+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aveleys

Thread: Please encourage more role balance.

Default Please encourage more role balance.

As happy as I am that healers are actually plating the game again warfronts getting kind of stagnant. There is way too much healing going on and your game is actually suffering for it.
    Cross healing needs an adjustment even if its temporary.

The most simple way I can suggest doing this is implimenting a rewards system for people who que as a needed role. The reward will be retracted if that players deciates from that role at anytime durring the warfront..

I would rather wait 15 minutes for a role balanced and enjoyable game then spend 15 minutes in a black garden with no kills on either team.

Please do something Thanks.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Role balance doesn't matter when 99% of people in warfronts cannot play the game well.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Role balance doesn't matter when 99% of people in warfronts cannot play the game well.
    At least 99% of people will actually get a chance to play the game :P rather then standing at an objective chating in /say mid fight.

Pretty soon we are going to see 5 man dps premades.

Doms must be having a hay day having all that free time to oom folkes.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    At least 99% of people will actually get a chance to play the game :P rather then standing at an objective chating in /say mid fight.

Pretty soon we are going to see 5 man dps premades.

Doms must be having a hay day having all that free time to oom folkes.
    ^ this... I always dom if I know who is healing on the other team.. dom is just way too fun.
    "I'm going to keep getting closer and closer to you. And not just day after day, oh no. It's going to happen much faster than that! See I'm already closer to you than I was a moment ago. And I'll keep getting closer and closer to you, until I swallow you up and then, you'll disappear. Things are not turning out well for you at all, are they? (laughs) See you around."

Ascendant

Easy to say, hard to do. Ppl will either change their spec inside or not do their job despite playing needed spec.

Who cares if you get more dps specs while they focus tanks? or more supports if they dont rebuff and cast raid buffs when nobody is around?

Best they can do is create some official channel which may help making premades easier and then you can decide if you want to play with certain player or not.
    PvP in RIFT is good only @forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysHealNeverDie View Post
    Easy to say, hard to do. Ppl will either change their spec inside or not do their job despite playing needed spec.

Who cares if you get more dps specs while they focus tanks? or more supports if they dont rebuff and cast raid buffs when nobody is around?

Best they can do is create some official channel which may help making premades easier and then you can decide if you want to play with certain player or not.
    I suggested removing the reward if they change out the rewarded spec. Also, its not just in favor of bad dps. Role balance makes good dps even better compared to todays cross healing fiasco.

A month ago 1 good dps could carry a mediocre group of dps to a win. Today even the best dps in the game can many times enter a warfront and leave without a kill.

Raid buffs aren't really in question here. Its balance between damage and healing when there is simply too much cross healing.

As it is we might as well all just roll healers and sit on objectives. The only damage we need is to interupt an onbjective cap because half the time it doesn't matter how much damage you do.

I was watching bajheeras rift stream yesterday and I was actually embarrassed for trion watching him give up on killing players and beat on npcs.
    Last edited by Pocketzoar; 06-06-2014 at 06:41 PM.

+ Reply to Thread