+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Energy Drains

Ascendant

Default Energy Drains

Blunt and to the point the dom, or something mixed, now seems to drain energy and keep it drained for long lengths of time. While I do like the occasional energy drain, wf's have been glaringly long with drains being thrown left and right, added to that any other normal CC and the new debilitate the game is getting ridiculous.

A good example I 1v1 a gimmicky spec in a wf today. Regardless of what I played my energy was pretty much drained the entire minute of fighting, and I was attacking 1/5 seconds or so. Pretty extreme, and while this is a gimmicky spec, I've noticed by and far ridiculous wf's of constant energy drained players.

This exasperates and promotes long heal wf's because now all you need is a dom and a healer and dps is cut in 1/3rd due to not even being able to attack. I've not seen the dom as an issue in past prior, though it was very powerful even then, but I'm pretty sure something significant got changed and I don't see it as any good in wf's due to our current heal fest wf's which are seemingly continuing on and on.

Last, there is no counter I'm seeing. Even if I cleanse soul on a rogue or break free I'm attacking at an atrocious rate. Can't even interrupt since thats greyed out too. It's not very "skillful" on either side simply making people do nothing with nothing to counter in return. Not even sure if mass cleanses really counter things anymore to much degree since I'm seeing it thrown out time and time again.

/discuss.

Edit: This is not a nerf mages thread I quit playing my chloro long ago due to how squishy it is and I 100% believe a lot of mage souls need buffed. Not pyro-you just don't know how to play it if thats the case. ;-)
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-06-2014 at 02:10 AM.

it's the passive 3% resource drain from pain armor.

if you think it's bad as a rogue or a warrior, try playing against it as a shaman. even though it was obviously targeted mostly at rogues and warriors, it hurts shaman a whole lot worse. it's so bad that i went out of my way to pm the mage/cleric class dev about it.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

They should change that to work like debilating poison.

CC flying around recently more annoying for me. Chain-cc to death is not a nice thing at all.
    Work around snare, root and knockback/kick dr.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

i still want my charged shield back

that was handy for power leveling
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    it's the passive 3% resource drain from pain armor.

if you think it's bad as a rogue or a warrior, try playing against it as a shaman. even though it was obviously targeted mostly at rogues and warriors, it hurts shaman a whole lot worse. it's so bad that i went out of my way to pm the mage/cleric class dev about it.
    ahhh, I didn't think it was making things that worse, but I can see how now, especially any aoe will affect players as well as ST attacks.

Now I know why I saw you running around on Inq on Paisley. lol. Doesn't have the umph, huh? lol.

Good players don't get drained.

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    Good players don't get drained.
    lol says the guy who got schooled on everything about mm by muspel on the rogue forums just now

stick to nb son
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

lol says the guy who got schooled on everything about mm by muspel on the rogue forums just now

stick to nb son
    He's not that good on NB. Probably should stick to something OP at the time. Physician I suggest until its nerfed, then something tanky.

I'm having a blast on ranger though. More umph then MM; less utility.

What about your health bar? How did it look? Was the Dominator rapidly depleting it as well? In this 1v1 scenario who won? Did you vanquish the Dom? Reason I ask is because, in a warfront, Doms are good at making players useless on the battlefield. That is what they do. - but - The opposing player(s) are really good at making the Dom useless ... at the graveyard.

The energy and mana bars appear perfectly fine in PvP. What is contributing to "Healfest 2014" is the lack of resource management. The energy/mana costs of abilities and/or the strength of in combat mana/energy regeneration needs adjusting. Dispells are also an issue. Perhaps even cast times could be looked at. Goal is to make not only healers, but all players, care about their resources even when not being targeted by drains.

*Pain Armor:
    - 61 root ability
    - Now increases the Mage's damage by 15%.
    - Now reduces the cooldown of Arresting Presence by 10s.
    - When damaged by a single target ability, drains 3 Power, Energy or Mana equal to 3% of the Mage's Max Mana from the attacker.
    - Lasts 1h and counts as a Mage Armor.
    Who is John Galt?

stick to nb son
    Avelys=Televised?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

One post and I was able to derail another thread into talking about me.

Rift forums are too easy.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    Aveleys=Televised?
    That's a pretty big insult to Televised.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodian View Post
    They should change that to work like debilating poison.

CC flying around recently more annoying for me. Chain-cc to death is not a nice thing at all.
    Work around snare, root and knockback/kick dr.

I agree with you completely

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

Edit: This is not a nerf mages thread I quit playing my chloro long ago due to how squishy it is and I 100% believe a lot of mage souls need buffed. Not pyro-you just don't know how to play it if thats the case. ;-)
    Evidently I don't know how to play. Buff Pyro.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

this mechanic needs to be added to the other support. and yeah if you are drained you aren't paying attention. there is nothing powerful about doms it's just most people can't handle the 3rd aspect of the game. Good players handle this 3rd aspect and don't get drained.

Actually I am surprised there aren't more sins round since the phys addition they lock down their energy well as it is

DON'T NERF PHYS
    Last edited by deathstormer; 06-06-2014 at 08:23 AM.
    Deathion Reaperblade <Aspies> Warrior
    Lucifeera <Aspies> Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast