+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Unable to reconfigure Myrmidon's bow

Default Unable to reconfigure Myrmidon's bow

Does anyone know why I'm unable to reconfigure my Myrmidon's bow. This is the first time I've ran into this problem. I know a lot of people think that reconfiguring stats is a total waist of platinum, but I've bought the darn cell and would like to use it. Thanks

It is not a matter of thinking reconfiguring stats is a waste of platinum, it factually is.

Reconfig cells about like 700 and change credits. True.

Rexes give 1250 credits and cost 900 - 1200 plat. True

Without credits reconfig cells are 1500 plat. True.

Give those 3 truths, I think logical deduction makes it pretty clear why platinum being an option is a mere joke and illusion to say "you don't have to buy credits to use it" when in reality the logic of using plat instead of credits is utterly illogical.

More on topic, if its a item you got from a box - reconfiguring stats is not an option. Only on vendor items. I would assume this is because there are CP/AP/Crit chance items that all drop from boxes, so, the answer is to get luckier, not use reconfig cells once you find one with high powered base stats.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-08-2014 at 01:02 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Thanks so much, Violacea

I wish they would put an "unable to reconfigure" notice on box items.

Oh, well. I'm a little disappointed, but I'll just save it. I'm fine with plat, so it's no big deal. I wish I could sell it. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Skid Rogue View Post

Oh, well. I'm a little disappointed, but I'll just save it. I'm fine with plat, so it's no big deal. I wish I could sell it. lol
    Re-read what I said. Buy Rex with your plat, instead of saving plat to buy reconfigure cells. It is just much more economical while still reaching the same result. Unless you have a strong principle against using credits in any fashion. It's just a matter of they worked the math, based on their common economy, for it to basically make no logical sense to use anything but credits, even if you buy rexes with plat to get credits. Hope that makes more sense.

I don't mind holding out hoping to get some good CP boxed items eventually. I just will never like that some people can stock buy boxes or WF charges. It really really speeds progression up. You can say - I think I'll skip 5 days of progression instantly, and hit that goal line within an hour instead. I've done it Good luck!
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-08-2014 at 09:55 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Thanks again, Violacea

And I do buy REX with my plat. That's exactly how I purchased the cell. I just speak in terms of platinum because that's how I think of it. Platinum is what I work so hard to earn.

And good advise is always appreciated. Everyone enjoys finding ways to make their $$ stretch. I'm just afraid that if we shout about a Cash Shop trick too much, Trion will take the advantage away.

I would be in favor of the devs allowing us to reconfigure the RNG weapons. You sacrifice quite a bit of overall stats and usually a particular stat altogether in order to receive an increase in a stat from an RNG weapon. You should at least be able to progress this item with significant "trade-offs" to the same level that you can the vendor weapons, imo.

~Cheers

Predict@Deepwood

only weapons bought from the riftstore upgraded via freelancer can be reconfigured, those that you get from boxes are "fixed" stats.

+ Reply to Thread