clerics have shields in puri, a full heal in sent, good AOE healing in warden. Those are all different souls and you cant use them all. This logic doesn't apply to phys, since it can basically do it all.

    edit: Not saying its crazy OP like most are saying, that's just due to Trion allowing everyone to heal in WFs. But it is still OP, but not by much, its almost where it needs to be.
    Last edited by Whoryen; 06-10-2014 at 09:58 PM.

  12. #57
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Again only if they go deep into tac and run AT non-stop which you can only do if you go fairly deep into Tactician. If they are running AT they are not providing crazy shields.

    If they are running 61 Phys they are not putting up those crazy parses and they are a Puri or a Sent for all intents and purposes.

    People really need to learn what is causing the issues I think.
    Last edited by Galibier; 06-10-2014 at 10:02 PM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  13. #58
    Plane Walker deathstormer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    403

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Numb69 View Post
    They will be fixed after the sells of the new soul bottoms out. Watch and learn how F2P works.
    hahah this is funny cause I deliberatly haven't bought the new souls because they looked after 1 class and ignored the other 3. I'm guessing they only sold new souls to rogues and PVE'rs
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

  14. #59
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shadiya View Post
    Hate is a strong word but I sure don't like the fact that for every hundred death run I take back to fight, a Physician takes one or none. We very well know gear & rank is not a concern for Physicians as well, so it's really unfair for a certain soul to be that durable & efficient. Other healers can not perform half of a Physician parse wise and their survival skills are not even comparable.
    You need to have your HP bar to show health. I usually target lowbie healers and regardless if physician or not they usually can die to focus fire in the 60s bracket. The higher HP ones, with OP trinket and OP runes( and pay to win gear for most at this point) with 40K+ life that are not the aoe physician/tacts(easier to kill with focus and cc) are very hard to kill just like the sent/puri. Also, I am sure cloros can have the most relative HP of all the heal specs. Not sure but pretty certain as I have seen a cloro with 53k HP in relic gear.
    Last edited by Planetx; 06-10-2014 at 11:18 PM.

  15. #60
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    1,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whoryen View Post
    Yes, purifier does provide shields. But they don't provide the HPS. Phys can provide crazy shields and HPS. Stop comparing every heal soul to one. Yes, clerics have shields in puri, a full heal in sent, good AOE healing in warden. Those are all different souls and you cant use them all. This logic doesn't apply to phys, since it can basically do it all.

    edit: Not saying its crazy OP like most are saying, that's just due to Trion allowing everyone to heal in WFs. But it is still OP, but not by much, its almost where it needs to be.
    Flame of Life provie insane group heal with 20 % dmg reduction and 5% dmg increase. Phys also doesnt get second cleanse and Rogues dont have 3 other healing soul to choose for sub soul which reduces their amount of utility by quite a lot.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts